Aramark Employee Reviews for Catering Assistant

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 15,835 reviews
Fast Paced Workplace
Barista and Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leopardstown, County Dublin18 November 2019
The work place was very fast paced. You were expected to do things well and on time. However the time you were expected to complete tasks in were very reasonable and every one was very friendly.
short staff and stressful
Catering Assistant- UHG (Former Employee) –  Galway26 October 2019
This is a horrible workplace, you spend 11 hr 15 minutes in the hospital and get paid from 8h 30 min to 9 h 15 min. Half of the time they pay incorrectly. The managment is not organised and doesn't take their employees into consideration. Most of them have no formal training in any type of managment or basic bussiness.
They are always short staffed, having to do breakfast for 32 patients by yourself is seen as a norm.
When a person is new they take advantage of them by either making them work extra day (since they have no staff) or asking for "favours" which is where they do extra work without extra pay.
Overall the job is not difficult once you know you're diets and the actual job. It's a beneficial experience especially engaging with the patients and giving them the food they need to get better.
The job itself is 8/10
The work, the management and overall experience 3/10. I would not recommend this to anyone. It's a minimum wage job in an infectious environment , the hours are long and not all the managers are supportive.
I wouldnt work for them again.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick15 May 2019
Aramark were a horrible company to work for, from management right down to servers. They were wrong with my pay multiple times, and I didnt get my holiday pay until 4 weeks after I booked my holidays. If you have a choice dont work for them, it's not worth the free lunches
Poor
CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Galway9 May 2019
It is a very poor place to work. Hours are way too long ,12 hours a day. Management is awful and unorganized. They are also under staffed and calling people in on there days off to come in. Would not recommend.
Productive workplace
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2019
The management seem not to tell staff what is happening when there is a new site opening and where they are going or what hours they are doing. It puts a lot of stress of staff.
0 hour contracts
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick24 February 2019
0 hour contracts says it all. seems like international company but in reality no job security with 0 hour contracts. must be improved. less hours, more work so staff is under pressure.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
0 hour contracts
Over works dedicated staff. Little care for employees unless they have a complaint that may interest HQ
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway24 July 2018
Long hours and regularly understaffed. Managers and team leads of very little help the majority of the time. Free lunches are mediocre at the best of times - limits on what the staff can have and this is not even provided in full, especially at weekends.
Bullying is allowed to continue depending on 'who you know'.
Too much is asked of employees for 9.25 an hour. New staff are taken advantage of and some have worked 8 days in a row, with 6 of those being 7:30am to 6:45pm, the other 2 12pm to 6:45pm.
There are nice members of staff and managers alike, but the dis-organisation and the points mentioned above make it an undesirable place to work unless you are thick skinned and want to advance in the catering sector.
Managers overwork you with long hours for days on end
Assistant Caterer (Former Employee) –  Mayo12 December 2017
Worked there for a year, hated it managers would be all nice to you when they want you to do something but would be incredibly thick if you said no to their demands, don't care about your well being and will put you on hazardous hours I worked 11 and a half hours 3 days in a row multiple times bent over a sink for those hours and refused to take me off that task when asked. All they want is to fill the hours on, I was contracted to have at least 2 days off every week barely got that some weeks, worked 15 days in a row at one point before getting a day off.
You'd be better of working anywhere else
Pros
Free lunch but taste horrible
Company
Supervisor Starbucks /Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 June 2017
They give lots of opportunity for immigrants works, however,v they do not think you can do better. They keep you making the same job for many years...
Hostile atmosphere
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  uhg13 June 2017
I was very unhappy during my time here. I ended up taking a year out of work with stress. Very hostile and upsetting environment to be work in. the job was stressful enough working with sick people all the time which could be upsetting, but then management would treat you like dirt!! They only allow you to work split shift 5 days a week and you dont get paid for breaks so your day begins at 7.30am and ends at 7pm and you are only paid for 7 hours of this.
Pros
Learned dietry advice for people with special diets
Cons
worked split shifts 7.30 to 2 - 2-7
Productive and fun work place
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrigtwohill, County Cork6 April 2017
Great work expieriance. Great freindly enviroment. I had the chance to learn all aspects of kitchen work, which will benefit grealy future work expieriance.
Pros
Free Dinners
Cons
Eveing hours
Work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 February 2017
My company what I work for is big and good on market. I am still working for Aramark.
I worked on different places and different position. I was a deli assistant, barista and now catering assistant.
My day now is prepare breakfast. Serve the breakfast and continue with coffee or bring the order for meeting alike tea and coffee.
I learned in my job few thing, for example, how to make great coffee, because I had a barista training. I learn also how to deal with thing if something wrong.
Every year I had new manager so I need to really be flexible for all changes what they bring it.
I don't have really hardest part of job because if I was busy I can challenge myself.
The most enjoyable part of job was for example the event. If I had something different what change my routine in work.

Pros
christmas voucher
Cons
full time
Fast and busy
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare7 February 2017
Working in Intel was a great as you learn how to work quickly and under pressure. Also they train you in on a few different sections as in tills cash handling customer service and food prep
Pros
Free lunch
catering assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 November 2016
I enjoy work at Aramark ,is very busy but I like to work at the kitchen,I learn a lot of thing, like how to do sandwich ,that we need to check the temperature of the food, keep the place very clean ,work as a team
Pros
very near to my house
Cons
sometimes they want that we work at the highest floor of the Croke and there is very cold
great industry to work in
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GA1 September 2016
start at 8am then peel the shell of the eggs that the chef had boiled earlier around 22 of them put sum on display at the salad bar then I would make egg mayonnaise out of the rest of them then I would dice the onions about 5 then I opened the pack s of mince and put them in a big pot then take the packets of chips out of the fridge and have them ready for the chef then I would put all the salads on display at the salad bar then I would help to serve the food which is called front of house then I would do the cleaning up filling the dish washer
I learned how to make your own soup and how to slice onions an the different kinds of salads like waldof salad etc..
the management where very helpful and the other staff members were very nice to me also the hardest part of the job was the washing up the most enjoyable was the front of house serving all the customers
Pros
doing the front of house
fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballinasloe, County Galway22 July 2016
This is a fun place to work. The work is fast paced and interactive. You learn a lot about diets and dietary requirements in this role. Aramark is a good company to work for and support their staff in every way. There is a great family atmosphere within the crew.
learn how to talk to my customers
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, LH26 September 2015
enjoyed working at Aramark for some time , but as we all know managers change every time we just have to know who we are and what we are there for.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Aramark
Catering Assistant in the Clare based Businesses (Current Employee) –  Clare21 January 2015
I work a 25 hour week
I am in the food serving and wash-up
my co workers are lovely and I believe we all get on well together
my favourite part of my job is meeting the customers
Pros
free break meal
Cons
too short work hours
N/a
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK17 February 2014
I have absolutle nothing to tell about that work,the managers a not organise,not clean,you have to do others persons work where you not sopost,most enjoyable part finish work and go home:-)
Productive and fun place to work in
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick, Ireland20 November 2012
We would work together even on a typical day when there are conference's to be catered for and we would execute the project smoothely.

My co-workers were helpful in so many ways.

Management was great they'd offer you loads of great opportunities for you to learn and train with them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
quiet days