Aramark
Information from Aramark:

Aramark Employee Reviews for Catering Assistant

Catering Assistant24 reviews
Ireland24 reviews
A busy place and they wanted me.to work like twho people for an minimum per hour income.

I supost to bring in the plates wash and bring out on the same time as it was busy and fast going the role was to wash the dishis for like 1000 customers in 1.5h and was like 2500 bowls and plates and cups plus coffe cups or just gtases.
Aramark are international company, reputable and well recognised all over Ireland and beyond. I'm very proud to be part of Aramark staff.
It's awesome working with all staffs at Aramark and well trained staff with good moral
Worked 7 years with Aramark in Crumlin Hospital. Too much work for basic wage. Unsafe equipment, not enough staff for how busy it was. No management skills, didn't care, rosters we're always late. I was dropped down to 1 day a week without any communication with myself until I confronted the mangers, was told it was for new staff to train even though I was with company 5 years they all passed the blame.
Pros
When I left Aramark.
Cons
To many
It was a good company to work with and flexible especially if you are a nursing mother or a student or still relating children it gives you room to work and attend to your family issues. I recommend it for anyone who wanted to work as a kitchen assistant or studied hospitality. Very good company and my manager was a great lady
The work place was very fast paced. You were expected to do things well and on time. However the time you were expected to complete tasks in were very reasonable and every one was very friendly.
This is a horrible workplace, you spend 11 hr 15 minutes in the hospital and get paid from 8h 30 min to 9 h 15 min. Half of the time they pay incorrectly. The managment is not organised and doesn't take their employees into consideration. Most of them have no formal training in any type of managment or basic bussiness.
They are always short staffed, having to do breakfast for 32 patients by yourself is seen as a norm.

When a person is new they take advantage of them by either making them work extra day (since they have no staff) or asking for "favours" which is where they do extra work without extra pay.

Overall the job is not difficult once you know you're diets and the actual job. It's a beneficial experience especially engaging with the patients and giving them the food they need to get better.

The job itself is 8/10

The work, the management and overall experience 3/10. I would not recommend this to anyone. It's a minimum wage job in an infectious environment , the hours are long and not all the managers are supportive.
Aramark were a horrible company to work for, from management right down to servers. They were wrong with my pay multiple times, and I didnt get my holiday pay until 4 weeks after I booked my holidays. If you have a choice dont work for them, it's not worth the free lunches
It is a very poor place to work. Hours are way too long ,12 hours a day. Management is awful and unorganized. They are also under staffed and calling people in on there days off to come in. Would not recommend.
Cons
The management seem not to tell staff what is happening when there is a new site opening and where they are going or what hours they are doing. It puts a lot of stress of staff.
Cons
0 hour contracts says it all. seems like international company but in reality no job security with 0 hour contracts. must be improved. less hours, more work so staff is under pressure.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
0 hour contracts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aramark?
Long hours and regularly understaffed. Managers and team leads of very little help the majority of the time. Free lunches are mediocre at the best of times - limits on what the staff can have and this is not even provided in full, especially at weekends.
Bullying is allowed to continue depending on 'who you know'.

Too much is asked of employees for 9.25 an hour. New staff are taken advantage of and some have worked 8 days in a row, with 6 of those being 7:30am to 6:45pm, the other 2 12pm to 6:45pm.

There are nice members of staff and managers alike, but the dis-organisation and the points mentioned above make it an undesirable place to work unless you are thick skinned and want to advance in the catering sector.
Worked there for a year, hated it managers would be all nice to you when they want you to do something but would be incredibly thick if you said no to their demands, don't care about your well being and will put you on hazardous hours I worked 11 and a half hours 3 days in a row multiple times bent over a sink for those hours and refused to take me off that task when asked. All they want is to fill the hours on, I was contracted to have at least 2 days off every week barely got that some weeks, worked 15 days in a row at one point before getting a day off.
You'd be better of working anywhere else
Pros
Free lunch but taste horrible
Cons
They give lots of opportunity for immigrants works, however,v they do not think you can do better. They keep you making the same job for many years...
I was very unhappy during my time here. I ended up taking a year out of work with stress. Very hostile and upsetting environment to be work in. the job was stressful enough working with sick people all the time which could be upsetting, but then management would treat you like dirt!! They only allow you to work split shift 5 days a week and you dont get paid for breaks so your day begins at 7.30am and ends at 7pm and you are only paid for 7 hours of this.
Pros
Learned dietry advice for people with special diets
Cons
worked split shifts 7.30 to 2 - 2-7
Great work expieriance. Great freindly enviroment. I had the chance to learn all aspects of kitchen work, which will benefit grealy future work expieriance.
Pros
Free Dinners
Cons
Eveing hours
My company what I work for is big and good on market. I am still working for Aramark.
I worked on different places and different position. I was a deli assistant, barista and now catering assistant.

My day now is prepare breakfast. Serve the breakfast and continue with coffee or bring the order for meeting alike tea and coffee.

I learned in my job few thing, for example, how to make great coffee, because I had a barista training. I learn also how to deal with thing if something wrong.

Every year I had new manager so I need to really be flexible for all changes what they bring it.

I don't have really hardest part of job because if I was busy I can challenge myself.

The most enjoyable part of job was for example the event. If I had something different what change my routine in work.

Pros
christmas voucher
Cons
full time
Working in Intel was a great as you learn how to work quickly and under pressure. Also they train you in on a few different sections as in tills cash handling customer service and food prep
Pros
Free lunch
I enjoy work at Aramark ,is very busy but I like to work at the kitchen,I learn a lot of thing, like how to do sandwich ,that we need to check the temperature of the food, keep the place very clean ,work as a team
Pros
very near to my house
Cons
sometimes they want that we work at the highest floor of the Croke and there is very cold
start at 8am then peel the shell of the eggs that the chef had boiled earlier around 22 of them put sum on display at the salad bar then I would make egg mayonnaise out of the rest of them then I would dice the onions about 5 then I opened the pack s of mince and put them in a big pot then take the packets of chips out of the fridge and have them ready for the chef then I would put all the salads on display at the salad bar then I would help to serve the food which is called front of house then I would do the cleaning up filling the dish washer
I learned how to make your own soup and how to slice onions an the different kinds of salads like waldof salad etc..

the management where very helpful and the other staff members were very nice to me also the hardest part of the job was the washing up the most enjoyable was the front of house serving all the customers
Pros
doing the front of house
Cons
This is a fun place to work. The work is fast paced and interactive. You learn a lot about diets and dietary requirements in this role. Aramark is a good company to work for and support their staff in every way. There is a great family atmosphere within the crew.
enjoyed working at Aramark for some time , but as we all know managers change every time we just have to know who we are and what we are there for.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.
4.8K