Aramark
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Aramark Pay & Benefits reviews

Ireland135 reviews
Nice shop to work in. Day fly's as it is very busy. But pay is very poor.
I actually like working in Aramark shop but I have asked for a payrise and was refused one. I'm on minimum wages (€9.80) and as a mother I find it very difficult to keep bills paid etc. It is a very busy shop and u only get to sit down on your lunchbreak.
Terrible company
Pay you absolute minimum amount possible, cut your hours to the minimum possible. Horrible colleagues who scheme behind your back. Actually fault you for working late to finish without pay of course and they try to use that against you. Fault you for PRACTICING YOUR JOB. Disgraceful management. Don't waste your time with these people
short staff and stressful
This is a horrible workplace, you spend 11 hr 15 minutes in the hospital and get paid from 8h 30 min to 9 h 15 min. Half of the time they pay incorrectly. The managment is not organised and doesn't take their employees into consideration. Most of them have no formal training in any type of managment or basic bussiness.
They are always short staffed, having to do breakfast for 32 patients by yourself is seen as a norm.

When a person is new they take advantage of them by either making them work extra day (since they have no staff) or asking for "favours" which is where they do extra work without extra pay.

Overall the job is not difficult once you know you're diets and the actual job. It's a beneficial experience especially engaging with the patients and giving them the food they need to get better.

The job itself is 8/10

The work, the management and overall experience 3/10. I would not recommend this to anyone.
It's a minimum wage job in an infectious environment , the hours are long and not all the managers are supportive.
Awful and unfair
They do not pay correctly and are very fasts to ask u to work but extremely slow to pay up. I never got paid properly for work I did. Breaks were non existantand management was rude and unhelpful
Illegal practices
My Son works at a garage counter and has done over 6 months. He works 10 days in a row most the time with one day break. 9hr shifts. He has no access to a payslip. I'm pretty sure he's entitled to one and is also entitled to a maximum working week under work Time legislation.
Terrible experience and I still haven´t got my payment
- They did not pay me properly for the hours that I worked and paid less than promised;
- Management disorganized and demotivate;
- They did not pay me or gave me the papers for the end of contract as I requested.
Fun and security work place
I enjoy working at Aramark company, all staffs are friendly and have a great atmosphere.
The Managers are friendly and helpful, amazing time that helps everybody to complete our mission.

I've been never imagined work with this environment that help me a lot and make me safe and Happy.
Pros
Salary, safe job
Cons
Contract part time
Avoid this company
No career development in this company
No respect for employees

Lack of communication

No pay rise even after years with the company
No loyalty
Constantly messing up the wages
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No career development. Minium wage
Okay
Hours are uncertain but a good company to get some experience with, management tend to speak down to younger staff members and treat them like children, sometimes you can be left chasing them for your wages
Pros
Experience
Cons
Sometimes your not paid, left short hours etc
I wouldnt work for them again.
Aramark were a horrible company to work for, from management right down to servers. They were wrong with my pay multiple times, and I didnt get my holiday pay until 4 weeks after I booked my holidays. If you have a choice dont work for them, it's not worth the free lunches
Poor
It is a very poor place to work. Hours are way too long ,12 hours a day. Management is awful and unorganized. They are also under staffed and calling people in on there days off to come in. Would not recommend.
Productive workplace
The management seem not to tell staff what is happening when there is a new site opening and where they are going or what hours they are doing. It puts a lot of stress of staff.
0 hour contracts
0 hour contracts says it all. seems like international company but in reality no job security with 0 hour contracts. must be improved. less hours, more work so staff is under pressure.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
0 hour contracts
not too bad for beginners
always understaffed so when you show up at work be prepared to do way extra than you expected, minimum wage only and no overtimes given, no payrise nevertheless how long you worked there, very stressful job and environment overall.
Pros
you at least have a job
Cons
poor wage, stressful job
Poor management and dead ends
I work as a barman in croke park, the job benefits and salaries on mu position are minimal, and there are no prospects for advancement here. Other than being around to watch matches if youre so inclined theres not much here for those looking to make a career out of a field, its very one and done.
Cons
Long hours, strict pay docketing, poor management
Great to learn
Fantastic to learn. I started to work in Aramark when just arrived in Ireland, great experience. They gave me all the necessary training to perform my duties and they gave me the possibility to grow within the company.
Pros
Training, promotion possibilities
Cons
Salary
productive workplace
I work here one year and always enjoy coming into work everyone id friendly and and everyone gets on with each other in a professional manner overall great place
Pros
free luch
Cons
no free lunch
Hated working here
Treated unfairly...dont support employees with disabilities..only good thing about the job was good sociable hours and nice co workers who would provide help if needed also they dont follow what is on their job descriptions.
not frequent hours
The work is casual and the hours are short, a typical day in work would be a 6 hour shift. its good for people in secondary school who just need a bit of money.
Non productive workplace
Basically there is no chance for self development, there is nothing what you can learn only easy, simple, repetitive duties.
Management with few exceptions on low competences.

No chance for promotion..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small sallary
Hard work and good experience
I enjoyed working in this environment and connecting with the public in croke park on the weekends it was a great way to learn about customer service every week.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unsociable hours