Arcadia Group

Arcadia Group Employee Reviews

Ireland47 reviews
I would typically work a four hour shift in Topshop. Each hour my role or position on the shop would change. I learned how to deal politely and helpfully with customers. I was till trained and learned opening and closing procedures. The management and my fellow workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with complicated returns or unsatisfied customers.
Pros
As a part-time worker my longest shift was only four hours.
Cons
Part-time contracts are non felxible
If you ever wanted to work in retail Arcadia is the place to start. Excellent training & support structure. Fast pace environment, never boring, keeps you on your toes.....always learning new skills, Can achieve great awards..... Over all brilliant company to work for.
Pros
Structure, training, great leadership, excellent support.
Cons
Can be a bit stressful sometimes over peak seasons
i did not enjoy my time working in the arcadia group they did not give me reasonable working hours that worked with my college hours. the hardest part of the job was the atmosphere
Fast paced and erratic. Constant chopping and changing of things within the store as well as in the company, on a regular basis. No two days are the same.
Working for the Arcadia group was both stressful & enjoyable. I worked with a great team who understood their roles in the team & worked hard to achieve sales goals & targets that were set. Working in the fashion industry was also very rewarding with staff perks such as discount on the latest clothes! I went from working full time to part time & the company were very accommodating.
Management is a joke. Was left to close shop on my second day with very little training. Manager always finding something wrong and is a bully. Did not stay long there because of this and neither are other staff members. Something needs to be done about management as there is a high staff turn over in this store.
Worked in Burtons for 4 years,
Gained some valuable soft skills which will be useful in my future career,

Interpersonal skills

KPI focused

Friendly staff
Pros
Lunch are split an hour and a half
Cons
very repetitive
Manager of this section at this store is a bully.

A bully that needs to be fired. Horrible manager.

Pure evil and childish.

One thing I’ve learned,

Probably how to deal with bullies. And to control my anxiety more... Thanks to that management.

That’s about it.
Pros
Great other members of staff all around the stor
Cons
Manager
Didn't stay long, management is a joke, i was spoken to very rudely on multiple occasions. Desperately needs new management as i even witnessed the manager being very rude to multiple customers. Hours are very bad (4 hour daily shifts) and minimum wage. Overall felt very picked on and belittled, wouldnt recommend. Only positive was the other two lovely girls that were there.
Cons
Bad management
Very poor management. I was being bullied. Practically pushed out door.
Definitely need to improve the manager at this store. A lot of people left soon after me and more are currently leaving.

One thing I’ve learned - stand up for yourself!
I learned how valuable customers are and how much the company relies on them and their own staff. The workplace culture was as you expected, it was also fun and enjoyable. Management were friendly, organised and productive.
Management in this store is very hard to work with. There were days when I dreaded going in even with such a great team to work with.
Expectations keep growing even though staff decreases and support lessens. As a part time job it's a good experience as retail will toughen you up!

It's also frowned upon to be ill. So don't get sick while you work here.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Intimidating Management. Excessive expectations that keep increasing. No payrise.
Working in Topshop/Topman Jervis is a fun experience.
Long days or nights working on your feet are made feel easier with the good unity of staff.

The store has been a home for me for 5 years, and I have never felt anything, but welcome.

Through the years I have learned so much about helping not only the customer in need, but also, the co-worker in their difficulties.

Most days are spent making sure the shop floor is available to reach all targets.
Pros
Working in the city centre.
Cons
Long days working on your feet. Working over the Christmas holidays.
As in retail, its a typical day at work. Customer service has to be 100%. Mostly enjoyable because of working with public. In all retail its target orientated and management has to set a good example
nie mam zastrzeżeń ,jest to bardzo dobrze działająca firma na rynku europejskim
We had a team of 20 staff, we always worked together as a team to get tasks done on time. We had great discount of 25%. We had training nights with pizza and sweets to make it a bit more fun whilst training. Christmas nights out were lovely to see everyone happy together having fun. We got deliveries 4 times a week it was always exciting seeing new stock coming in and having banter with customers.We had a lot of regular customers they were lovely.
Pros
Training was excellent/ discount 25%
Cons
No actual security man on site
As a sales assistant, I have excellent experience with customer service and selling techniques. I worked against targets and KPI's, which help motivate myself and the team to achieve goals. I worked against incentives too, which would include personal targets and sale figures.

I wold approach every customer and ask if they needed any guidance with finding clothes or sizes. I would offer them my advice and create an outfit for them. I would always compliment customers. I am fully till trained, can do stock take, transfers, price changes, store accounting, sale launch and many more tasks.
Learned a lot about the fashion industry and trends.
Learned about stock take and stock loss.

Confidence increased from dealing with customers

Worked along side a motivated team who share similar interests within fashion.
Great place to work. Relaxed work environment. Great benefits and discounts. Lots of opportunities to advance into a higher position. Rewards for completing initiatives
Pros
Discounts across all Arcadia brands
Cons
Christmas hours
Very friendly manager and staff, time goes quite slow. The pay is good.I typically spent most of my time in the stock room tagging clothes and sending rails to the shop floor and then a general tidy of the shop floor and working at tills if needed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not very busy
Its a great enviroment you learn so much and its alot of communication and engaging with customers which i love so this job suits me, my manager is fantastic always takes interest in you, the hardest part of the job is keeping the floor clean when it comes to closing time because we are lef on our own cause the store is small.
Pros
discounts
Cons
healthcare