Arcadia Group

Arcadia Group Employee Reviews

Ireland43 reviews
A typical day involved preparing the store for trade which included accepting deliveries of stock & merchandising these on the shop floor.
Working for the Arcadia group was both stressful & enjoyable. I worked with a great team who understood their roles in the team & worked hard to achieve sales goals & targets that were set. Working in the fashion industry was also very rewarding with staff perks such as discount on the latest clothes! I went from working full time to part time & the company were very accommodating.
Terrible Managment
Management is a joke. Was left to close shop on my second day with very little training. Manager always finding something wrong and is a bully. Did not stay long there because of this and neither are other staff members. Something needs to be done about management as there is a high staff turn over in this store.
Fun,Target focused and flexible hours
Worked in Burtons for 4 years,
Gained some valuable soft skills which will be useful in my future career,

Interpersonal skills

KPI focused

Friendly staff
Pros
Lunch are split an hour and a half
Cons
very repetitive
Really bad place to work
Manager of this section at this store is a bully.

A bully that needs to be fired. Horrible manager.

Pure evil and childish.

One thing I’ve learned,

Probably how to deal with bullies. And to control my anxiety more... Thanks to that management.

That’s about it.
Pros
Great other members of staff all around the stor
Cons
Manager
Terrible management
Didn't stay long, management is a joke, i was spoken to very rudely on multiple occasions. Desperately needs new management as i even witnessed the manager being very rude to multiple customers. Hours are very bad (4 hour daily shifts) and minimum wage. Overall felt very picked on and belittled, wouldnt recommend. Only positive was the other two lovely girls that were there.
Cons
Bad management
Didn’t stay too long.
Very poor management. I was being bullied. Practically pushed out door.
Definitely need to improve the manager at this store. A lot of people left soon after me and more are currently leaving.

One thing I’ve learned - stand up for yourself!
Productive and friendly environment
I learned how valuable customers are and how much the company relies on them and their own staff. The workplace culture was as you expected, it was also fun and enjoyable. Management were friendly, organised and productive.
Not for a career
Management in this store is very hard to work with. There were days when I dreaded going in even with such a great team to work with.
Expectations keep growing even though staff decreases and support lessens. As a part time job it's a good experience as retail will toughen you up!

It's also frowned upon to be ill. So don't get sick while you work here.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Intimidating Management. Excessive expectations that keep increasing. No payrise.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Arcadia Group?
Fun workplace
Working in Topshop/Topman Jervis is a fun experience.
Long days or nights working on your feet are made feel easier with the good unity of staff.

The store has been a home for me for 5 years, and I have never felt anything, but welcome.

Through the years I have learned so much about helping not only the customer in need, but also, the co-worker in their difficulties.

Most days are spent making sure the shop floor is available to reach all targets.
Pros
Working in the city centre.
Cons
Long days working on your feet. Working over the Christmas holidays.
Retail productive
As in retail, its a typical day at work. Customer service has to be 100%. Mostly enjoyable because of working with public. In all retail its target orientated and management has to set a good example
nie mam zastrzeżeń żadnych
nie mam zastrzeżeń ,jest to bardzo dobrze działająca firma na rynku europejskim
I loved my job I started off as a sales assistant at the age of 16 and just kept on top of my learning and development to get where I was.
We had a team of 20 staff, we always worked together as a team to get tasks done on time. We had great discount of 25%. We had training nights with pizza and sweets to make it a bit more fun whilst training. Christmas nights out were lovely to see everyone happy together having fun. We got deliveries 4 times a week it was always exciting seeing new stock coming in and having banter with customers.We had a lot of regular customers they were lovely.
Pros
Training was excellent/ discount 25%
Cons
No actual security man on site
Productive and effiecient
As a sales assistant, I have excellent experience with customer service and selling techniques. I worked against targets and KPI's, which help motivate myself and the team to achieve goals. I worked against incentives too, which would include personal targets and sale figures.

I wold approach every customer and ask if they needed any guidance with finding clothes or sizes. I would offer them my advice and create an outfit for them. I would always compliment customers. I am fully till trained, can do stock take, transfers, price changes, store accounting, sale launch and many more tasks.
Productive and fun workplace
Learned a lot about the fashion industry and trends.
Learned about stock take and stock loss.

Confidence increased from dealing with customers

Worked along side a motivated team who share similar interests within fashion.
Relaxed environment
Great place to work. Relaxed work environment. Great benefits and discounts. Lots of opportunities to advance into a higher position. Rewards for completing initiatives
Pros
Discounts across all Arcadia brands
Cons
Christmas hours
Very friendly and hardworking staff
Very friendly manager and staff, time goes quite slow. The pay is good.I typically spent most of my time in the stock room tagging clothes and sending rails to the shop floor and then a general tidy of the shop floor and working at tills if needed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not very busy
Topshop is a great place to work
Its a great enviroment you learn so much and its alot of communication and engaging with customers which i love so this job suits me, my manager is fantastic always takes interest in you, the hardest part of the job is keeping the floor clean when it comes to closing time because we are lef on our own cause the store is small.
Pros
discounts
Cons
healthcare
Fun workplace for young employees.
As a sales advisor daily duties would include: keeping standards of goods on shop floor, maintaining stock room, processing deliveries to be placed on shop floor, advise customers on products, providing exceptional customer service and providing alternatives to unavailable products.

Mainly young college students are employed so therefore the atmosphere and culture is fun. However, as a sales advisor the company only pays minimum wage.
Pros
25% normal discount, 60% uniform discount (limitations apply)
Cons
Minimum wage
Fun relaxed environment
Fast paced retail company, continuously changing, option to move across department, modular pogramme to help all levels of staff to grow and develop within the company. Fun environment and a diverse team of people.
Pros
excellent discount
Cons
shift work (although this is normal for retail)
Fun place to work and friendly environment
Working in Dorothy Perkins helped me to improve and develop new skills such as, interacting with people, merchandising and also my business skills with the paperwork. I developed a great liking towards the paperwork and business side of being a sales assistant. Working with the public improved my communication skills and helped me to deal with certain situations. I also discovered I work well under pressure especially on a Sunday as I worked alone and I also work well in a team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Didn't stay long..
I had a 9 hour contract so my work / life balance wasn't effected.

In-store management was very poor. A lot of staff members felt they were being pushed out / bullied. there was very poor communication between management and staff, very little direction given.

The job itself was easy, and the other team members were lovely, I just wish management had been stronger.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Poor management / bullying