Arcadia University

Arcadia University Employee Reviews

Employees are able to interact across departments, positions and with students on a regular basis. Employees collaborate on mission, vision, lived values and stewardship of the university. Opportunities for employees to be engaged in all aspects of the university community.
This place does not treat its employees fairly. In the 10 years I worked there, I barely got a raise and as an adjunct, always felt underneath the full time faculty. There’s an actual hallway with two sides: one is for full timers, the other for adjuncts. Most full timers are sanctimonious and condescending and won’t talk to adjuncts. I had no choice when it came to the material I taught and how much I taught. When I got severely ill, I was not rehired
Although everyone worked very hard there was also ample time allotted to employee appreciation. everyone was very kind and open-hearted, if you needed help they had no problem with lending a hand.
Arcadia University is where I went to school for five years. I also played baseball there as well. I enjoyed my time there and have met a lot of great people along the way.
I liked working there because I was surrounded by things that worked for my major when it comes to working in the English department. I helped assist students who needed guidance as well as learn new things that would benefit me in the future.
Good department, many of the people around the office were always willing to help when I had questions. Internship was unpaid but was needed for a school credit so it worked out.
Great boss and coworkers, and my department was a fun team. Benefits were amazing. We were on a raise freeze the entire time I was there. In my position, there wasn't much room for advancement.
I highly recommend for every student in Arcadia to try campus work study opportunity! It excellent chance to experience working in the office atmosphere, practice social and communicational skills. The workplace has great respect to the students with a very flexible schedule and warm atmosphere.
I loved working for the students. It was such a thrill seeing those young folks entering their didactic year, then clinical year then graduate. One of our graduates actually became my medical provider. I made many lasting friendships in my 15 years of working at Arcadia from faculty, staff and a few students. Arcadia had it's down falls but it also had it uplifts.
It was terrible doing the same things over and over again every time I was there for one of my internships. The last time I was there, I unintentionally had an outburst and I was dismissed from that internship shortly thereafter.
Different from many of the positions I have heard about on campus. We actually learned skills that would be transferable and were held to high standards of work like my supervisor.
Arcadia University offered flexible scheduling at kept in mind that the workers were students first. We were able to choose a professor to work under and gain experience working in a research facility beyond just classroom studies.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Not a lot of space for all the student workers
If you can avoid working for this organisation do so.
They are aimless. unwilling to change with the times and only employ and upskill racist asskissers. They will make promises regarding your future but will toss you out as soon as their multiple bad decisions catch up with them.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Insane hours, no overtime, no direction, cheap standards, unethical
Temporary, but loved working with the bright students there. I taught upper level classes and the students I had were enthusiastic and really seemed to care about the subject matter.
I was a resident assistant so my time with Arcadia stopped when I graduated. I loved most of the people and the environment was great. very open mined people. I wish the compensation was more because we all did a lot of work.
Pros
great staff, great environment
Cons
pay
I just worked there through work study. I didn't get to pick where I was placed, and I didn't feel like I was a good fit for the job I was placed in, but the waiting list for positions was so long so I just made it work. The other student workers, student supervisors, and managers were great and helped me learn to do the job as best as I could, but I found it pretty stressful doing a job I wasn't really well qualified for
Nice place to work. It makes it even better if you have a full-time job. Pay is good and stable. Great campus and co-workers. Management can be better.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
- student worker
- simple tasks

- normal pay per hour

- it is great because I live on campus so I don't have to travel far

- the jobs are nice to have extra money in your pocket
I learned more then Sports Information here. I understood higher education at a private institution and division 3 athletics. The student athletes made it worth it!
Many different jobs available from facilities to clerical to teaching. They offer medical, dental and tuition benefits. Great place if you want to go to school for cheap. Be prepared to be paid lower than the standard. If you're salaried, you will work long hours. If you're hourly, you will not be allowed to work over time and you'll have to squeeze everything in 7.5 hours. Sometimes you miss out on events because you are only allowed 30 minutes unpaid lunch.
Pros
tuition remission, good medical
Cons
no OT and low pay
The students I've worked with are unique, bright, capable and ambitious. I had an opportunity to develop close relationships with them and provide guidance on their educational and career journeys. It was rewarding and fulfilling work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low salary, unstable future, no career advancement or professional development for staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arcadia University. Our community is ready to answer.