Argos

Argos Employee Reviews

Ireland93 reviews

Found 93 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,420 reviews

great place to work

An enjoyable place to work, can be fast paced depending on the time of year. The job consists of working in the stockroom where you put away deliveries, pick orders etc and also being on the shop floor to help customers with their needs.

Good place to work for students

Very accommodating for students, great staff atmosphere. The pay is very good and increases each year you work there, and bonuses every Christmas, and double pay each bank holiday.

Loved my time with Argos . Spent 2 and a half years there and found it a great place to work. Great staff and team. Great atmosphere. Only left as needed full time.

Pros

Good pay, good management and team, good atmosphere. Great place to work

Cons

No full time

I would work there again

I was working part time so not sure if as good when you work full time . The job was interesting customer solving solution The on-site training was very poor but the online one was top professional.Pro: work life balance very good Managers really nice there & easy going Cons: only 23 hours per week & short contract I would have liked to work more hours & longer

Very good place to work, gained a lot of experience about stock control and warehouse procedures, processing transactions and customer behaviour and how to provide good customer service, really enjoyed working here

Pros

Very helpful and friendly staff, flexibility in working hours and good level of pay

Cons

Can be very quiet alot of the time and therefore boring, constant push on sales and stock targets such as insurance at tills, deliveries can be very inconsistent, massive one day and very small the next

Grand place to work for

Okay to work for only thing is only part time and not many hours available.Would like to see more full time contracts available, staff discount is a plus.Can be quiet at times only really busy at Christmas

I was fun driving to the country

I enjoyed working with them . Their payment was good, you can also have over time and also good money. I was driving truck doing home delivery. I don't mind working there. I can do any delivery just read to start.

Productive and Fun-Working place

Although I was only a seasonal worker and worked for 3 months it was the safest, most controlled and friendly environment I have ever worked in. Everyone is really supportive of one another and always has time to show you certain things if you cannot personally remember them. Everyone in Argos especially the management have been nothing but good from the time I was in there. I would highly recommend this job to anyone looking to ease themselves into the retail life. Albeit a pressuring stressful job, you have plenty of people around you to support and lend a hand if you’re overwhelmed.

Pros

Safe, kind working environment

Cons

Nothing.

Fast-paced with lovely staff

Enjoyed my time there as a temp. Management and coworkers were absolutely lovely can’t say a bad word about any of them. Lots of training given to ensure we’re the best we can be.

Competitive and reward environment

A typical shift for me varied in length between four and six hours. There was a culture of honestly and hard work. Overall, I found it to be a positive working environment.

Amazing staff, easy job but fair work

Loved my job, always something to do and amazing staff to work with felt so comfortable there. Hard to get the hang of everything at the start but then becomes natural

Pros

Good wages, good hours, amazing staff

Cons

This is a great place to work. The rate of pay is always above minimum and it continues to grow. The work itself varies from busy to slow paced and challenging to very easy to do. Once you understand the processes no job is too hard and the training is of a high standard. The only issue is that the contract means hours are highly variable.

Good job

Worked in argos for 5 years loads of opportunities to up skill. Decent pay but unsocialable working hours but that's retail. Mostly part time positions available.

ok

not a bad place to work, staff are friendly enough. money is poor and living wage is poor again for kids while studying , if want to gain experience its a good place, but to feed your family you'll starve

Loved it

It was a great place to work at. There are days where there wouldn’t be a lot of people in to buy things so you have to keep yourself busy. And then there will be days that it will be so busy that time will fly, I was a Christmas staff so I was able to see the peak days and then after Christmas I was also able to see how their regular days are like. Overall I really enjoyed my job and the staff where the friendly and so helpful. It made it coming to work really great

Great team of people loved the work involved

Working on the tills at Argos was very rewarding helping customers and working as a team with very friendly staff members who are always willing to give advice and directions.

No opportunity, senior management untrustworthy.

Many years loyal service with little to no reward, only chance of advancing is if you are willing to betray your colleagues and become a "yes man/woman"

Overall positive. Manager had no people skills

Overall my experience of working in argos was a positive experience. The only draw back at the time was the manager she was a bully to say the least. She did not have the ability or skills to deal with customers or staff. I would rate the company 6 out of 10

busy workplace

as christmas staff you were not treated as fair as long term staff. it was my first job so it thought me a lot with customer service etc.. the management was not communicating with the christmas staff as much so we never really new what our plan was for the day.

Pros

i was only christmas staff

Cons

i was only christmas staff

Excellent

Fantastic place to work, you work hard but also get recognition for it. You will learn a ton working here. There is always something new to learn and staff and management are brilliant.

Pros

Great for college students

Cons

Short hours

straight forward but very cheap

argos is a nice shop to work in as it is very straight forward my only disappointment is the pay and how it is run not giving employees sufficient time on break and do not look after employees very well due to keeping cost down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement