Argos Employee Reviews

Found 79 reviews matching the search See all 2,821 reviews
Excellent
Customer Service advisor (Current Employee) –  Kildare5 May 2019
Fantastic place to work, you work hard but also get recognition for it. You will learn a ton working here. There is always something new to learn and staff and management are brilliant.
Pros
Great for college students
Cons
Short hours
straight forward but very cheap
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick15 April 2019
argos is a nice shop to work in as it is very straight forward my only disappointment is the pay and how it is run not giving employees sufficient time on break and do not look after employees very well due to keeping cost down.
Super team driven environment
Delivery assistant (Former Employee) –  Kildare Ireland10 April 2019
The managers had a huge respect for the employees and that alone helped the team bond and become better. Any new employees were treated just the same as everyone else and taught really quickly how to run the shop. The hardest part of the job personally was how short the hours were, even on full time I would only get 4-5 hours a day which was less than ideal but I wished to help the company do well so I stayed.
Cons
short hours
Busy but enjoyable work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath7 December 2018
I worked in argos for the christmas period and enjoyed my work and fellow employees. I got good hours as parttime and if i needed time off I was looked after by the management
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Wasn't what was expected
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare25 October 2018
Management where always the bane of my time here sadly, even on my second day they started explaining how I had fell behind on targets even though I was still learning to use the tills, I was left alone alot in the early stages as a kind of sink or swim way of training but in reality it just puts you off, 6 months later I was still doing things wrong and management where constantly all over me be it for not doing anything (the store was empty and I had recently been out to clean it) or for not hard selling rpc which I had tried to be inventive with but I aren't going to force it down people's throats there comes a point you have to walk away. Had it not been for the terrible training and aggressive and unfair managers I think I would have enjoyed it alot more here.
Pros
The online rota, free coffee and tea
Cons
Management and training
Fun, friendly
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary15 September 2018
The management team have always been so helpful and friendly regarding learning and advancement within the company. Fast pace work environment during Christmas but always a helping hand offered.
Pros
Pay rise
Cons
Hours can be minimum
Good Expierence
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath6 September 2018
Recieved very good training for the job role. It was an enjoyable job but their work demands were too high. I was unable to commit to their hours due to my personal life. Overall it was an enjoyable job. All staff are very nice and friendly as well as management.
Very fun place to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork31 August 2018
Argos is a great place to work if you get a chance to. All staff are very nice and considerate and the management is amazing. You get to do a variety of jobs around the shop so you never get bored working here. I had a great time in argos and cant complain.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor advancement
Horrible management
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin27 August 2018
I worked in Argos for just under 2 months, within that time I was bullied and contradicted not only by staff but management. I was not paid for 5 weeks straight. A horrible experience working there to say the least.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard to please
fun workplace and friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Limerick8 July 2018
enjoyed every minute of it! I was trained right and allowed to take initiative. We were taught a lot, i really liked it. The staff were great and the management were even better
Fun place to work during school
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Swords Co. Dublin Ireland20 May 2018
Fun each job while still in school. There is nothing hard about working here, you need to have good customer. I worked with great people and enjoyed it a lot.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin3 May 2018
Learned great customer service skills.
Management are very friendly and accommodating.
Very friendly environment.
Diverse roles within the workplace.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Short hours
Great Work Colleagues, not the best managers
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare2 May 2018
I have worked in the business for almost 4 years. I have not had the opportunity to advance and do not get rewarded for hard work. The people that you work with are so nice that it makes you stay in the job but management is poor and unstable and hours and terrible.
Pros
Lovely Work Colleagues
Cons
Very short hours
Stock assistant
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 April 2018
I Had to be quick, accurate and organised. Interaction with other staff was very important as well as interaction with the public. Was fast paced work.
Cons
Complicated system
Active Workplace
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork24 January 2018
Whilst working in the stockroom I was always kept busy. The management were very friendly and helpful. If you enjoy being busy then I recommend this company.
Good temporary job
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow4 January 2018
Very good place for a temporary job, great staff and management willing to teach loads. very good for earning basic customer service experience and work as part of a team.
Very friendly staff
Customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Carlow22 August 2017
Loved working in argos and being part of a team I worked there temporarily for xmas staff for 5yrs friendly staff helpful treated me with respect and as part of a team
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Only cud use tills
Fun and Friendly Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin22 August 2017
Argos is a great place to work especially for students. The hours are average and you get extremely short lunch breaks, but the atmosphere is great. I always enjoyed going to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Argos
Customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Killarney, County Kerry21 August 2017
I Liked the job i liked the people different from what i was used to.
There was a monthly employee magazine was in it for selling insurance policy in the one month competition was good
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ireland15 August 2017
Working in argo was great for building confidence in customer service roles, as you are interacting with customers and staff all day, i found it a very friendly place to work, I especially enjoyed christmas time in Argos, as going that little bit extra to help a customer is really rewarding, i would recommend Argos as a place of employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argos. Our community is ready to answer.