Argos

Argos Employee Reviews

Ireland84 reviews
Competitive and reward environment
A typical shift for me varied in length between four and six hours. There was a culture of honestly and hard work. Overall, I found it to be a positive working environment.
Amazing staff, easy job but fair work
Loved my job, always something to do and amazing staff to work with felt so comfortable there. Hard to get the hang of everything at the start but then becomes natural
Pros
Good wages, good hours, amazing staff
Cons
This is a great place to work. The rate of pay is always above minimum and it continues to grow.
The work itself varies from busy to slow paced and challenging to very easy to do. Once you understand the processes no job is too hard and the training is of a high standard.

The only issue is that the contract means hours are highly variable.
Good job
Worked in argos for 5 years loads of opportunities to up skill. Decent pay but unsocialable working hours but that's retail. Mostly part time positions available.
ok
not a bad place to work, staff are friendly enough.

money is poor and living wage is poor

again for kids while studying ,

if want to gain experience its a good place, but to feed your family you'll starve
Loved it
It was a great place to work at.
There are days where there wouldn’t be a lot of people in to buy things so you have to keep yourself busy. And then there will be days that it will be so busy that time will fly, I was a Christmas staff so I was able to see the peak days and then after Christmas I was also able to see how their regular days are like. Overall I really enjoyed my job and the staff where the friendly and so helpful. It made it coming to work really great
Great team of people loved the work involved
Working on the tills at Argos was very rewarding helping customers and working as a team with very friendly staff members who are always willing to give advice and directions.
No opportunity, senior management untrustworthy.
Many years loyal service with little to no reward, only chance of advancing is if you are willing to betray your colleagues and become a "yes man/woman"
Overall positive. Manager had no people skills
Overall my experience of working in argos was a positive experience. The only draw back at the time was the manager she was a bully to say the least. She did not have the ability or skills to deal with customers or staff. I would rate the company 6 out of 10
busy workplace
as christmas staff you were not treated as fair as long term staff.
it was my first job so it thought me a lot with customer service etc..

the management was not communicating with the christmas staff as much so we never really new what our plan was for the day.
Pros
i was only christmas staff
Cons
i was only christmas staff
Excellent
Fantastic place to work, you work hard but also get recognition for it. You will learn a ton working here. There is always something new to learn and staff and management are brilliant.
Pros
Great for college students
Cons
Short hours
straight forward but very cheap
argos is a nice shop to work in as it is very straight forward my only disappointment is the pay and how it is run not giving employees sufficient time on break and do not look after employees very well due to keeping cost down.
Super team driven environment
The managers had a huge respect for the employees and that alone helped the team bond and become better. Any new employees were treated just the same as everyone else and taught really quickly how to run the shop. The hardest part of the job personally was how short the hours were, even on full time I would only get 4-5 hours a day which was less than ideal but I wished to help the company do well so I stayed.
Cons
short hours
Busy but enjoyable work
I worked in argos for the christmas period and enjoyed my work and fellow employees. I got good hours as parttime and if i needed time off I was looked after by the management
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Wasn't what was expected
Management where always the bane of my time here sadly, even on my second day they started explaining how I had fell behind on targets even though I was still learning to use the tills, I was left alone alot in the early stages as a kind of sink or swim way of training but in reality it just puts you off, 6 months later I was still doing things wrong and management where constantly all over me be it for not doing anything (the store was empty and I had recently been out to clean it) or for not hard selling rpc which I had tried to be inventive with but I aren't going to force it down people's throats there comes a point you have to walk away. Had it not been for the terrible training and aggressive and unfair managers I think I would have enjoyed it alot more here.
Pros
The online rota, free coffee and tea
Cons
Management and training
Fun, friendly
The management team have always been so helpful and friendly regarding learning and advancement within the company. Fast pace work environment during Christmas but always a helping hand offered.
Pros
Pay rise
Cons
Hours can be minimum
Good Expierence
Recieved very good training for the job role. It was an enjoyable job but their work demands were too high. I was unable to commit to their hours due to my personal life. Overall it was an enjoyable job. All staff are very nice and friendly as well as management.
Very fun place to work
Argos is a great place to work if you get a chance to. All staff are very nice and considerate and the management is amazing. You get to do a variety of jobs around the shop so you never get bored working here. I had a great time in argos and cant complain.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor advancement
Horrible management
I worked in Argos for just under 2 months, within that time I was bullied and contradicted not only by staff but management. I was not paid for 5 weeks straight. A horrible experience working there to say the least.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard to please
fun workplace and friendly
enjoyed every minute of it! I was trained right and allowed to take initiative. We were taught a lot, i really liked it. The staff were great and the management were even better
productive and fun workplace
Learned great customer service skills.
Management are very friendly and accommodating.

Very friendly environment.

Diverse roles within the workplace.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Short hours