Argos

Argos Management reviews

Enjoyed my time there as a temp. Management and coworkers were absolutely lovely can’t say a bad word about any of them. Lots of training given to ensure we’re the best we can be.
as christmas staff you were not treated as fair as long term staff. it was my first job so it thought me a lot with customer service etc.. the management was not communicating with the christmas staff as much so we never really new what our plan was for the day.
Pros
i was only christmas staff
Cons
i was only christmas staff
Fantastic place to work, you work hard but also get recognition for it. You will learn a ton working here. There is always something new to learn and staff and management are brilliant.
Pros
Great for college students
Cons
Short hours
I worked in argos for the christmas period and enjoyed my work and fellow employees. I got good hours as parttime and if i needed time off I was looked after by the management
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Management where always the bane of my time here sadly, even on my second day they started explaining how I had fell behind on targets even though I was still learning to use the tills, I was left alone alot in the early stages as a kind of sink or swim way of training but in reality it just puts you off, 6 months later I was still doing things wrong and management where constantly all over me be it for not doing anything (the store was empty and I had recently been out to clean it) or for not hard selling rpc which I had tried to be inventive with but I aren't going to force it down people's throats there comes a point you have to walk away. Had it not been for the terrible training and aggressive and unfair managers I think I would have enjoyed it alot more here.
Pros
The online rota, free coffee and tea
Cons
Management and training
The management team have always been so helpful and friendly regarding learning and advancement within the company. Fast pace work environment during Christmas but always a helping hand offered.
Pros
Pay rise
Cons
Hours can be minimum
Recieved very good training for the job role. It was an enjoyable job but their work demands were too high. I was unable to commit to their hours due to my personal life. Overall it was an enjoyable job. All staff are very nice and friendly as well as management.
Argos is a great place to work if you get a chance to. All staff are very nice and considerate and the management is amazing. You get to do a variety of jobs around the shop so you never get bored working here. I had a great time in argos and cant complain.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor advancement
I worked in Argos for just under 2 months, within that time I was bullied and contradicted not only by staff but management. I was not paid for 5 weeks straight. A horrible experience working there to say the least.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard to please
enjoyed every minute of it! I was trained right and allowed to take initiative. We were taught a lot, i really liked it. The staff were great and the management were even better
Learned great customer service skills. Management are very friendly and accommodating. Very friendly environment. Diverse roles within the workplace.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Short hours
I have worked in the business for almost 4 years. I have not had the opportunity to advance and do not get rewarded for hard work. The people that you work with are so nice that it makes you stay in the job but management is poor and unstable and hours and terrible.
Pros
Lovely Work Colleagues
Cons
Very short hours
Whilst working in the stockroom I was always kept busy. The management were very friendly and helpful. If you enjoy being busy then I recommend this company.
Very good place for a temporary job, great staff and management willing to teach loads. very good for earning basic customer service experience and work as part of a team.
Lovely business to work for. nice atmosphere and great training. staff all seem very happy in their job. Pay is grand & the hours are flexible. Management are nice
Worked at argos galway for a year. They would let you work 3 hours 45 mins in order to save money on paying us a 15 minute break. Got bullied. Called names. One of my final days here ended as i was told "sure we can replace you just as quick as you leave". Got barely any training in argos. The company is fine. Its just the management in galway that is the problem. Not a nice place to work.
Pros
Double pay bank holidays
Cons
Management are bullies.
Good environment for anybody to work in and also the management were very friendly and kind. Since in secondary school the hours were very flexible and also fair pay was included
Pros
Nice long lunch brakes
Cons
Good hours
Collecting orders for customers at sometimes a never-ending pace.(Xmas time) good support from management and colleagues were very helpful, especially to new staff.
Pros
Day went quick
Cons
tired feet
During my time at Argos I found that for the most part their management to be friendly and courteous . Argos was a great place to work. The only draw back was the 6 hour contract.
Started as one of the original crew in Athlone in 1997,great atmosphere and staff,management were ok .All staff were on fixed 15 hour contract which was a pain and very hard to live off
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fixed contracts
I got on well with all members of staff. I learned how to deal with customers in a polite and positive manner. The more experienced members of staff were very helpful, especially in the first few weeks of my employment, offering advice and helping me feel at ease in my new job. The management were great to work for and, like the rest of the staff, worked hard for the company.