Armada Hotel

Armada Hotel Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Staff and owners are great. fun and high paced work environment. Decent wages but you need to be willing to work hard and have initiative. weak management style can lead to lots of frustration.
Pros
staff meals and outings
Cons
inter-department co-operation is dismal.
I gained a lot of experience amongst children of all ages during my time in the Armada Hotel.The most enjoyable part of the job to me was meeting with new families and new children regularly.
This was a poor working environment. The local community is isolated and it can be depressing as its lonely if you don't have transport. Some of the managers are extremely bitter and cruel towards the employees
Pros
Nice view
Cons
working environment is really poor
i was intern at this work place, good experience of hotel culture and work culture.good team and nice place to learned. meeting new staff and good atmosphere
Typical day of work is on routine. Ive learned to deal with different kind of people and nationalities Management is good if only they have enough income so they dont need to do cost cutting and am the one of the affected. Im dealing with mostly same of my nationality so i dont find any issues and whatsoever. Hardest part of the job can be dealt easily. No pain no gain. Am enjoying giving my service to the guest especially when they appreciate it.
Pros
Frer foods
Cons
Fare ticket will not be given
Awesome place. A place you will always wanted to go back to spend sometime. People are so friendly and nice. It's a fun and cozy place. Kudos to the Management!
-typical day at work, when full of customer but not enough co-workers. -i learned pretty much about housekeeping skill responsibility. - management is the best -they are so funny - hardest part of the job is when facing a customer who's can't speak in english -its so enjoy when we are preparing for party, like christmas party at ball room..
Pros
free lunch, free house and free transport.
Everyday is a challenge and to perform in hotel and see people happy and enjoying the music we sing it was really priceless. I have learned that it is very important on how hospitality industry give the best in all times for a good quality service, understanding different kind of people or guests, make them happy, give them the best smile and satisfaction. The hardest part is how to be professional in your work even if you are sick or having problems. The most enjoyable part is you are working with dedication,you love your work and determination to reach your goal.
Pros
free buffet dinner
it was nice working with them and i gained so much experience. working with them was educative and challenging. what i like most is the flexibility of working hours
Pros
Cons
the hours are flexible
In January 2014, we are going to proceed with the power shut down program and I was working the night shift. After the process was completed at about five in the morning we tried to opened the system and it rebooted itself as it need some upgrading, so it took one week to resolve the problem. It was a new experience whereby all the jobs had to be done manually. Our heads of department were so understanding and helpful. We then built a stronger communication channel toward each department and our co-workers. The hardest part was manually dealing with payment but it was enjoyable for the most part.
Pros
Only one meal (lunch or dinner)
Cons
This occured when we are short handed
Utmost importance given to clean the bedrooms according to the hotel's standard of procedures. Attention to detail, team work, guest satisfaction are some of the aspect of the job.
A typical day at work included working on your own initiative, cleaning between 10 to 15 rooms within a specific time period. In this job role I learned the responsibilities of working on my own, motivating myself and the importance of paying excellent attention to detail. The hardest part of this job was having all the rooms ready for the customers by the required time.
  1. Employee reviews