Arnotts

Arnotts Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
I worked for a certain shoe concession that has lost many staff over the last few months including me. Management is shocking, very rude and act like anyone who isn’t a manger is under them. No place for progressing and generally treat their staff badly. While the people I worked with were lovely, the management made several people leave due to their rudeness and general behavior as they were not nice people. Ridiculous standards that were not attainable but it was always our fault regardless. Very glad to have left the place a while ago.
Pros
Discounts
Stressful but enjoyable
The objective of Arnotts is to exceed the expectations of our customers, as they perceive it as a luxury department store. In this case, Arnotts can be stressful and busy atmosphere, as our priorities are aimed to ensure the customers receive an excellent treatment in store, especially during the winter period. However, it has also been a pleasure experience to work for Arnotts - the staff members in each department are very willing and friendly & I enjoyed getting to know people along the way. The management team is very professional and the interview process is laid back, more on the conversational side than intimidating. The hardest part was the beginning, but once you've got the hang of it , it's not a bad road after all!
Great team
Very helpful and gives lots of opportunities to their intern students, as I gained a lot of knowledge on the vm industry outside of college the team are great
Interesting experience
Excellent first impression. Friendly, kind and knowledgeable manager. They do everything to put you at ease and support you. Very attentive to customer and employee satisfaction. I gladly recommend it as a work experience.
One of the best companies to work for in Dublin
Absolutely loved my time with Arnotts. The majority of the staff who work there were committed and enthusiastic about their jobs. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Management are very pleasant to deal with as well. I felt very supported in my role and really encouraged to do my best. Would recommend without a moment's hesitation.
Fun place to work
Fun place to work but very strict management. Enjoyed working here for two years, but very hard to get back into Arnotts once you have left. They do treat you very well, especially around Christmas time!
Only a Step
Arnotts used to be a good company to work for until it got taken over. Now it's all about profit and 'The customer is always right'. There is no acceptance of a work life balance.

Only a step during college for extra money, don't think of it as a career.
A real nice place to work where all the coworkers are nice and friendly.
Horrible place too work..
Horrible company too work for, rude managers,horrible stuck up staff,very sneeky, the arrnots manager's are not very welcoming.
The training was very poor, and the girls and manager rolled there eyes when you ask for help too find something.. your put under a lot of stress and pressure..they expect way to much.. and nobody says 'Thank you ' for the work you have done.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Just not a nice a nice job. Not nice people to be around
Careful what concession you choose
I worked for a concession in Arnotts and I loved working there at the start. However, I quickly learned of some the hostile work environment between some employees as well as snarkiness between managers and certain employees. There was no room for advancement as they refused to give raises to those who got pulled extra work/ responsibility. I didn’t realize the background politics would be as much of an issue as it was.
Pros
Work/School/Life Balance & Discounts
Cons
Managers, no room for advancement, atomsphere
exciting and pleasant
good atmosphere and friendly staff. Worked there over christmas and recieved good benefits( free snacks in canteen).
All staff and management were helpful and the training received was good prior to starting working there
Productive and friendly work environment
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working in Arnotts.The working environment was fantastic and the team were great to work with. The most down to earth/friendly work environment I have yet worked in.
Great job bad management
The tasks and duties were fun and enjoyable but every day the roster would change, if you were scheduled for 9-6:30 you would have to stay until 8 pm and then at 8pm you would be asked to stay until 10pm, very disorganised management there was very minimal training most staff were trained by asking other members of staff for help and there always seemed to be too many or too little staff which could be frustrating. I was offered a 20 hour contract which I was happy with but with the ever changing roster some weeks I would work upto 50 hours which meant I had no home or social life. Over all the pay was very good and payroll staff were efficient but management was not hands on at all.
Pros
Free lunch, Central location, Enjoyable tasks
Cons
Long hours, No notice of roster changes, no work/home balance, proper training was not given
High staff turnover
Very high staff turnover in the Arnotts marketing department made working there very difficult.No continuity so any planning was difficult.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours, events
friendly staff
a nice place to work but at the time i had Christmas exams which they were not very lenient for hours

i had previously said that i had christmas exams coming up after christmas but i was put in for full time hours which did not give me a lot of time to study
Pros
two breaks
Cons
long hours not understanding
Not a good work environment
I have worked for a concession in arnotts for a year now, and in the beginning I loved the work but since the change of ownership it has become a negative place to work. There are constant floor walks from store managers and they nit pit about everything. If figures are down and we are not on target we get given out to however if we are over target and having a great day nothing is said to us. They also have very strict rules on what you can wear and to look presentable; girls have to wear makeup ect.. Work conditions are horrible, we used to have fans by our till because there was no internal ac working in my section however the CEO did not like this look and took them away. This resulted in a lot of us staff being very unhappy because it was far too warm and we had to keep running up and down stairs to go to the stockroom. In our stock room there was also pipes that ran through that sometimes leaked a horrible smell but nothing has ever been done about it. I loved all the staff I worked with and in that sense it was a great work environment. My favourite part of the day was when management left and we had a hour or so left in the store before the shop closed and there was a more relaxed atmosphere.The work itself was tiresome and the pay wasn't great but that's retail!
Pros
The Staff Discount
Cons
Horrible store managers, intimidating work environment
Great Workplace
Workplace very nice , very competent and fair boss. in general it is a great place to work.
Good working conditions and reasonable wages.
Fast paced work, busy days, demanding work.
Opening and closing tills, handling cash on a daily basis, how to deal with customers in a professional manner, demanding work at times, undertaking tasks not in job description but completing with ease. Fantastic group of people to work with, considered as a family working together for so many years.
Pros
Good team to work with, strong work ethic.
Cons
Limiting work hours due to company decisions.
good
customer care very important .i enjoyed the atmosphere working in arnotts.learned how to deal with co workers and management in a polite way .hardest part off job was trying to get targets during quiet periods. love ladies fashion so found job very enjoyable.
Pros
staff canteen
Core retailing in a contemporary environment
A great place to work where old fashion values such as quality and value together with superior customer service were nurtured throughout the organisation.
My colleagues were committed and dedicated leading to a productive but enjoyable work place environment.
doing what you love every day
getting fitters rotas
contacting customers re. times and dates.

break and lunch times

quality control

advice to sales staff

dealing with complaints
Pros
great job satisfaction
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arnotts. Our community is ready to answer.
Arnotts Reviews by Location