Arvato

Arvato Management reviews

Ireland75 reviews
Pay to focus your attention in the details.
Repetitive tasks after 3 months. A lot of Ctrl C and Ctrl V. Skill set needed only useful in the position, not transferable to another company.

Good offices facilities.

They implemented a reorganization at the system level (supporting working tools) without considering the real working process of the Teams. Effects: A lot of manual workarounds and waste of time and errors.

Extra working hours without proper compensation. Just take days off without notice. Only thinking in the business and not in the people.

It can be an option to start your career.

Management respect multicultural environment.
I recommend to watch the movie Matrix when they discover that humans are just producers connected to a machine because that is the best explanation of a work day at arvato.
As an example I had to press a button in my phone to show that I was going to the toilet I also remember my manager telling me that I had 30 minutes lunch with 30 seconds notice.
Pros
It's a job a you get a salary at the end of the month. If you have no option go for it
Cons
Too stressful, You are a resource not a human, There is no way to meet the targets
Unfortunately, it's one of the only ways for people living abroad to start an office career in Ireland. It's modern age slavery with a lot of racism and other elements to get you depressed or anxious. If you protect yourself from all this hard stuff you will survive and worth it because you can get a very nice job with the experience you had in Arvato.
Supervisors don't have the knowledge to hire the right people so you would suffer greatly everyday.
Previous agents' poor performance is somehow your fault.

And because supervisors aren't educated and don't know what they are doing, you would find it hard to communicate with your colleagues as they speak terrible English...

Also you would feel peer pressure attending meaningless events and give donations every time someone has their birthday or quits their job.

Forced events and donations are only for supervisors' satisfaction.

These should be optional, not mandatory but they don't realise how people secretly dislike it.

There are loads of gossipers who mind other people's business all the time as well.

I'm only here to pay the bills.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Goede werknemer met mooie doorgroeimogelijkheden. Competent management en goede werk-privébalans.
Depend on the project, very poor management, people do not feel comfortable because even a simple 'good morning' is hard to listen from managers and team leaders, is just about numbers and targets.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
No benefits, poor management
If you Want a easy job with Nice management, Arvato is the right place. Unfortunately the salary is the worst comparing same job in dublin. 9h per day (30 minutes more than usual) and weekends.
Worked with some really great people in Arvato. Very friendly and welcoming. Management were totally open to new ideas and approaches. Learnt a lot about the industry.
Pros
Great Canteen
Good place to start career when you are young energetic person.
Overall low salary if you compare them to the pressure and responsibilities. Nobody care about you and what you got to say, Your ideas are not being implemented
Pros
salary on time, snacks
Cons
management, pressure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Arvato?
Arvato is a great company to start your career. You have the chance to learn how to perform a wide range of different projects, and you can work very close to some of the biggest tech companies in Dublin. Managers are young, nice, and friendly. The average age of employees is around 28 years old. Unfortunately the career possibilities are very limited, the turnover is big, and the salaries are definitely not the highest in Dublin. But if you're motivated to get into the digital world, and work in customer-care or digital marketing, then Arvato is a good company, KPIs are more than manageable, and they support you through your learning process.
Pros
Support from management, good work-life balance.
Cons
Little career progress.
Good place to start work in the office.
Friendly management.
Day at work very long since you need to spend 9 hours.

Hardest part depend of the project.
No room for growth or progress, management structure is awful, fully functioning revolving door policy and culture to confirm this from the top down, salary is terrible.
Pros
Cons
Management is aggressive. No incentives to grow. Manufactured work ethic. Awefull poor salary
i enjoyed working with Arvato, the work was challenging and I had strong support from my senior managers. Arvato have a wider team in Project Management, Transformation and Innovation who are always happy to offer advice and expertise.
I found Arvato to be a very professional company who presented opportunities to those who worked for them
Pros
canteen, people, managers
Cons
Location in Eastpoint
Arvato is a good place to start. And gain experience.
Its a fun environment with the team I have worked but I can't say the same thing about the management or the support we get.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the social gatherings and getting to know my team mates more.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Have to pay for everything (Food/drinks)
It was a really nice job based on checking the contracts of customers in general. The hardest part was sent the contracts to the customer, checking labels, envelopes, etc. I really enjoyed the workplace culture, with people from different countries sharing their cultures. About the management, I think the lack of support and leadership were the hardest part for me. But on the other hand, I learned to work in SAP and I expanded my knowledge in Dynamics CRM.
Pros
the Canteen, location
Cons
lack of leadership and support
The people I worked with were the best part of the job. The salary was very low for the amount of work done (calls taken and made) and for the hassle and arguments with customers that arise on a regular basis.
There was zero communication between departments at all, often times receiving calls that had been transferred directly from another department with no warm transfer, leaving the customer to frustration as they would have to explain their situation over and over again. Also with many outbound calls for outstanding bills were a result of an account not being cancelled properly or there being an on-going issue with the service or the customer's package being changed or not being fully explained upon purchase resulting in the customer's refusal to pay.

Luckily, as my 6 month contract was ending they had implemented new training for the staff to help them cover a lot more things that previous staff had to learn by experiencing them.

Over-all, management was good, Team leaders were always helpful. Upper management was never seen.
The salary involved was below the living wage and not a motivator for the job at all.
Pros
subsidised canteen
Cons
Low salary for the position and issues involved
Without a doubt the worst place I have ever worked!
Management are a disgrace
People were been let go constantly and told there is no security in the position
Pros
there are none
Cons
Poor management, terrible salary, Poor business practice
A great Place to work
Excellent onsite training provided

Clear path for employees devolpment

New challenges daily

Very diverse and multicultural

Management really care about staff
Pros
Free snacks and great employee assistance
Cons
Overtime every month end and also first week of each month.
No flexibility on holidays in busy periods which occur - at least - during the first and last weeks of every month.

Very bad management - no people skills from many managers and operation leaders while dealing with employees. No problem solving abilities shown while I was working here. Many times, employees have raised issues/concerns but it seems that every month/quarter end they are still there.
Employees who have find other positions within the company are often - in the considered busy periods - call over to their previous teams. No career progression or benefits are reflected for those who work the extra mile.
The management is arvato's biggest problem as well as the lack of opportunities to progress. In arvato you are a number, not a person. I would not recommend working there.
It was a good school for starting in the business/operations professional field, however it should get better in a lot of aspects. Too much hard work not recognized by the management. However, it is a good place to learn how a multinational company works and to get the best of experience.
Pros
cheap lunch, free food when working more than 10 hours, very nice people, multicultural
Cons
Overtime, not allow to get holidays at the end of every month, internal professional opportunities hard to get