Ashford Castle Hotel Employee Reviews

Très intéressant
Chef Breakfast (Former Employee) –  Galway6 November 2019
Magnifique château très busy, rencontres très riches et nombreuses. Travail important, et de qualité.
nice work place but money far too poor
receptionist (Current Employee) –  reception17 April 2019
love working here just the salary does not meet the cost off living. it is fine if you are someone who wishes to live in staff accomadation and have the perks off that but for people supporting families it is not enough
Amazing
Commis Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Cong, County Mayo21 June 2018
Absolutely amazing place to work. each and every person there is extremely kind and genuine. the learning gained from there is next to none. the only downside to the establishment is its location, extremely rural with not much going on around it.
its good place to grow
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Cong, County Mayo16 May 2018
Its good place to get experience and you can change position to grow up. The managers always gonna be help to you if you wont to try to check your knowledge in other position.
Work hard and you will have all the opportunities
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mayo Abbey, County Mayo9 April 2017
Excellent employer which is eager to develop its employees to the highest standards.
Worth working for employer outside Dublin in order to advance anyones career.
Beautiful surroundings
Spa Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cong, County Mayo27 February 2017
I have moved to Ireland to work with this company and realized that the high expectations I had are not being filled.

I like to live in Ireland and want to work in another environment and be happy in here.
Pros
Beautiful Spa
Cons
low salary and small village
like a family that can and will do anything for you
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Cong, County Mayo27 January 2017
i personally couldn't say anything bad about my experience working with Ashford Castle or the Red Carnation group. the management are your friends while still conducting them selfs to the highest level expected of them, and the people in the kitchen, and front of house are like your best friends, and at every chance they all try and keep the atmosphere professional and calm but with jokes and funny moments galore as always will be in life. bacicaly what in trying to say is they are like a family and they dont even try to hard every one was easy to get along with and always there if you had a rough service or bad day
Ok place to work
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cong, County Mayo18 October 2016
Great people to work for. Terrible HR department.Terrible canteen food. Rotas are not given in a timely fashion and hard to get holidays and days off.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
Low Pay
Hotel super lujo irlanda
Jefe de rango, dept.de sala (Former Employee) –  Galway6 May 2016
De los mejores trabajos que he tenido
Gerencia impecable
Direccion muy seria
Salario muy acorde con el trabajo a realizar
Buenos horarios
Muy buen equipo. Gran gestion de personal en el hotel
Pros
Todo impecable
Cons
No hay contras
Prefessional & Motivating
Assistant Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Mayo, Ireland14 July 2015
Start at 8am, Daily Sales PDQ Rec and Cash Rec. Check Bank for payment and do Daily Bank Rec (so month end isn't as long). Create PO's for HOD's, post any Invoices that need to be posted. If its month end I would intergrat the Revenue on Great Plains, post stats and Segiments, post the stock movement in each department. Work out the Gross profit for each department.

Every Wednesday I would prepare a forecast of the up and comming revenue and the prodicated Wages. At our weekly HOD meeting we would review this and see if we need to pull back on rostered staff.

I would also be working on my P&L and Balance Sheet through the month, so to avoid a large volume of work at month end.
Pros
Free Lunches, free parking, Allowance for Accommodation, Health Insuarance & Pension
Cons
Long Hours at month End (to be expected with Accounts)