Ashford Castle Hotel Employee Review

View all Ashford Castle Hotel reviews

Prefessional & Motivating
Assistant Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Mayo, Ireland14 July 2015
Start at 8am, Daily Sales PDQ Rec and Cash Rec. Check Bank for payment and do Daily Bank Rec (so month end isn't as long). Create PO's for HOD's, post any Invoices that need to be posted. If its month end I would intergrat the Revenue on Great Plains, post stats and Segiments, post the stock movement in each department. Work out the Gross profit for each department.

Every Wednesday I would prepare a forecast of the up and comming revenue and the prodicated Wages. At our weekly HOD meeting we would review this and see if we need to pull back on rostered staff.

I would also be working on my P&L and Balance Sheet through the month, so to avoid a large volume of work at month end.
Pros
Free Lunches, free parking, Allowance for Accommodation, Health Insuarance & Pension
Cons
Long Hours at month End (to be expected with Accounts)

Other Ashford Castle Hotel Employee Reviews

Social but terrible
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cong, County Mayo20 November 2019
Got paid terribly for the work you put in. It was really social, the teams are fun but the management is rude and think they're above everyone else. Everyone you work with, you live with and socialise with.
Très intéressant
Chef Breakfast (Former Employee) –  Galway6 November 2019
Magnifique château très busy, rencontres très riches et nombreuses. Travail important, et de qualité.