Aviva Stadium

Aviva Stadium Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Waitress - at events (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 January 2020
The place it's really organized, easy to come, clean and they have uniforms. The colleagues are friendly and the managers too.I really enjoy work there.
Pros
Easy to come
Cons
I don't have any cons
productive very fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 December 2019
my review of this job is that it is very fast paced but a very good job you work when events are on such as football matches which is a good bonus its very easy access to get into the aviva lots of transport such as a bus or train the staff are very friendly and very efficent the managment are good and always there to help overall very good experince
Productive work place
waitress (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 October 2019
I found it to be an excellent place to work and an excellent experience. I did, however, find the hours to be very long and had little in terms of a break
okay
waiter/ caterer/ sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 September 2019
the hours wore a joke you wore given a start time but no finish one.
the managers never interacted with staff they wore just useless.
I wouldn't advise anyone to work here
Seasonal work @ Aviva.
Cashier/Steward (Former Employee) –  Everywhere18 July 2019
You are 1 cheerio among 500 cheerios. Seasonal work here meaning 0 hour contracts, a shift could be from 5 to 10 hours depending on what you're working, where you're working and who you're working under.
There are many units in Aviva commonly supervised by people who lack the experience to supervise.
Lunches are €2.50 out of the paycheck.
If there is either 10 euro missing from one till in one unit, the whole unit is subjected to search and check meaning anywhere from 4 to 10 staff are checked.
Cons
0 Hour contracts, lunch is €2.50 out of paycheck, unstable workforce, new people all the time and inexperienced supervisors.
Fun workplace
Bar Staff & Plate Serving (Former Employee) –  Hospitality16 July 2019
Very enjoyable place to work. Amazing staff and management but just not enough hours. It was great as there was always a great atmosphere during working there for the day. It would have been an amazing job if there were more oportunities to do more hours in the stadium
Pros
Great fun job
Cons
not enough hours
Not a great crowd to work for.
Event staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 July 2019
Team leaders and Management were both a nightmare to work with. Would ask you to carry out a task and when it was completed you were told you done it wrong, even when you followed their direct orders.
Productive an fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 June 2019
Great for students an people looking to start off work grwat experience get moved around alot so you get to learn new skills an the staff is lovely also get to see concerts an matches while working
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours means more social life
Stressful but organised work place.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 June 2019
I gained a lot of experience working with Drinks2u. I was working in a very stressful environment with constant queues of people to be served. It was vital to work as part of a team and to communicate both with customers and with each other in order to be as efficient as possible.
Overall I enjoyed my time working here and am often asked to work at events such as concerts and rugby matches when they know that there will be large crowds.
Great team, no guaranteed shifts
Cashier, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 May 2019
My typical day at work would include working on the tills on any of the numerous kiosks and bars in the stadium, the team leaders and management team were a great group of people who would always be around to help with any issues had while working your shift.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in, free/discount lunches
Cons
Job security, no guaranteed hours
Fun to work for, but unorganised and inconsistent
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2019
Overall a good second job to have on the side. Jobs can be accepted or refused, but be prepared for when you accept a job, no one really tell you what to do or where to go. You'll eventually find where you're supposed to be working, it's a fun and fast paced job. But at the end of your shift you have to close your til and sort out your cash intake - again not much help given here. But if you've a decent head on your shoulders you'll be fine.
fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2019
When I first started working in the Aviva Stadium I didnt know what it was going to be like to work in a stadium with a capacity of over 50,000 people. On my first day I received a warm welcome from my team leader and I was shown how to do everything I would need to do throughout the day. When I progressed and became a team leader myself I was shown how to do everything at that level as well from paperwork to stock checks.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
hours can sometimes be long but are very rarely
Well Trained Staff and Flexible Hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 March 2019
- Learned how to manage a cash register during busy match
days/concerts.
- Learned how to deal with customers during high pressure situations (half-time)
- Flexible work hours. Easy to manage with school/college.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Well Trained
Cons
Long time between shifts
Enjoyable workplace
HOSPITALITY HOST (Current Employee) –  Dublin ireland17 March 2019
Enjoyable workplace. Have had great experience working in the Aviva Stadium meeting new people and seeing the stadium run from a different point of view
Pros
Uniform provided
FAI STEWARD (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 January 2019
Great Atmosphere
Always enjoyed working there
Got to meet lots of new people
Always got to pick what soccer games we wanted to do
Met lots of people from all over the world
Pros
Great fun
Cons
Very long days
not many hours or good pay
Bartender (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin11 January 2019
I didn't get enough hours as it was every few weeks.The staff were friendly and helpful. I would have enjoyed more hours. the pay wasn't good and was monthly pay which didn't suit me.
Pros
lunch and people were nice
Cons
pay
easy work
Customer Sales/Service (Current Employee) –  Dublin, IE10 December 2018
handy place to work with lots of people to meet and flexible working dates. every day working there is quite different and you get to watch some games and concerts
Good , nice people
Retail assistance (Current Employee) –  Ballsbridge, County Dublin20 November 2018
The people at aviva are really nice and fun ,its also a fast working environment that I enjoy. Because theres everyone moving . You also got to pick the days you wanna work.
Pros
Good people and manager
Cons
Always on your feet
fun and enjoyable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 November 2018
great place to work staff make you feel welcome and all managers set out what tasks are required on match days, plan ahead so not streesed going into work on the day
Pros
free lunch
Fun job
Steward Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 October 2018
Enjoyable company to work for, lots of fun aspects to the job. Every event is different to the next. Lots positives to take. Only bad thing is there are not enough days.
Pros
Lunch + good pay
Cons
Not enough days