Aviva Stadium
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Aviva Stadium Employee Reviews

Ireland73 reviews
The General Assistant role is well suited for people who are in college and have several hobbies they do in their spare time. You can work whenever you wish as it is on a casual basis. However, if you state that you are available and you don't show, it will result in a strike and if you receive 3 strikes you are made redundant from the job.

The role is a fast-paced job which you have to be alert and responsive to customer needs and to your team-leaders' requests. Overall its a great starting job for secondary school and college students as you'll gain experience and get immersed in all aspects of the hospitality sector.
Pros
Chance to progress and develop as a person
Cons
Alot of food wastage after events that isn't given to the workers or homeless
It’s a handy job as the time flies by as you are constantly busy. Most of the staff are nice and helpful. The wages are low for the amount of work that is done.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Hard to get to
I really enjoyed working here. The management was very flexible with my availability to work. I made great friends here that I am still in contact with and it developed many of my skills
Good place to work. The staff were great people. I especially loved how there was a lot of diversity in the staff. Most of the managers and team leader were very helpful
I enjoyed working there it was stressful and sometimes supervisors slacked off making new employees extra stressed about working in a new and huge environment.
low wage for under 18. only fun because of people you meet. some managers are really mean. they dont like to listen to employees much. quick tempers and poor lunch system
Ótima empresa para trabalhar, tendo em vista que ela valoriza os funcionários, paga em bem e em dia. Logo, o custo de vida em Dublin é condizente com o salário pago pela empresa possibilitando uma vida flexível entre estudo, trabalho e lazer.
If you have a chance to work as a steward, take it. You stand in the doors all day, watch the matches, have banter with fans and all getting paid for it the only downside is once people start coming in, your in your feet no matter what.
Good and lovely people. I loved my experience there. They have really nice managers and they all are interested about their staffs. I recommend this place.
i was very happy with the time i spent working at the aviva stadium as it really helped me find my footing in dealing appropriately with customers and making good quality food and serving drink i would highly reccomend taking up this line of work .
Pros
free lunches, freindly people
The place it's really organized, easy to come, clean and they have uniforms. The colleagues are friendly and the managers too.I really enjoy work there.
Pros
Easy to come
Cons
I don't have any cons
my review of this job is that it is very fast paced but a very good job you work when events are on such as football matches which is a good bonus its very easy access to get into the aviva lots of transport such as a bus or train the staff are very friendly and very efficent the managment are good and always there to help overall very good experince
Aviva Stadium is one of the most visitor friendly stadiums I have visited. Staff are all very keen to help, and are very friendly. Its a great stadium, great atmosphere. Fantastic array of food/drink.Worth catching a game if you're in the city!
I found it to be an excellent place to work and an excellent experience. I did, however, find the hours to be very long and had little in terms of a break
the hours wore a joke you wore given a start time but no finish one.
the managers never interacted with staff they wore just useless.

I wouldn't advise anyone to work here
You are 1 cheerio among 500 cheerios. Seasonal work here meaning 0 hour contracts, a shift could be from 5 to 10 hours depending on what you're working, where you're working and who you're working under.
There are many units in Aviva commonly supervised by people who lack the experience to supervise.

Lunches are €2.50 out of the paycheck.

If there is either 10 euro missing from one till in one unit, the whole unit is subjected to search and check meaning anywhere from 4 to 10 staff are checked.
Cons
0 Hour contracts, lunch is €2.50 out of paycheck, unstable workforce, new people all the time and inexperienced supervisors.
Very enjoyable place to work. Amazing staff and management but just not enough hours. It was great as there was always a great atmosphere during working there for the day. It would have been an amazing job if there were more oportunities to do more hours in the stadium
Pros
Great fun job
Cons
not enough hours
Team leaders and Management were both a nightmare to work with. Would ask you to carry out a task and when it was completed you were told you done it wrong, even when you followed their direct orders.
Great for students an people looking to start off work grwat experience get moved around alot so you get to learn new skills an the staff is lovely also get to see concerts an matches while working
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours means more social life
I gained a lot of experience working with Drinks2u. I was working in a very stressful environment with constant queues of people to be served. It was vital to work as part of a team and to communicate both with customers and with each other in order to be as efficient as possible.
Overall I enjoyed my time working here and am often asked to work at events such as concerts and rugby matches when they know that there will be large crowds.
My typical day at work would include working on the tills on any of the numerous kiosks and bars in the stadium, the team leaders and management team were a great group of people who would always be around to help with any issues had while working your shift.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in, free/discount lunches
Cons
Job security, no guaranteed hours