Aviva Stadium

Aviva Stadium Employee Reviews for Steward

I really enjoyed working here. The management was very flexible with my availability to work. I made great friends here that I am still in contact with and it developed many of my skills
If you have a chance to work as a steward, take it. You stand in the doors all day, watch the matches, have banter with fans and all getting paid for it the only downside is once people start coming in, your in your feet no matter what.
You are 1 cheerio among 500 cheerios. Seasonal work here meaning 0 hour contracts, a shift could be from 5 to 10 hours depending on what you're working, where you're working and who you're working under. There are many units in Aviva commonly supervised by people who lack the experience to supervise. Lunches are €2.50 out of the paycheck. If there is either 10 euro missing from one till in one unit, the whole unit is subjected to search and check meaning anywhere from 4 to 10 staff are checked.
Cons
0 Hour contracts, lunch is €2.50 out of paycheck, unstable workforce, new people all the time and inexperienced supervisors.
Great Atmosphere Always enjoyed working there Got to meet lots of new people Always got to pick what soccer games we wanted to do Met lots of people from all over the world
Pros
Great fun
Cons
Very long days
Enjoyable company to work for, lots of fun aspects to the job. Every event is different to the next. Lots positives to take. Only bad thing is there are not enough days.
Pros
Lunch + good pay
Cons
Not enough days
Great job, as I work inside the stadium so it's best job in Ireland on match days !! There is a good atmosphere from the supervisors, they encourage us to have a bit of banter with the fans and concert goers etc The stadium is very well organised, very professional.
Pros
Good supervisor and I get to see the matches free !!
Cons
It's fine, no down side.
Work is often once a month or maybe every two months. Working at Aviva as allowed me to understand teamwork every well and aloud me to become a team leader if needed.
I've learnt a lot since i started working in the Aviva. my people skills has improved a lot. the Aviva is a great place to work, everyone is so nice and friendly.
Firstly you check in and get your work jacket or high vis ( depending on the weather) Then there is a brief meeting, where key information is relayed ie fraudulent tickets circulating and their markers Once assigned your area, you and the group your in will have another meeting specifically about the area you will be working
Pros
Get to watch games in the stadium and free lunch
Cons
Limited work
I started this job while I was attending college. At the time it was a good idea as i could balance work, college and still have time for myself. Only bad thing is that it doesn't pay much got each event, which is bad as i needed to pay for transport etc.
Pros
people are more laid back and cheerful
Aviva provides a comfortable environment and helps all staff feel welcome. My time spent here helped to improve my social skills when dealing with the public.
Good pay, great place if you enjoy helping and meeting people from a variety places and has a good work place environment. The work is great as you get to experience the stadium atmosphere while at work.
Typical day at work involves taking car park passes off patrons coming to park in the car park at the Aviva Stadium and assisting patrons in the car park who require assistance getting to and from their car also to and from the stadium. Whilst working here I have learned very valuable skills such as how to assist a member of the public or a patron at the stadium as best as I can to my ability. Very friendly management. My co-workers are all very friendly people who make working at the Aviva Stadium a joy. The hardest part of the job is the very long hours when working a double which can be anything from 6-18 hours long all whilst standing on your feet the whole day. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to go in and watch the games or concerts.
Pros
Free lucnches for the Rugby games
Cons
Long hours when working a double
Show up for match day get jackets and get assigned to a location. Open the door for people and make sure they didn't enter the seat location with glass. Hardest part of the job is that you have no breaks, Enjoyable part was being able to watch the games from great locations
Working in the Aviva was a great experience as I got to enjoy going to football Games and concerts.
Pros
free lunches, Got to enjoy the games after our jobs were completed
Cons
long hours that I would need to get taxi home as the bus times are up
Worked for Assistant Chief Steward Pat Flynn, and Chief Steward Larry McGrath, both great mentors and bosses. Got to meet a lot of people, including the future President, Enda Kenney. Was quickly promoted to Supervisor on VIP turnstiles.
Pros
Get to listen to the games, got to see the Haka in person
Cons
Not One!!