Aviva

Aviva Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,112 reviews
Don't work in Aviva Cork
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Cork14 December 2019
Culture of bullying - do not work in Aviva Cork. Huge workload, need to refer everything and terrible salary. Really do not under any circumstances work for Aviva Cork
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 April 2019
Team is great to work with, everyone is easy to get on with. Management approachable and consistent support from them and the team. Pay decent but opertunities to earn more depending on performance. After you complete probation would be easy to move within the company
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Galway7 May 2018
Enjoyed working here friendly staff. Hours long not enough pay for the work that has to be done here, customers can be very difficult other than that it was fine
Do not enjoy. I feel exploited
Outbound Agent (Former Employee) –  Galway23 February 2018
Do not like working here, you sign a contract that basically signs your life over. They manipulate you into doing your job and your managers because the whole place is understaffed and underpaid. The wages are shocking and you can never book your holidays as only 2 people are allowed off a day out of a team of 25. Everything they do is to squeeze every ounce of life out of you. They claim to care a lot about their employees. All their care about is making as much money as possible. I make them thousands of euros a week and I get paid less than a living wage. I can barely even afford rent. If you can find absolutely anything better than this dump, take it.
Pros
Flexi time. 25 holiday days a year.
Cons
Poor pay, poor management.
Favorite place to work!
Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Galway5 January 2018
A typical day at Aviva is taking calls, processing information, dealing with customers, and making decisions. It's a fun office to work in. Everyone is really friendly and supportive. We really try to help our customers and we make decisions as fairly as possible. There seems to be a lot of room to grow and they paid for me to get qualifications. Sometimes the job is really draining because you'll be dealing with very stressful situations and you may have to make some tough calls but we're encouraged to take our time and to seek support when we need it.
Pros
Flexi time, colleagues, training, support network
Cons
Pay
Productive and Fun Workplace
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 August 2017
Great place to work and fun environment. People were friendly we worked in teams. I learned about software testing techniques and also management were approachable. I loved the company and also the staff members at the workplace.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Pourer (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 February 2017
The hardest part of the job would probably be when half time kicks in as there is a rush of people wanting to get food, so everything has to be done quick and efficiently so the queue can flow.
Professional and friendly
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 January 2017
Great culture and professional management
Very interesting projects

The company promoted agile in a positive way which made delivery of the projects quick and efficient
Pros
Allowed work from home occasionally
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin City Centre24 September 2016
Enjoyed many great years working in Aviva doing various roles, as business development manager I worked on the bancassurance side of the business working with the financial planning managers in AIB. The distribution and sales manager was a great mentor.
Pros
Flexibility
Unenjoyable and low rewarding
Cash Register Attendant, Food prep and porter (Former Employee) –  Kiosks13 September 2016
The work conditions are very intense, non stop work in horrible heat, supervisors are mean, pay was laughable for the workload.
No Comment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 May 2016
No comment. I don't think it is proper to comment about a company once you have left their employment but I enjoyed most of my time working for Aviva/Hibernian
Pros
Insurance costs
Cons
No comment
Productive fun working place.
Customer Services and Sales Advisor. (Current Employee) –  Galway14 April 2016
A typical day in Aviva for me consists of providing excellent customer service by understanding the mindset of the customer, being patient with demanding customers and remaining calm, courteous and respectful at all times and making a customers experience as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
Huge number of opportunities.
Great opportunity, great people
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 April 2016
A typical day in work... there was no such thing. Every day was different. You met clients, you were part of management reviews. Work closely with your team. The opportunities were endless. Projects, travel for work.

Staff were friendly, hard working people.

Hardest part was the variety of work you were involved in.

Most enjoyable = all the opportunities afforded to you. You got what you put into this job.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Commuting
Contract
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Cork City, County Cork26 March 2016
Great place to work but currently not offering full time contracts.
The flexi time is very handy for days off.
Benefits are okay but unless you have a longer contract you won't be able to avail of them.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Contract basis
Great work life balance
Program PMO (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland8 November 2015
Great company to work for. On the whole the management team are effective and driven. If you work hard you can create a great career.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Not that social, people just get on with the work
Very enjoyable
Imagery team member (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D8 September 2015
I really enjoyed working for Aviva. They provided me with a great experience and it was a lot of fun.The offices are also really nice to be in and the people were very friendly. I would easily work here again.
Loved it!
Actuarial Planner and Financial Reporter (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 August 2015
Had the greatest time working for Aviva. The people there are great, very friendly, very helpful. Great team-building environment. Lots of opportunities and benefits.
Great work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 August 2015
The best part of the job is knowing your making some one that little bit happier. Hard work pays off as you can be promoted if you are noticed in your work placement.
Pros
You can have a laugh
Cons
On your feet all day
Productive, fast paced working environment
Team Lead/ Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland22 June 2015
Very team orientated and each sub team was dependent and relying on each other.
Excellent management, great sense of comradery in the office.
Pros
Flexitime and very generous annual leave
Cons
No project manager for 2 months
Insurance and Customer Advisor
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 February 2014
Sales advisor for Insurance Products. Team Leader for HIbernian Financial Services - Getting appointments for the Financial Advisors exploring different ideas in getting customers to take out business with Hibernian.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aviva. Our community is ready to answer.

Aviva Reviews by Location