B&amp

B&amp Employee Reviews

Fab work place

I’ve worked for the company for over a year and can’t believe how fast paced the shop is, at times there isn’t enough hours in the day but I enjoy my role and like being busy so really suits me. All staff and management are friendly and make u feel so welcome, I feel like I’ve worked there for years. Always opportunities to learn new skills and like the fact I’m shopfloor and tills so never a dull day. Great place to work.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Always buying

Productive and positive environment

I started at B&M in October as a Christmas temp, after being made redundant due to the pandemic from my long-standing job. I luckily have been employed as a permanent member of staff. The management are helpful, approachable and All the staff are friendly, hard working and work together as one big team. This is my first job in retail and I am thoroughly enjoying working for B&M.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

I spend most of my wages instore

Friendly Environment

I’ve worked for company for under a year and have been made to feel so welcome by all staff and management. As a Customer Service Advisor I’m constantly faced with tasks as I work on tills, there are always plenty of jobs such as put backs, write off’s and most importantly serving the customers. Within my role on tills I am able to authorise returns and refunds. Sometimes the job can face some difficulties as some customers can be challenging but the management team are always supportive.

Pros

Flexible Shifts, Paid Break

Cons

Minimum Wage

From day 1

I hv been employed from the opening of the store so gave me a great insight to retail more. Fast paced customer focused job with good benefits. Flexible working hours and great management are always a bonus with work home balance being fulfilled.

Productive and fun

I’ve worked at b&m for over 1 year, I now take care of the chiller which I love to do. I place the orders and ensure nothing sells out. I like to be helpful on the floor but get called to help on the tills to help with customer queries and serving. I have made a lot of new friends from working here and I love the atmosphere at work.

Great Management, Very Flexible

Nothing is ever too much for the management team, simply have a chat and your issue can be sorted. However some colleagues act like supervisors when they have no authority, this can create a hostile work environment.

Pros

1 Paid break a shift

Cons

Can be stressfull

Job satisfaction with friendly staff & supportive management!

I have worked at B & M for nearly 2 years. Since my employment, working in a fast paced environment, I have improved on my interpersonal skills, dealing with the public & various stock for a plethora of departments. I gain job satisfaction by seeing tasks to their end & helping others either customers or colleagues. The management team are very supportive & encourage self development. Being promoted to a supervisor has given me new responsibilities & challenges & i enjoy passing on my knowledge & experience to my colleagues. I always look forward to the next shift to see what a difference I can make to someone's day!

Pros

Work life balance, job satisfaction, supportive management, friendly staff

Cons

Minimum wage

Chief ticketer

I have worked here since the store opened and I have enjoyed working here. There has been times when I havent liked being here as I felt unsupported but I raised my concerns with my manager and it has improved so much. It makes a change to be listened to

Productive and fun

I have been at B&M for over a year now and have had the opportunity to grow within my role. I look after the chiller and place the orders. The team work really well together. I recommend working here

Always worked in retail

I have worked in retail for quite a while and this so easily the happiest I have been at work. The manager is understanding and will help me when I need to change my work life balance.

Great company

I have worked here for many years and it has totally changed for the better!! The training at B&M has massively improved. Overall I'm happy working with them.

Pros

Training

Cons

Workload

B&m is an amazing company to work for, coaching and helping you progress anyways they can, helping benefit your future in and out of the company

I feel a valued member of b&m, I am recognised for the hard work I do, and the time I put into my job. They help you progress within the company helping and coaching you and giving you the knowledge you need, I feel a valued member of the team that is more like a family!

Pros

The team

Cons

Flexibility within staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&amp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement