B&Q Employee Reviews in Galway

3.3Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
Found 2 reviews matching the search See all 2,008 reviews
Quite enjoyable place to work
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Receiving Warehouse. Knocknarra, Galway11 February 2013
I work in the Admin office which is the hub of the store - everything happens in this office - and there is never a quiet day. Most of the staff use the office for printing off things and anything to do with pricing. It is a high traffic area. There is something to learn everyday in B&Q which is great because there is always something new. I have learnt all there is to know about receiving - deliveries and booking in process, chasing credits and making sure our database is correct. It is my responsibility to make sure all of these things are correct and it is a huge part of the HHT (stocktake) process. The management are quite easy to deal with. I get on well with all of them. I really like all the staff whom I work with also, we all get on really well together and there is a great rap-our between us all. The hardest part of the job is being on top of everything including making sure the database is correct and all the stock and credits are accounted for but mostly to make sure that I am up to date on any changes in procedures in the pipe line for our store. There is alot to my job but the hardest parts of the job are also the most enjoyable part of the job - aswell as the staff with whom I work with day in and day out.
Pros
learning something new everyday, opportunities to expand my qualifications through in house training, ie hikq in decor obtained in store 2011 get on well with all staff, staff discount.
Cons
can't think of any cons thank god.