B&Q Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

3.3Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
Found 2 reviews matching the search See all 2,008 reviews
Stock Replenishment
Warehouse operative/CA/Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D29 April 2015
I worked on Night shift from 7pm-12/8pm-12 Mon-Fri, aswell as day shifts in the summer time.

I mainly worked nightshift while studying for my degree.
I learned a lot about Retail as it was my first job in Retail. During the summer I worked earlier shifts in the warehouse and on the shop floor.
I gained valuable experience in customer relations. It linked in with studies as a designer. For example A client would come to a designer with a problem and the role of the designer is to come up with a solution to this problem whilst keeping aligned with each of the clients specifications.

This can be compared to many situations you may be faced with working on a shop floor of a D.I.Y Store. Customers will have questions and queries on how to complete a specific task and what specific tools are needed. You offer direction and advice to assist in fixing this problem and personally I get great satisfaction from seeing a happy customer at the end of the day.
Pros
nearby
Cons
shifts