Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 27 March 2020

B&Q Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

fun place to work great people
i worked night shift for 4 and a half years putting away stock and making up customer orders and i loved every minute of it . I was working with a great group of people . The hardest part of the job was the large list of thing that had to be done on top of putting away a forty foot trailer of stock every night . But we always got it don with time to spare
Stock Replenishment
I worked on Night shift from 7pm-12/8pm-12 Mon-Fri, aswell as day shifts in the summer time.

I mainly worked nightshift while studying for my degree.

I learned a lot about Retail as it was my first job in Retail. During the summer I worked earlier shifts in the warehouse and on the shop floor.

I gained valuable experience in customer relations. It linked in with studies as a designer. For example A client would come to a designer with a problem and the role of the designer is to come up with a solution to this problem whilst keeping aligned with each of the clients specifications.

This can be compared to many situations you may be faced with working on a shop floor of a D.I.Y Store. Customers will have questions and queries on how to complete a specific task and what specific tools are needed. You offer direction and advice to assist in fixing this problem and personally I get great satisfaction from seeing a happy customer at the end of the day.
Pros
nearby
Cons
shifts