B&Q Management reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 1,984 reviews
Not good
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naad13 November 2019
The staff there are quite gossipy, they talk behind your back and make working there very uncomfortable. The management try to be helpful but it is a bit of a mess to be honest.
Very little appreciation for staff.
General Operative (Current Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare21 August 2019
Difficult to progress in the company .poor management.
No encouragement to advance .
Poor salaries. Lack of appreciation by managers for the work the team does.
Not enough floor staff.
Good sharesave scheme.
Poor salaries that were subsidised by team bonuses but thease have been stopped this year leaving staff under valued.
Pros
Collugue support
Cons
Low salaries. No advancement . Poor management.
Love my colleagues. Wages not the highest but good working environment.
Kitchen sales (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2019
Great team on the floor. Rediculous over the top health and safety procedures. Loved my colleagues and most management. No Confidence in head office. There is plenty of It errors
Pros
Team are like family
Cons
Computer systems rarely work and a huge amount of procedures
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterford3 July 2019
Working at B&Q was overall a fantastic experience. I made life long friends there. The management were the nicest I have ever encountered in a job and the staff were like family.
Pros
Great work environment. Bonuses. Hours to suit your family life. Social clubs.
Cons
a very interesting workplace full of new challenges and experiences. i love it
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin12 June 2019
B&Q is a great place to work. theres always something new to learn everyday. I kid you not.
Also, the Management and staff are very experienced and professional.
great place to work
Replenishment supervisor, Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Cork26 June 2017
Great team enviorment
I work as part of management team, responsible for store operations on a daily basis incl cash handling,customer decision making on behalf of store.I enjoy the responsibility and totally confident in all decisions made.
Pros
20% staff disc
Cons
hours
everyone was productive and a fun place to work
Front end/Service Supervisot (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin4 January 2016
It was a good place to work with a friendly staff and an overall productive yet enjoyable environment. the management were good and always looking for employees to prgoess within the company
Friendly and Enjoyable Workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mahon Point, Cork5 February 2015
Everyone there was absolutely lovely, and it was a great place to work. A very diverse workforce there, and each one of them very welcoming. Cant say a bad word about B&Q, everyone was so nice, and considerate, and when I needed a day of, for example, they were more than accommodating. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Friendly staff, all the way up to management
Cons
Very repetitive work
Good place to work.
Shop Assistant, Stock (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2014
Cannot complaint.
Managment is always there where they should be for customers and employees too.
Pros
20% discount for employees.
Cons
Full time.
Quite enjoyable place to work
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Receiving Warehouse. Knocknarra, Galway11 February 2013
I work in the Admin office which is the hub of the store - everything happens in this office - and there is never a quiet day. Most of the staff use the office for printing off things and anything to do with pricing. It is a high traffic area. There is something to learn everyday in B&Q which is great because there is always something new. I have learnt all there is to know about receiving - deliveries and booking in process, chasing credits and making sure our database is correct. It is my responsibility to make sure all of these things are correct and it is a huge part of the HHT (stocktake) process. The management are quite easy to deal with. I get on well with all of them. I really like all the staff whom I work with also, we all get on really well together and there is a great rap-our between us all. The hardest part of the job is being on top of everything including making sure the database is correct and all the stock and credits are accounted for but mostly to make sure that I am up to date on any changes in procedures in the pipe line for our store. There is alot to my job but the hardest parts of the job are also the most enjoyable part of the job - aswell as the staff with whom I work with day in and day out.
Pros
learning something new everyday, opportunities to expand my qualifications through in house training, ie hikq in decor obtained in store 2011 get on well with all staff, staff discount.
Cons
can't think of any cons thank god.