Here to help: Coronavirus update

B&Q Management reviews

Ireland28 reviews
Reactive rather than proactive management.
B&Q Galway is a very well stocked shop for DIY. There sometimes however is not nearly enough staff to provide outstanding customer service. Management turnover is heavy. Long-term employees are not overly appreciated for the work they do and the skills and knowledge they possess. There are some truly outstanding employees and managers. Typical day is all about customer service and merchandising routines.
Worked at B&Q for 3 years and I never saw any appreciation for hard work, for anybody.
The management is B&Q’s main issue. In the store I worked in; the managers were comparable to a certain German dictator.
My responsibility was with front end, which I enjoyed at first, as I had daily interactions customers and felt a great sense of worth. However, as the job went on my work became more unappreciated. They would “promote” people, but leave them on the same pay as a regular cashier.
Not good
The staff there are quite gossipy, they talk behind your back and make working there very uncomfortable. The management try to be helpful but it is a bit of a mess to be honest.
Very little appreciation for staff.
Difficult to progress in the company .poor management.
No encouragement to advance .

Poor salaries. Lack of appreciation by managers for the work the team does.

Not enough floor staff.

Good sharesave scheme.

Poor salaries that were subsidised by team bonuses but thease have been stopped this year leaving staff under valued.
Pros
Collugue support
Cons
Low salaries. No advancement . Poor management.
Love my colleagues. Wages not the highest but good working environment.
Great team on the floor. Rediculous over the top health and safety procedures. Loved my colleagues and most management. No Confidence in head office. There is plenty of It errors
Pros
Team are like family
Cons
Computer systems rarely work and a huge amount of procedures
Fantastic place to work
Working at B&Q was overall a fantastic experience. I made life long friends there. The management were the nicest I have ever encountered in a job and the staff were like family.
Pros
Great work environment. Bonuses. Hours to suit your family life. Social clubs.
B&Q Tallaght
The staff in B&Q tallaght are more worried about their colleagues personal lives than customers or sales. Managers have had affairs with sales assistant, a lot of the staff seem to be having flings with each other and then gossip about it while at work. They're are only a handful of employees in this store that are there to work, help customers and make sales. Never worked anywhere like this store before. So if that's what your into apply here if not avoid I'm sure you'll find a nicer store.
a very interesting workplace full of new challenges and experiences. i love it
B&Q is a great place to work. theres always something new to learn everyday. I kid you not.
Also, the Management and staff are very experienced and professional.
great place to work
Great team enviorment
I work as part of management team, responsible for store operations on a daily basis incl cash handling,customer decision making on behalf of store.I enjoy the responsibility and totally confident in all decisions made.
Pros
20% staff disc
Cons
hours
everyone was productive and a fun place to work
It was a good place to work with a friendly staff and an overall productive yet enjoyable environment. the management were good and always looking for employees to prgoess within the company
Friendly and Enjoyable Workplace
Everyone there was absolutely lovely, and it was a great place to work. A very diverse workforce there, and each one of them very welcoming. Cant say a bad word about B&Q, everyone was so nice, and considerate, and when I needed a day of, for example, they were more than accommodating. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Friendly staff, all the way up to management
Cons
Very repetitive work
Good place to work.
Cannot complaint.
Managment is always there where they should be for customers and employees too.
Pros
20% discount for employees.
Cons
Full time.
Quite enjoyable place to work
I work in the Admin office which is the hub of the store - everything happens in this office - and there is never a quiet day. Most of the staff use the office for printing off things and anything to do with pricing. It is a high traffic area. There is something to learn everyday in B&Q which is great because there is always something new. I have learnt all there is to know about receiving - deliveries and booking in process, chasing credits and making sure our database is correct. It is my responsibility to make sure all of these things are correct and it is a huge part of the HHT (stocktake) process. The management are quite easy to deal with. I get on well with all of them. I really like all the staff whom I work with also, we all get on really well together and there is a great rap-our between us all. The hardest part of the job is being on top of everything including making sure the database is correct and all the stock and credits are accounted for but mostly to make sure that I am up to date on any changes in procedures in the pipe line for our store. There is alot to my job but the hardest parts of the job are also the most enjoyable part of the job - aswell as the staff with whom I work with day in and day out.
Pros
learning something new everyday, opportunities to expand my qualifications through in house training, ie hikq in decor obtained in store 2011 get on well with all staff, staff discount.
Cons
can't think of any cons thank god.