B&Q Employee Review

Hard Work, Fun Staff
Showroom Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liffey Valley Centre, County Dublin28 February 2019
The Liffey Branch has over 100 staff. There is a great sense of comradery in the branch. There are lots of great people to meet and you will make a lot of great friends for life.
The job can be quite demanding physically. There is a constant influx of customers and the footfall on the weekends is borderline insanity.
Being good with your hands is not essential but is a great help as new displays for products are always required.
The managers are fantastic and very supportive, but only if you show that you are a good worker and pull your weight.
Overall I would highly recommend B&Q Part-Time if you're in college or have separate responsibilities.
Full time there is very little room for progression and it takes quite some time to progress. In my opinion full time at this company is a dead end.
Pros
Great Team Environment.
Cons
Dead End Job.

Other B&Q Employee Reviews

Better than a Smyths
Replenishment staff (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin22 February 2020
the team and supervisors made it barrable,money wasn't great, weren't sure when the cutoff point was so you never knew when or for what amount of work you got paid for.
Worked at B&Q for 3 years and I never saw any appreciation for hard work, for anybody.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway, Bristol16 January 2020
The management is B&Q’s main issue. In the store I worked in; the managers were comparable to a certain German dictator.
My responsibility was with front end, which I enjoyed at first, as I had daily interactions customers and felt a great sense of worth. However, as the job went on my work became more unappreciated. They would “promote” people, but leave them on the same pay as a regular cashier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&Q. Our community is ready to answer.