B&Q Employee Review

Is a fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISER (Current Employee) –  SWORDS, AIRSIDE, CO. DUBLIN10 October 2015
A typical work day is very busy. B/q deals on home improvement and people are likely to buy things for their gardening, and other building materials. At this time of the year that winter is approaching is another busy period as customers are busy painting their house getting ready for xmas. While some are buying fuels and coal for their fire places.
Pros
The enjoyable part are the new customers that I meet every day.
Cons
Long hours of standing

Other B&Q Employee Reviews

Worked at B&Q for 3 years and I never saw any appreciation for hard work, for anybody.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cribbs Causeway, Bristol16 January 2020
The management is B&Q’s main issue. In the store I worked in; the managers were comparable to a certain German dictator.
My responsibility was with front end, which I enjoyed at first, as I had daily interactions customers and felt a great sense of worth. However, as the job went on my work became more unappreciated. They would “promote” people, but leave them on the same pay as a regular cashier.
Not good
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naad13 November 2019
The staff there are quite gossipy, they talk behind your back and make working there very uncomfortable. The management try to be helpful but it is a bit of a mess to be honest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&Q. Our community is ready to answer.