B&Q Employee Review

Quite enjoyable place to work

11 February 2013
I work in the Admin office which is the hub of the store - everything happens in this office - and there is never a quiet day. Most of the staff use the office for printing off things and anything to do with pricing. It is a high traffic area. There is something to learn everyday in B&Q which is great because there is always something new. I have learnt all there is to know about receiving - deliveries and booking in process, chasing credits and making sure our database is correct. It is my responsibility to make sure all of these things are correct and it is a huge part of the HHT (stocktake) process. The management are quite easy to deal with. I get on well with all of them. I really like all the staff whom I work with also, we all get on really well together and there is a great rap-our between us all. The hardest part of the job is being on top of everything including making sure the database is correct and all the stock and credits are accounted for but mostly to make sure that I am up to date on any changes in procedures in the pipe line for our store. There is alot to my job but the hardest parts of the job are also the most enjoyable part of the job - aswell as the staff with whom I work with day in and day out.
Pros
learning something new everyday, opportunities to expand my qualifications through in house training, ie hikq in decor obtained in store 2011 get on well with all staff, staff discount.
Cons
can't think of any cons thank god.
30 July 2020
Same location
Service Supervisor / Team Leader (Former Employee) - Galway
I learned a lot of new skills in company. Management is very understanding and supportive. It's a great place where to learn new DIY tricks for your own home and share with customers
Pros
20% staff discount after 3 month probation
Cons
late and weekend shifts
27 August 2019
Same location
Customer Advisor/ Order Administrator (Former Employee) - Galway
B&Q Galway is a very well stocked shop for DIY. There sometimes however is not nearly enough staff to provide outstanding customer service. Management turnover is heavy. Long-term employees are not overly appreciated for the work they do and the skills and knowledge they possess. There are some truly outstanding employees and managers. Typical day is all about customer service and merchandising routines.
22 February 2020
Replenishment staff (Former Employee) - Dublin West, County Dublin
the team and supervisors made it barrable,money wasn't great, weren't sure when the cutoff point was so you never knew when or for what amount of work you got paid for.