B&Q

B&Q Employee Reviews

the team and supervisors made it barrable,money wasn't great, weren't sure when the cutoff point was so you never knew when or for what amount of work you got paid for.
A typical work day is very busy. B/q deals on home improvement and people are likely to buy things for their gardening, and other building materials. At this time of the year that winter is approaching is another busy period as customers are busy painting their house getting ready for xmas. While some are buying fuels and coal for their fire places.
Pros
The enjoyable part are the new customers that I meet every day.
Cons
Long hours of standing
i worked night shift for 4 and a half years putting away stock and making up customer orders and i loved every minute of it . I was working with a great group of people . The hardest part of the job was the large list of thing that had to be done on top of putting away a forty foot trailer of stock every night . But we always got it don with time to spare
I worked on Night shift from 7pm-12/8pm-12 Mon-Fri, aswell as day shifts in the summer time. I mainly worked nightshift while studying for my degree. I learned a lot about Retail as it was my first job in Retail. During the summer I worked earlier shifts in the warehouse and on the shop floor. I gained valuable experience in customer relations. It linked in with studies as a designer. For example A client would come to a designer with a problem and the role of the designer is to come up with a solution to this problem whilst keeping aligned with each of the clients specifications. This can be compared to many situations you may be faced with working on a shop floor of a D.I.Y Store. Customers will have questions and queries on how to complete a specific task and what specific tools are needed. You offer direction and advice to assist in fixing this problem and personally I get great satisfaction from seeing a happy customer at the end of the day.
Pros
nearby
Cons
shifts
Everyone there was absolutely lovely, and it was a great place to work. A very diverse workforce there, and each one of them very welcoming. Cant say a bad word about B&Q, everyone was so nice, and considerate, and when I needed a day of, for example, they were more than accommodating. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Friendly staff, all the way up to management
Cons
Very repetitive work
My co-worker and I were selling cakes, books and raffle tickets as part of a charity event run by B&Q. I learned the importance of communication and being friendly and open to customers and their queries. The hardest part was getting comfortable talking to people but as I got used to it, talking to customers became the most enjoyable part.
enjoyed working with the B&Q team, the staff were great and the customer were a pleasure to deal with
Cannot complaint. Managment is always there where they should be for customers and employees too.
Pros
20% discount for employees.
Cons
Full time.
My experiences with B & Q Waterford gave me many opportunities to up skill and gain knowledge about the business. I travelled to Bolton in the UK to train as a Kitchen & Bathrooms Design Consultant, to return to my store and offer a top class Design Consultancy to all our customers. Chosen as a Temporary floating consultant. My first assignment was to Galway, where sales had dropped. I managed to turn around the sales within 24 hours of being in situ, exceeding targets. I had the pleasure of being a part of the To be a part of the 1.8 million investments in the décor department to drive sales and offer customers the latest in interior design, also trained with B&Q for the launch of the new decorative drive and future of home improvement.
Pros
Staff Discounts 20%
I work in the Admin office which is the hub of the store - everything happens in this office - and there is never a quiet day. Most of the staff use the office for printing off things and anything to do with pricing. It is a high traffic area. There is something to learn everyday in B&Q which is great because there is always something new. I have learnt all there is to know about receiving - deliveries and booking in process, chasing credits and making sure our database is correct. It is my responsibility to make sure all of these things are correct and it is a huge part of the HHT (stocktake) process. The management are quite easy to deal with. I get on well with all of them. I really like all the staff whom I work with also, we all get on really well together and there is a great rap-our between us all. The hardest part of the job is being on top of everything including making sure the database is correct and all the stock and credits are accounted for but mostly to make sure that I am up to date on any changes in procedures in the pipe line for our store. There is alot to my job but the hardest parts of the job are also the most enjoyable part of the job - aswell as the staff with whom I work with day in and day out.
Pros
learning something new everyday, opportunities to expand my qualifications through in house training, ie hikq in decor obtained in store 2011 get on well with all staff, staff discount.
Cons
can't think of any cons thank god.