Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews

Ireland36 reviews

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,412 reviews

Relaxed and fun place to work for

Really enjoy working for BOA. Great teams. great collaboration. Open to new ideas. Great benefit (pension holidays etc). Would recommend to any new starter. Great location.

Pros

Relaxed fun place

Cons

Overload long hours expected if looking for promotioN. Low salary. management bias, no progression if not supported by management. no willingness to open to hybrid or remote working.

Closed group of management and friends.

Felt good at beginning, met some great work colleagues who I still call friends but overall management was a joke and rarely supported or promoted anyone outside their circle of friends. When u exceed sales for 9 months in a row winning 9 monthly awards as top seller and 2 colleagues you coached for sales and taking manager calls get promoted ahead of you it's time to move on which I did. When I said I was leaving I was immediately offered promotion??? Too late...

Productive and encouraging place to work

Enjoyable workplace that I continue to find development. Employer and management keen to help internal staff progress and develop. Work /life balance is far better than previous employers. Definitely recommend as a place of work

Pros

Development of staff

No work life balance, too much expected from staff

Long hours expected of you, salaries are not in line with similar companies and roles, very little career progression. No overtime or compensation for additional hours worked. Little to no support from management, hierarchy system is clearly evident throughout the company.

Toxic

Just not a nice place to work, long hours expected of you 8/9/10 hour days, all to show face, the company must make a fortune of non paid hours from staff. High turnover in staff, below average salary vs it's competitors. Some very toxic managers in the place, stressful environment. Old school teacher style management

Pros

Healthcare, some nice staff.

Cons

Location is terrible, amenities are poor, salary poor, management toxic

Good place to be at

Steady, pretty much predictable work day. Lots of learning opportunities. Relaxed environment. If you are stuck with anything, there's always someone willing to assist. Overall, pleasure to work in.

Pros

Stability, culture

Good job

I was there when it was MBNA. I found the work interesting but repetitive. Interesting to learn about banking though. Also good training in customer service.

Good springboard company

Plenty space for internal movement. Maybe too much upper management causing things to get a bit congested. Good work/life balance overall. Wish they rewarded hard work more than they do.

Productive place to work and enjoy the buzz

Well managed teams and the people were good to work with. Excellent facilities and accessible via ukase and bus. Young people working in small teams developed fantastic friendships and they were all very genuine.

Interesting & varied

Working hours 9am to 5.15pm, overtime available if required Call centre setting, assisting & advising customers with queries Lovely working atmosphere, good team participation Good management Interractive team culture

Pros

Sport & social events

Cons

n/a

Busy and productive workplace

Bank of America was an excellent employer. Shift work was involved between 7am to 11pm. I learned how to notice an opportunity and use it to mine and my customers satisfaction in regards to selling the correct product to the right customer. Management were excellent and always available for either a business or a personal problem. The culture within the company was very good and all about the team. the hardest part of the job was not the sales or customer service aspect but the time frame which every call had to be done in. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was my work colleagues and management.

Pros

Flexability, management and training

Cons

Salary

Very Good experience

I learn a lot in my time there.The staff are brilliant, I had a great time there.Do they never tell you how you are doing. The skill I got from working with some of the best programs around, will all ways be important.

Pros

The staff

Cons

Never tell you anything.

Contract Role

Role was Short Term contract with well defined process no Typical Day, Learning schedule, management by contract team lead, Culture - Good, Not present to experience Hardest part of Job.

A lot of new skills were learnt.

During my 8 years with the company i saw a lot of changes and also learned a lot of new skills in the many areas that were available to me. It was because of this that myself and my team were able to achieve a World Customer Experience award for our skills.

Productive and fun

Good place to work. Nice team, good products and good technology. Smart people though management can often be poor, with lack of leadership and misguided direction.

Great variety of roles. Constant change.

Recruitment, People management. For a two month period I managed sixty people. Challenging! Leading by example, recruiting, collecting, selling, I always did the job I expected others to do. This was important to establish respect.

Pros

Good organisation Highly structured

Cons

Very highly structured

Very demanding and stressful enviroment

I found working on the Stock Account Management team was very stressful. I didn't feel included as part of the team as it was very male orientated. They don't have a very useful training program especially for beginners going into that environment.

Pros

helpful surrounding team members

Cons

It's a good pace to work. Lot's of learning opportunities and gaining experience. You can meet fantastic people and partner with true professionals. Leadership programs are also available.

Pros

great learning oportunities

Cons

low salary, bad talent management

Weak progression

Worked with this firm for over 8 years. Progression is dependent on who you know as opposed to what you know. Company drags out a employee/management interaction initiative every 3 - 4 years to give the impression that they value your opinion and will act upon issues. Real issues such as salary, progression, staff parking all brushed under the carpet as its not something that they can fix without the authority of Charlotte or there is nothing in the budget. Its no wonder all the real talent leave.

My Opinion of the workplace

I was grateful to be employed by Mbna, (AvantCard) during the time I was there as I has 2 kids in college and it was great to have the wages I was getting. I felt that it was hard to progress in the company. The people I worked with there were fabulous and I really enjoyed the job but it was the office politics that was difficult to deal with at times. Having said that I enjoyed my time working there overall.

Bank of America Merrill Lynch

atmosfera oraz kultura pracy jest na bardzo wysokim poziomie- ludzie w zespolach pomagaja sobie wzajemnie. Bardzo dobre I pozytywne relacje kadry zarzadzajacej pozwalaja na utrzymanie takiej atmosfery- uwazam ze kazdy z nas jest w stanie nauczyc sie kazdej pracy, system, procesu, natomiast 'dojrzalosc emocjonalna' jest cecha, ktora trzeba posiadac oraz rozwijac. Cenie sobie fakt ze moge przyjsc do pracy bez niezbednego stresu.

Pros

Benefity, ubezpieczenie, godziny pracy

Cons

zle wyposazona kantyna

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement