Bank of America Employee Reviews

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 28,457 reviews
Interesting & varied
Senior Credit and Risk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrick-On-Shannon, County Leitrim13 December 2018
Working hours 9am to 5.15pm, overtime available if required
Call centre setting, assisting & advising customers with queries
Lovely working atmosphere, good team participation
Good management
Interractive team culture
Pros
Sport & social events
Cons
n/a
Busy and productive workplace
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrick-On-Shannon, County Leitrim28 July 2018
Bank of America was an excellent employer. Shift work was involved between 7am to 11pm. I learned how to notice an opportunity and use it to mine and my customers satisfaction in regards to selling the correct product to the right customer. Management were excellent and always available for either a business or a personal problem. The culture within the company was very good and all about the team. the hardest part of the job was not the sales or customer service aspect but the time frame which every call had to be done in. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was my work colleagues and management.
Pros
Flexability, management and training
Cons
Salary
Very Good experience
Software developer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 April 2018
I learn a lot in my time there.
The staff are brilliant, I had a great time there.

Do they never tell you how you are doing.
The skill I got from working with some of the best programs around,
will all ways be important.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Never tell you anything.
Contract Role
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 April 2018
Role was Short Term contract
with well defined process
no Typical Day, Learning schedule, management by contract team lead, Culture - Good, Not present to experience Hardest part of Job.
A lot of new skills were learnt.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Carrick-On-Shannon, County Leitrim26 February 2018
During my 8 years with the company i saw a lot of changes and also learned a lot of new skills in the many areas that were available to me. It was because of this that myself and my team were able to achieve a World Customer Experience award for our skills.
Productive and fun
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 February 2018
Good place to work. Nice team, good products and good technology. Smart people though management can often be poor, with lack of leadership and misguided direction.
Great variety of roles. Constant change.
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrick-On-Shannon, County Leitrim23 August 2017
Recruitment, People management. For a two month period I managed sixty people. Challenging!
Leading by example, recruiting, collecting, selling, I always did the job I expected others to do. This was important to establish respect.
Pros
Good organisation Highly structured
Cons
Very highly structured
Very demanding and stressful enviroment
Stock Account Management (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 March 2017
I found working on the Stock Account Management team was very stressful. I didn't feel included as part of the team as it was very male orientated. They don't have a very useful training program especially for beginners going into that environment.
Pros
helpful surrounding team members
Quant Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 December 2016
It's a good pace to work. Lot's of learning opportunities and gaining experience. You can meet fantastic people and partner with true professionals.
Leadership programs are also available.
Pros
great learning oportunities
Cons
low salary, bad talent management
Weak progression
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 July 2016
Worked with this firm for over 8 years. Progression is dependent on who you know as opposed to what you know. Company drags out a employee/management interaction initiative every 3 - 4 years to give the impression that they value your opinion and will act upon issues. Real issues such as salary, progression, staff parking all brushed under the carpet as its not something that they can fix without the authority of Charlotte or there is nothing in the budget. Its no wonder all the real talent leave.
My Opinion of the workplace
Role - Bank Associate (Former Employee) –  Leitrim20 April 2016
I was grateful to be employed by Mbna, (AvantCard) during the time I was there as I has 2 kids in college and it was great to have the wages I was getting. I felt that it was hard to progress in the company. The people I worked with there were fabulous and I really enjoyed the job but it was the office politics that was difficult to deal with at times. Having said that I enjoyed my time working there overall.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Cash Management Services-Payments Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 April 2016
atmosfera oraz kultura pracy jest na bardzo wysokim poziomie- ludzie w zespolach pomagaja sobie wzajemnie. Bardzo dobre I pozytywne relacje kadry zarzadzajacej pozwalaja na utrzymanie takiej atmosfery- uwazam ze kazdy z nas jest w stanie nauczyc sie kazdej pracy, system, procesu, natomiast 'dojrzalosc emocjonalna' jest cecha, ktora trzeba posiadac oraz rozwijac. Cenie sobie fakt ze moge przyjsc do pracy bez niezbednego stresu.
Pros
Benefity, ubezpieczenie, godziny pracy
Cons
zle wyposazona kantyna
Cash Management (Current Employee) –  Dublin 187 January 2016
08.30 to 17.30 typically.
Funding our business with Euroclear flat daily.
Good work/life balance.
Poor forward mobility.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Hated it
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Carrick-On-Shannon, LM14 October 2015
Wasn't for me. Never felt comfortable there. Didn't really agree with how the company dealt with customers. Just refund clients fees , give them incorrect info and don't solve their query. They seem happy with this once you flog the customers some Card Protection or another overpriced product.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrick on Shannon Co. Lietrim7 October 2015
Fun Place to work with Supportive Management,
Encouraged to grow and develop.
Lead a team of 10 customer service agents
Customer Resolutions/Query's
Targets to meet
Pros
A Company that looked after it Employees!
Cons
Long Hours
Manager (Assistant Vice-President) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Leopardstown23 September 2015
Great team locally but no local management support for my team and lack of positivity from management caused issues. Expected to work long hours.
Cons
Location, long hours
Happy working enviroment
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin Road Carrick on Shannon, Co.Leitrim16 April 2015
I spent 11 years working withing this Organisation, From the early MBNA days, right through to the changeover to Bank of America and more recently Avant Card.
while most of my time was spent in the Collections department, I also have experience working within the Management/supervisor roles.
I gained a vast amount of experience in dealing with groups of people and how to adjust from been a team member to moving to a supervisory role. I was given adequate training on this and also used my own initaive to built strong rapport with management and associates alike.
I found that the hardest part of the Job was sometimes having to give feedback sometimes not positive to associates, however once it was established where there errors were made, it was easier to look at how they could better themselves and prevent these mistakes from happening again.
The most enjoyable part of my Job, was always when our targets were met, and you were able to reward associates with time off in lieu of their efforts.
Pros
Benefits, ability to grow within the company
Cons
very few, sometimes working late nights during summer was tough.
Fast paced environment
Administrator/PA to site lead (Former Employee) –  Leitrim5 March 2015
The working environment in Bank of America was fast paced, energetic and changeable. I learned great skills from working there that I can adapt to any career going forward and to life in general. IT skills, time management, negoitation skills, customer service and management skills.The Management team were always very helpful and patient, the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changes in company policies. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and working as a team
Pros
Charity work
Cons
Constant changes in company policies
Coaching and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrick on Shannon30 October 2014
Enjoyable place to work, managing teams of up to 15, providing customer service to UK based Credit Card holders. Worked with great managers and great staff.
Pros
Health Insurnace, up to 32 days holidays, great canteen. flexible with shifts
Cons
Shift work
Good Company to work for.
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Road Carrick-on-Shannon16 September 2014
I was on the phones for my whole shift answering peoples queries and sorting out any problems they had with their Credit Card.The most rewarding part was ben able to sort out their queries while still on the phone.

I also had to sell Insurancs products during the course of the call.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.

59.7K