Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............
I enjoyed my time in BOI, learned loads and the experience was invaluable. Great company to work for. Management were mostly great with a few exceptions as per every company. Great company for advancement and my colleagues were brilliant.
Productive workplace
Bank of Ireland is very good place to start your career in finance. In the bank there is a lot of space to grow and in one year that i am in the Bank i can tell i learned a lot about finance, and that will definitely help me in the future career.
Great to work for . Good benefits .
Worked with a team . Fast paced but always support when needed . I worked shift so had plenty of time off to enjoy life also. Worked with great people and salary was good with benefits.
No work life balance.
Management style & overall management team need to enter the 21st century. No work life balance, little understanding of life outside of the bank. No opportunities for working from home, part time work or job sharing. A lot of very highly skilled mothers have left their employment because of these issues. It needs to be addressed if women are ever expected to stay in the workplace. Although it is not just a problem in bank of Ireland, it is particularly prevalent from 20 years experience working there
Excellent
I loved working with Bank of Ireland. It is a very good firm. Got chance to work on multiple projects with different skill sets required. They offer wonderful opportunity in terms of working and learning parallel.
Boi risk
Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone
Good
Good company to work with nice work culture, goof work life balance,Good management, less salary, Good work culture, good paid leaves good experience.
stressfull
To much gossip no hands in action, and you will be evaluated not by your work or achievement but for what other people say about you, their system is make for you to fail, o matter how good you are or how brilliant solutions you can give, what maters the most is just to be a sheep, no complaint or give ideas for better customer experience.
Pros
non
Cons
many
Staff friendly and helpful. Not so sure about management.
I worked during a time where staff and the bank union were at loggerheads with management. The staff were really good to me a newbie who was only there for a matter of a few months. However it was stressful due to the poor atmosphere due to the union and management troubles.
Best
Best company to have worked for though it needs a lot of restructuring as costs are high so generally pay can be on the lower end of the scale. overall great culture
Challenging and productive environment
Whether you work in branch sector , in Operations or in IT , you can be sure of a busy and fulfilling day. There is a strong culture of teamwork in offsite facilities. Branches have changed a lot in the past few years and the most difficult part of the job there is to manage the expectations of customers in a changing digital environment.
Good place of work
I really liked working in the branch, as one day is never the same. Things are different in every branch. The staff where friendly in general. Company' employment benefits are very good, but if you are on temporary contract, it is harder to avail of all of them.
Fast moving environment with opportunities to learn and and progress
Great opportunity to learn and upskill yourself in banking. opportunities for further education and qualifications. Career progression possible if you put work in.
Over qualified for the role
This was a contract role - Over qualified for the role - Job was not what I was expecting however I needed the job at the time. The programme going on was huge and would have been interesting if you were involved in the meat of the work.
productive and friendly environment to work in with the option to move to different departments
i work in the business online department and help customers with businesses or employees working in the business with payment queries. I also help them navigate through the online website when it comes to organising accounts that they have.
i love my job i give 110% to all i do
I love the people the staff the fast pace an ever changing queries but my heart is in weddings and events an i want to persue it i love to organise and plan i feel im good at this an know i can excel in this role
I was employed as a DRC working on Core Banking Systems Project. The management & team ensured that there was a healthy work culture, promoting an agile & unified approach to the project.

Elements of the project were difficult at times but support from management & colleagues was there in abundance.
Pros
Salary, Project, Management
Cons
Location, Commute was difficult
Good Environment
A typical day is nice, sometimes manic. I learned to work under heavy loads of targets. Good management and excellent workplace culture. I enjoyed working here.
Great work place
it was a great place to work, with a strong and hardworking team
Great support from all team members

learned a lot about team work and multi tasking

management was great
Productive, non-stop environment.
Was a good place to work, but lack of staff motivation began to create a few bumps in the road. Staff where great and fun to work with. Heavy work load everyday.
Pros
Great staff, good hours, subsidized canteen
Cons
Early mornings, heavy work load, lack of motivation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.