Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

3.Management was kind but let us be independent

4.Mostly independent working with occasional teamwork for projects

5.Learning how to photocopy

6.The general workplace environment
Pros
Very good canteen, Casual Fridays
Cons
Bit of a trek to get there
Customer Focused
Welcome advisor (Former Employee) –  IE30 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Bank of Ireland. i enjoyed dealing with the customers and assisting there daily needs. I worked along side management when new staff members where employed to train them in on the systems and help them along the way of there yearly probation. There was many changes in the banking system in which computers and machines replaced staff. Alot of elderly customers found it hard with the change and there was a limit of how much we could assist them.
Pros
different challenges everyday
Cons
changes to customer service set up
Bank Official (Former Employee) –  Droim Seanbhó, County Leitrim2 November 2018
Loved all aspects of the work.....customer service, product sales, cashier etc..actively encouraged and given time off to avail of courses offered in order to upskill or learn about new product arriving on the market.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Late evenings
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Payments subject matter expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 July 2018
Bank of Ireland is a great place to work, They are very friendly and fair, you are rewarded for hard work. They believe in furthering education and there are multiple course available for staff to take to enhance their skills and develop their career.
Productive workplace
Executive Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  IE5 October 2018
Approachable management
Engaging staff
Restructures of teams, groups provide new opportunities
Social, charity and sports events available
Flexible working being piloted
Hard working fast pace
Welcome Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fermoy, County Cork15 August 2018
I worked with Bank of Ireland on a Summer internship. It was a great learning curve for me, but the bank I worked in was very old fashioned and allot of workers didn't like the change of automation or welcoming new employees.
Excellent
Operations and Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 July 2018
The staff that helped our school bank were incredibly friendly, efficient and easy to work with. We learned about how banks operated and again I got experience selling and promoting the bank to students in my school.
Enjoyable
Welcome advisor (Former Employee) –  IE15 August 2018
as someone who always worked in hotels and the service industry my time in back or ireland was a welcome change, i enjoyed the pace of the bank and the management were amazing.
Pros
9-5, Weekends off
Cons
difficult customers
Good Company, Opportunities Have Become Limited
Helpdesk Call Agent/Fraud Response Team (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
I am fully QFA(Qualified Financial Adviser) as of July 2017

have worked on both the operations(back office) side and the customer to customer helpdesk & query side.

I have also been part of a project Team to identify Fraudulent transactions & cancel fraud payments before leaving customers account. If unsuccessful we also made our best effort to recoup the customers funds.

Currently my day to day tasks include processing, ordering, re-issuing, & cancelling Business Credit Cards.

I am in direct contact with the Companies themselves for any requests or queries.

I also compile MIS reports & QA of all work carried out by the Team on a Day to Day basis.

I like to work here as staff are treated well & fair, but opportunities are becoming more limited, with robotics systems being rolled out.

Also there are very few employee incentive schemes.
Pros
Comfortable Working Environment. Job Security
Cons
No Free Lunches. No Colleage Rewards. No incentives i.e. bonus, gifts, promotions etc. Very low focus on employee moral, which I feel is vital.
excellent opportunities for learning and advancement
bank official (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath13 February 2018
i was acting customer service manager in a retail branch. my typical day involved managing staff in the office, running the office on a day to day basis, dealing with customer queries, helping the manager organise sales meetings, dealing with all compliance procedures.
Pros
lots of opportunites and experience
Cons
i was an acting assistant manager but on a lower pay scale.
An organisation in constant change
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork7 February 2018
Used to be a very good place to progress and learn but in recent years opportunities for staff progression have diminished.

Very little development and support of staff and people are generally expected to train themselves.

Very heavily sales orientated with targets prioritised over competent and thorough customer advice. Short term focus with little concern about building long term relationships.

The staff are great and do as much as they can in very difficult circumstances
Enjoyed my time in Bank of Ireland and learnt alot of skills
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Donegal17 April 2018
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 years with Bank of Ireland. I gained a wealth of knowledge and personally it was a time in my career where I am seeking a change of culture and environment.
Account Management Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  IE26 February 2018
A great place to work with amazing team and staff giving guidance and coaching, and provide direction where required.

I have established and continue to maintain excellent relationships with many stakeholders across the Bank and my communication skills have proved vital in this regard.
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 May 2018
I found Bank of Ireland to be a good place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities for further education/training and also opportunities for advancement.
as above
Senior Bank Official (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2018
Salary was great, hours were excellent. Job was secure. work was repetitive with little chance of promotion. I left to find a more challenging job and life.
Pros
Salary hours
Cons
repetitive
Work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 May 2018
It was my first time working within an office environment. I learned how to create invoice letter. The staff were friendly and approachable each day. Nice work place environment.
Business development internally and externally
Enterprise Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin12 January 2018
Collaborating with business banking to effectively meet the needs of local markets with the mutual benefit of delivering sector relevant events within community. Developing and delivering content in the process.
Must be very organised
Management of 3 staff
Work culture is improving within the bank with strong value being embedded
My commute from Tipperary to Dublin
Meeting so many people and seeing your products being successful
Pros
Growing my network, expenses, overnight stays
Cons
Long hours, worklife balance
Payments Specialist - Full Time - Contract (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin13 March 2018
Great work and life balance, not much job security, management very supportive. Money not that great, no perm contracts. Great staff and working conditions.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
no perm contracts
Great organisation
Risk & Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  IE1 March 2018
Good job security in Bank of Ireland. I learned a lot about the law with regards to AML and CFT which was interesting. It is a great place to work to start a professional career.
Challenging but rewarding job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterford26 October 2017
Overall I enjoyed my experience in the bank. However some days it could be extremely hard and tiring work. Management were always extremely helpful whenever a situation arose that I was unable to deal with. I learned an awful lot in my short time in the bank and it has given me many skills that I feel I can apply to any job in the future.