Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Morale has diminished over the last five years.
Lending Official (Former Employee) –  Cashel, County Tipperary20 March 2019
With a new CEO in place, I hope Bank of Ireland will rebuild Staff confidence and morale which in turn will transfer back to our Customers. Our customers are our Bread and Butter and our lifeline
Progressive workplace
Personal/Business Credit Adviser (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny - Dublin7 March 2019
If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, this can be a good place to work. With various locations available, travel times can be reduced. salaries vary depending on experience and grades. There are good educational supports available within the company.
Pros
subsidised canteen, good senior management
Cons
shift work timimgs can change to meet changing business needs
Terrible - avoid at all costs
Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ireland3 March 2019
Worst place I have ever worked. No respect for staff and zero emphasis on promotion based on merit. No formalized training on entry to role, expected to learn on the job.Bullying environment where management use policy to create a toxic environment for staff members. Performance assessment metrics are subjective (not formalized) and open to manipulation by team leaders. A number of staff are on long term stress leave and management make no efforts to resolve causes of work related stress.Promotions are not based on merit. Easily influenced people who will not challenge status quo ineffective processes or unfair treatment of staff members. Zero staff morale/protections in place and no desire to make the environment a efficient, effective, and motivated workplace.
Pros
Salary is comparative with market rates
Cons
IT in dark ages, management uneducated and uninformed, no respect for staff.
Digital Costumer Service
Digital Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St Louis High School, Rathmines25 February 2019
This was a Transition Year project in accordance with the school. It was an interesting experience helping different students setting up their accounts. Nice team structure and good arrangement
Good Place to work
Test Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 February 2019
It was a good place to work and had the opportunity to learn new things from Bank of Ireland. A day in the Bank of Ireland starts with a busy schedule because I was handling multiple teams located in different countries with different time zones. I learned to handle the remote team in different countries with different culture and different time zones. The hardest part of the job was test data management. I need to rely on the third party for test data and generation of test data is complicated
Pros
Good environment
not the greatest
personal lender up to 65k (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 January 2019
moving within BOI is difficult. salary moving internally doesnt go in line with the role.
they do provide great training and other education
systems are out dated
Pros
education
Cons
salary and progression
Productive and good place to work
Customer Service Full Banking (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland10 January 2019
Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well.
Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.
Pros
work conditions very good
Cons
can be asked to work Christmas day
flexible working in multiple roles
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland8 January 2019
Learn in role, on job.

Could work on management in all areas between colleagues to work together, staffing numbers would assist in this area also.

Large amount of information to be learnt in all areas, fast paced roles in which you must be willing to be flexible in working.
Great Bank to work for
COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny17 November 2018
Bank of Ireland are very good to their staff. They are very supportive when it comes to extra education and will cover the costs of the QFA exams and give extra annual leave as study days.
Bank Official (Former Employee) –  Droim Seanbhó, County Leitrim2 November 2018
Loved all aspects of the work.....customer service, product sales, cashier etc..actively encouraged and given time off to avail of courses offered in order to upskill or learn about new product arriving on the market.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Late evenings
Good Company, Opportunities Have Become Limited
Helpdesk Call Agent/Fraud Response Team (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
I am fully QFA(Qualified Financial Adviser) as of July 2017

have worked on both the operations(back office) side and the customer to customer helpdesk & query side.

I have also been part of a project Team to identify Fraudulent transactions & cancel fraud payments before leaving customers account. If unsuccessful we also made our best effort to recoup the customers funds.

Currently my day to day tasks include processing, ordering, re-issuing, & cancelling Business Credit Cards.

I am in direct contact with the Companies themselves for any requests or queries.

I also compile MIS reports & QA of all work carried out by the Team on a Day to Day basis.

I like to work here as staff are treated well & fair, but opportunities are becoming more limited, with robotics systems being rolled out.

Also there are very few employee incentive schemes.
Pros
Comfortable Working Environment. Job Security
Cons
No Free Lunches. No Colleage Rewards. No incentives i.e. bonus, gifts, promotions etc. Very low focus on employee moral, which I feel is vital.
Productive workplace
Executive Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  IE5 October 2018
Approachable management
Engaging staff
Restructures of teams, groups provide new opportunities
Social, charity and sports events available
Flexible working being piloted

3.Management was kind but let us be independent

4.Mostly independent working with occasional teamwork for projects

5.Learning how to photocopy

6.The general workplace environment
Pros
Very good canteen, Casual Fridays
Cons
Bit of a trek to get there
Enjoyable
Welcome advisor (Former Employee) –  IE15 August 2018
as someone who always worked in hotels and the service industry my time in back or ireland was a welcome change, i enjoyed the pace of the bank and the management were amazing.
Pros
9-5, Weekends off
Cons
difficult customers
Hard working fast pace
Welcome Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fermoy, County Cork15 August 2018
I worked with Bank of Ireland on a Summer internship. It was a great learning curve for me, but the bank I worked in was very old fashioned and allot of workers didn't like the change of automation or welcoming new employees.
Customer Focused
Welcome advisor (Former Employee) –  IE30 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Bank of Ireland. i enjoyed dealing with the customers and assisting there daily needs. I worked along side management when new staff members where employed to train them in on the systems and help them along the way of there yearly probation. There was many changes in the banking system in which computers and machines replaced staff. Alot of elderly customers found it hard with the change and there was a limit of how much we could assist them.
Pros
different challenges everyday
Cons
changes to customer service set up
Excellent
Operations and Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 July 2018
The staff that helped our school bank were incredibly friendly, efficient and easy to work with. We learned about how banks operated and again I got experience selling and promoting the bank to students in my school.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Payments subject matter expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 July 2018
Bank of Ireland is a great place to work, They are very friendly and fair, you are rewarded for hard work. They believe in furthering education and there are multiple course available for staff to take to enhance their skills and develop their career.
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 May 2018
I found Bank of Ireland to be a good place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities for further education/training and also opportunities for advancement.
as above
Senior Bank Official (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2018
Salary was great, hours were excellent. Job was secure. work was repetitive with little chance of promotion. I left to find a more challenging job and life.
Pros
Salary hours
Cons
repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.