Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

not the greatest
personal lender up to 65k (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 January 2019
moving within BOI is difficult. salary moving internally doesnt go in line with the role.
they do provide great training and other education
systems are out dated
Pros
education
Cons
salary and progression
Productive and good place to work
Customer Service Full Banking (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland10 January 2019
Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well.
Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.
Pros
work conditions very good
Cons
can be asked to work Christmas day
flexible working in multiple roles
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland8 January 2019
Learn in role, on job.

Could work on management in all areas between colleagues to work together, staffing numbers would assist in this area also.

Large amount of information to be learnt in all areas, fast paced roles in which you must be willing to be flexible in working.
Great Bank to work for
COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny17 November 2018
Bank of Ireland are very good to their staff. They are very supportive when it comes to extra education and will cover the costs of the QFA exams and give extra annual leave as study days.
Bank Official (Former Employee) –  Droim Seanbhó, County Leitrim2 November 2018
Loved all aspects of the work.....customer service, product sales, cashier etc..actively encouraged and given time off to avail of courses offered in order to upskill or learn about new product arriving on the market.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Late evenings
Good Company, Opportunities Have Become Limited
Helpdesk Call Agent/Fraud Response Team (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
I am fully QFA(Qualified Financial Adviser) as of July 2017

have worked on both the operations(back office) side and the customer to customer helpdesk & query side.

I have also been part of a project Team to identify Fraudulent transactions & cancel fraud payments before leaving customers account. If unsuccessful we also made our best effort to recoup the customers funds.

Currently my day to day tasks include processing, ordering, re-issuing, & cancelling Business Credit Cards.

I am in direct contact with the Companies themselves for any requests or queries.

I also compile MIS reports & QA of all work carried out by the Team on a Day to Day basis.

I like to work here as staff are treated well & fair, but opportunities are becoming more limited, with robotics systems being rolled out.

Also there are very few employee incentive schemes.
Pros
Comfortable Working Environment. Job Security
Cons
No Free Lunches. No Colleage Rewards. No incentives i.e. bonus, gifts, promotions etc. Very low focus on employee moral, which I feel is vital.
Productive workplace
Executive Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  IE5 October 2018
Approachable management
Engaging staff
Restructures of teams, groups provide new opportunities
Social, charity and sports events available
Flexible working being piloted

3.Management was kind but let us be independent

4.Mostly independent working with occasional teamwork for projects

5.Learning how to photocopy

6.The general workplace environment
Pros
Very good canteen, Casual Fridays
Cons
Bit of a trek to get there
Enjoyable
Welcome advisor (Former Employee) –  IE15 August 2018
as someone who always worked in hotels and the service industry my time in back or ireland was a welcome change, i enjoyed the pace of the bank and the management were amazing.
Pros
9-5, Weekends off
Cons
difficult customers
Hard working fast pace
Welcome Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fermoy, County Cork15 August 2018
I worked with Bank of Ireland on a Summer internship. It was a great learning curve for me, but the bank I worked in was very old fashioned and allot of workers didn't like the change of automation or welcoming new employees.
Customer Focused
Welcome advisor (Former Employee) –  IE30 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Bank of Ireland. i enjoyed dealing with the customers and assisting there daily needs. I worked along side management when new staff members where employed to train them in on the systems and help them along the way of there yearly probation. There was many changes in the banking system in which computers and machines replaced staff. Alot of elderly customers found it hard with the change and there was a limit of how much we could assist them.
Pros
different challenges everyday
Cons
changes to customer service set up
Excellent
Operations and Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 July 2018
The staff that helped our school bank were incredibly friendly, efficient and easy to work with. We learned about how banks operated and again I got experience selling and promoting the bank to students in my school.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Payments subject matter expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 July 2018
Bank of Ireland is a great place to work, They are very friendly and fair, you are rewarded for hard work. They believe in furthering education and there are multiple course available for staff to take to enhance their skills and develop their career.
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 May 2018
I found Bank of Ireland to be a good place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities for further education/training and also opportunities for advancement.
as above
Senior Bank Official (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2018
Salary was great, hours were excellent. Job was secure. work was repetitive with little chance of promotion. I left to find a more challenging job and life.
Pros
Salary hours
Cons
repetitive
Work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 May 2018
It was my first time working within an office environment. I learned how to create invoice letter. The staff were friendly and approachable each day. Nice work place environment.
Enjoyed my time in Bank of Ireland and learnt alot of skills
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Donegal17 April 2018
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 years with Bank of Ireland. I gained a wealth of knowledge and personally it was a time in my career where I am seeking a change of culture and environment.
Payments Specialist - Full Time - Contract (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin13 March 2018
Great work and life balance, not much job security, management very supportive. Money not that great, no perm contracts. Great staff and working conditions.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
no perm contracts
IT technical architect (Former Employee) –  Cabinteely Ireland13 March 2018
Good place to work. Echo friendly environment too.Amazing job/Life balance culture.In fact it offers good infrastructure for being productive. Indeed a friendly environment.
Great organisation
Risk & Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  IE1 March 2018
Good job security in Bank of Ireland. I learned a lot about the law with regards to AML and CFT which was interesting. It is a great place to work to start a professional career.