Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 May 2018
It was my first time working within an office environment. I learned how to create invoice letter. The staff were friendly and approachable each day. Nice work place environment.
Enjoyed my time in Bank of Ireland and learnt alot of skills
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Donegal17 April 2018
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 years with Bank of Ireland. I gained a wealth of knowledge and personally it was a time in my career where I am seeking a change of culture and environment.
Payments Specialist - Full Time - Contract (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin13 March 2018
Great work and life balance, not much job security, management very supportive. Money not that great, no perm contracts. Great staff and working conditions.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
no perm contracts
Great organisation
Risk & Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  IE1 March 2018
Good job security in Bank of Ireland. I learned a lot about the law with regards to AML and CFT which was interesting. It is a great place to work to start a professional career.
Account Management Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  IE26 February 2018
A great place to work with amazing team and staff giving guidance and coaching, and provide direction where required.

I have established and continue to maintain excellent relationships with many stakeholders across the Bank and my communication skills have proved vital in this regard.
excellent opportunities for learning and advancement
bank official (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath13 February 2018
i was acting customer service manager in a retail branch. my typical day involved managing staff in the office, running the office on a day to day basis, dealing with customer queries, helping the manager organise sales meetings, dealing with all compliance procedures.
Pros
lots of opportunites and experience
Cons
i was an acting assistant manager but on a lower pay scale.
An organisation in constant change
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork7 February 2018
Used to be a very good place to progress and learn but in recent years opportunities for staff progression have diminished.

Very little development and support of staff and people are generally expected to train themselves.

Very heavily sales orientated with targets prioritised over competent and thorough customer advice. Short term focus with little concern about building long term relationships.

The staff are great and do as much as they can in very difficult circumstances
Business development internally and externally
Enterprise Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin12 January 2018
Collaborating with business banking to effectively meet the needs of local markets with the mutual benefit of delivering sector relevant events within community. Developing and delivering content in the process.
Must be very organised
Management of 3 staff
Work culture is improving within the bank with strong value being embedded
My commute from Tipperary to Dublin
Meeting so many people and seeing your products being successful
Pros
Growing my network, expenses, overnight stays
Cons
Long hours, worklife balance
Unpleasnat Role
Fraud Analyst (AML) (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 January 2018
Unpleasant role with unpleasant management. Working as a contractor for BOI, the job and management were unpleasant to their staff. It made it difficult to come into the work place.
Good place to work great team and support
Bank Official (Current Employee) –  Cabinteely, County Dublin1 December 2017
There is good cross training across departments and getting an overall view of different departments. Very diversified.

Good management team and good support from colleagues and managers.
Challenging but rewarding job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterford26 October 2017
Overall I enjoyed my experience in the bank. However some days it could be extremely hard and tiring work. Management were always extremely helpful whenever a situation arose that I was unable to deal with. I learned an awful lot in my short time in the bank and it has given me many skills that I feel I can apply to any job in the future.
Challenging, demanding & rewarding
Senior Bank Official (Former Employee) –  multiple25 October 2017
Experience gained in staff education, product development, nationwide delivery of systems, & products, procedures and compliance within a regulated environment
Pros
job security, wide variety of tasks
Cons
travel to city centre
n/a
Product Owner/Stream Lead (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 October 2017
Good environment to work in, willingness to apply the agile methodology and change management practices to support the program of change. Culture and environment always has you on your toes.
great company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clare9 October 2017
I enjoyed worked for Bank of Ireland. The money was good, made lots of friends, managmenent were very reasonable and fair. Worked there for a good number of years.
Challenging and very uncertain.
Welcome Advisor (Current Employee) –  Connacht23 September 2017
I've been working with BOI for the last few months while they implement the move to self service and half day cash services in branch. I received no training whatsoever and was expected to hit the ground running. Every day is a challenge when dealing with customers who are told they can only access part of their account balance due to cash counters closing, who are made to cancel a DD or SO online, or who have to give notice to withdraw over 5k. In my opinion the branch staff are there to take the abuse and get on with it for a poor salary. The job itself has become somewhat easier since the changes have taken place, however my colleagues and I still receive daily complaints from irate customers, with some personal attacks. Most of my time is spent showing customers how to use the self service devices, setting up new accounts and registering customers for 365 Online. The afternoons are usually very quiet as customers just use the devices without requiring assistance. In my current branch, the staff get on very well and pull together for the sake of getting a job done but the workplace culture of BOI and the supposed perks and progression routes they advertise, are non existent. For a younger person, it is not ideal as there are no outlets or potential for staff events.
Pros
Staff get on very well, work is relatively easy once you get settled, working hours are not very long.
Cons
No consideration for staff, poor salary, no social events or potential for networking.
Productive and Professional Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 September 2017
Customer Centricity prevails. Strong work ethic within teams and across channels. Supportive culture - of self, team and all work colleagues. Focus on personal and professional development - consistent support available in this regard.
Good company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 August 2017
A very inclusive, accommodating and opportunity filled company. Good benefits and a great working atmosphere. Sometimes atmosphere was quite relaxed, and it wasn't the most innovative company.
Pros
Inclusive
Cons
Lacked innovation
career enhancing
Customer Services & Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 August 2017
Bank of Ireland has provided me with a career in financial service,customer service and customer care, which i now would like to enhance going forward.
Good team and management
Business Analyst - Migration (ACBS) (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 July 2017
A typical day at work is Exceeding my goal and this is paramount.

What have learned - Do not give excuses but learn and make corrections.

Management in BOI - Have always work to details and loyal to my employer.

My last employer (BOI)The workplace culture is one of the best have experienced.

Hardest part of the job - I will not call it the "hardest part of the job" but learning on the job. There are days the target looks impossible but as a professional Business Analyst, research is my weapon and have always used it to combat a bad day and it as never failed me.

Enjoyable part of the job - When I achieve and exceed my goal as a professional Business Analyst in a project.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Over worked and underpaid
Risk and Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2017
Bank of Ireland really don't value their staff. Their workplace culture is almost non existent and it can be difficult to get credit for the work you have completed. Neither show signs of changing any time soon.
Pros
Few and far between
Cons
No workplace culture what so ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.