Bank of Ireland
Bank of Ireland Employee Review

Customer Focused

30 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Bank of Ireland. i enjoyed dealing with the customers and assisting there daily needs. I worked along side management when new staff members where employed to train them in on the systems and help them along the way of there yearly probation. There was many changes in the banking system in which computers and machines replaced staff. Alot of elderly customers found it hard with the change and there was a limit of how much we could assist them.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
different challenges everyday
Cons
changes to customer service set up
15 August 2018
Same roleSame location
Welcome advisor (Former Employee) - IE
as someone who always worked in hotels and the service industry my time in back or ireland was a welcome change, i enjoyed the pace of the bank and the management were amazing.
Pros
9-5, Weekends off
Cons
difficult customers
22 March 2021
Loans Collections Associate (Former Employee) - Kilkenny
Management left much to be desired. Team leader was very arrogant. Customers super temperamental. Training was haphazard. I did not feel supported at all during my time there.
Pros
Free lunch, kind colleagues
Cons
Horrible management and customers
13 January 2021
Collections Correspondent (Former Employee) - Limerick
Customers phone enquiring about finance rates.You agree on an acceptable rateCompleted a credit application and arrange approval/declineFollow up with documentation adhering to strict anti money laundering and customer identification procedures.Always working under time pressure and meeting customer expectations.Great satisfaction in meeting customers needs and booking the deal.The pace of change and new procedures were always challenging.
Pros
Company car, expenses, good salary
Cons
Mostly in a self employed mode.