Bank of Ireland
View all Bank of Ireland reviews

Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Review

Enjoyed my time in Bank of Ireland and learnt alot of skills

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 years with Bank of Ireland. I gained a wealth of knowledge and personally it was a time in my career where I am seeking a change of culture and environment.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Excellent employer

Very supportive management. Good career opportunities. Excellent support for employees through Be at your best programme. ...................................................
Same role

Enjoyable, interacting with customers and staff

The most enjoyable part of my role is developing and coaching staff. It gives me great satisfaction to bring staff on the journey of development and growth. Is is important to set out clear objectives, and monitor the progress. I have excellent communication skills and my staff understand what is expected of them throughout their development. I sit in on their meetings and provide feedback and we discuss the successes and challenges at our weekly one to one meetings. As a Financial Advisor, I advise clients daily from deposit investors to Farmers to Business Clients. It gives me great satisfaction in giving my customers advice that will enable them to reach their financial goals in life. As a business we are going through huge transformation, and it is important to have an open mind and learn new skills.

Pros

great company to work for, good pension scheme

Cons

Long hours and demanding workload.

Paid time off

Being from the United States, I was thrilled to be offered 12 weeks paid time off my first year. They were understanding, as its part of their culture to have life outside of your job.

Pros

Community atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement