Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Busy and Underpaid

The job itself is not too difficult although you need to be prepared to deal with unpleasant customers and difficult situations. Strict deadlines to meet everyday and overall overworked for just above minimum wage position.

Pros

Canteen on site, ongoing compliance training

Cons

Understaffed, no pathway for progression, management biased

Accuracy and Great Attention to Detail Needed

I found my working experience at Bank of Ireland was very pleasant, colleagues really friendly, Management and staff were very polite and very helpful in any advice I needed, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. I always looked forward going to work everyday, I would definitely recommend Bank of Ireland to anyone.

Pros

Overall experience was excellent. Pay very good.

Cons

Friendly workplace with okay salary.

If you work for the bank in a non customer facing role such as office administration then it is fairly flexible and easy going place to work. However if you work in the contact centre/customer facing role there is little flexibility over ways of working and it can be quite stressful at times due to high targets needing to be met and high call volumes. Regardless of what area of the business you work in most colleagues and managers are easy to talk to and friendly.

Pros

Flexible ways of working, Ability to WFH in most roles, Friendly and helpful management, Comprehensive training and support for customer facing roles, Dress code is reasonable with a ‘dress for your day’ policy.

Cons

Low pay in comparison to the same role in other banks, Few options to increase pay or get bonuses, Not many options to progress upwards, Most internal moves are side steps.

Paid time off

Being from the United States, I was thrilled to be offered 12 weeks paid time off my first year. They were understanding, as its part of their culture to have life outside of your job.

Pros

Community atmosphere

I enjoyed working for Bank of Ireland. The hours suited me and the management were very flexible. I would have preferred a better training schedule, at times it felt a bit too laid back

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Training could be better

Interesting and enjoyable work

An ever changing environment where staff are constantly upskilling and adapting to change. Good work life balance becoming more of a priority but unfortunately closure of rural branches ongoing.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Lots of changes

Poor workplace culture and no permanent opportunities

Contracted 12 monthsApplied for 15 jobs (both externally and internally)Feedback from HR extremely poor and no follow up. Told there is no possibility of to apply as contractor. Would not recommend anyone to this company if contracted and looking for permanent position.

Pros

Close to city centre

Cons

Poor training, poor team collaboration, hierarchical. HR are not helpful

Stressful role, toxic culture

A very stressful place to work. Management are not supportive. Workload prioritisation is a huge issue and there are no opportunities for career advancement.

Pros

WFH forever is possible, flexible hours depending on your role, compensation is good

Cons

Many days with no breaks, no career advancement, toxic culture especially within management

It's a job

Interview was misleading. The job entails much more than what one is led to believe. Machines very old fashioned. Nothing is explained properly to staff. Way too many changes on a weekly basis. No commission for sales

Pros

Great people, great company.

Excellent atmosphere to work in, very supportive and will listen to any issues. Flexible hours if necessary, great work/life balance here and always looking to support the local community.

Pros

Colleagues, pension, work culture.

Cons

Lots to learn. Super intense.

Management left much to be desired. Team leader was very arrogant. Customers super temperamental. Training was haphazard. I did not feel supported at all during my time there.

Pros

Free lunch, kind colleagues

Cons

Horrible management and customers

Good Work / Life Balance, however little opportunities to learn and grow

Goow work / life balance, supportive management and good pension contribution, however there are little opportunities to learn and grow. Pay is lower than other international companies and while it is a large organisation, you kind of get the feeling of being left out.

Pros

Work / Life Balance, good management, good pension

Cons

Low salary and additional benefits compared to international companies

Always challenging and ever changing

Customers phone enquiring about finance rates.You agree on an acceptable rateCompleted a credit application and arrange approval/declineFollow up with documentation adhering to strict anti money laundering and customer identification procedures.Always working under time pressure and meeting customer expectations.Great satisfaction in meeting customers needs and booking the deal.The pace of change and new procedures were always challenging.

Pros

Company car, expenses, good salary

Cons

Mostly in a self employed mode.

Stressed and overworked

I've worked for the company for 8 years. It used to be a well organised, busy but pleasant place to work. Within the last 3 years, we've experience a massive workforce downsizing through an outsourcing programme with the promise of widespread technology changes. Capacity plans were manipulated by senior managers in order to meet their cost reduction requirements and no new technology has been brought in to date within my department. We're constantly pressured to keep delivering results with little or no support from the management team above us. Customers needs are not being met and staff walfare is ignored.

Pros

Flexible remote working is available now

Cons

Long hours, highly pressured, key issues are ignored by our management structure

Good work life balance

Regular Office hours and work life balance Nice team And interesting projects Hours were regular and overtime optional Various teams working in same area

Pros

Hours

Cons

Office

Good Learning

Good place to work and having more scope for leaning.Good team work.Collabrative things.Things move slowly because of regulations.Work from home facility is there .Work life balance if good.

I did not enjoy working for BOI

I worked with bank of Ireland for 10 years. I found this company to lack organisational ability and offered little or no opportunities to employees who wished to better themselves or seek promotion.

I enjoyed my time in BOI, learned loads and the experience was invaluable. Great company to work for. Management were mostly great with a few exceptions as per every company. Great company for advancement and my colleagues were brilliant.

Excellent place to work

Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............

Productive workplace

Bank of Ireland is very good place to start your career in finance. In the bank there is a lot of space to grow and in one year that i am in the Bank i can tell i learned a lot about finance, and that will definitely help me in the future career.

Pruductive and fun workplace

My time with the Bank has always been enjoyable. I have made good friends, the work has been interesting and management is very open to ideas and suggestion to improve the customer experience,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement