Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............
Good place to work and having more scope for leaning.Good team work.Collabrative things.Things move slowly because of regulations.Work from home facility is there .Work life balance if good.
I worked with bank of Ireland for 10 years. I found this company to lack organisational ability and offered little or no opportunities to employees who wished to better themselves or seek promotion.
I enjoyed my time in BOI, learned loads and the experience was invaluable. Great company to work for. Management were mostly great with a few exceptions as per every company. Great company for advancement and my colleagues were brilliant.
Bank of Ireland is very good place to start your career in finance. In the bank there is a lot of space to grow and in one year that i am in the Bank i can tell i learned a lot about finance, and that will definitely help me in the future career.
My time with the Bank has always been enjoyable. I have made good friends, the work has been interesting and management is very open to ideas and suggestion to improve the customer experience,
Worked with a team . Fast paced but always support when needed . I worked shift so had plenty of time off to enjoy life also. Worked with great people and salary was good with benefits.
Management style & overall management team need to enter the 21st century. No work life balance, little understanding of life outside of the bank. No opportunities for working from home, part time work or job sharing. A lot of very highly skilled mothers have left their employment because of these issues. It needs to be addressed if women are ever expected to stay in the workplace. Although it is not just a problem in bank of Ireland, it is particularly prevalent from 20 years experience working there
I loved working with Bank of Ireland. It is a very good firm. Got chance to work on multiple projects with different skill sets required. They offer wonderful opportunity in terms of working and learning parallel.
good environment of work and helpful management. salaries are always on time. chances to move abroad to join the head office. being a out source employee its kind of feeling that restrict to make more decision where you have more opportunities to grab. for better future
Worked on BoI account via Accenture for 12 plus years delivering a wide range of training courses but classroom and virtual to employees of Bank of Ireland.
Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone
Good company to work with nice work culture, goof work life balance,Good management, less salary, Good work culture, good paid leaves good experience.
If you are Call Centre based then inflexible late allowance is frustrating - no matter based on "acts of God"/ a meteorite strike etc ...

Good place to work though, good people and a company that wants to do the right thing just a little slow to get there.
I can expose myself if I get better opportunity. I hope indeed will help me to settle in good career. Thanks to indeed for their help to people who are waiting tfor job
I worked in the contact centre in Tallaght. The people are great but the job itself can be stressful and draining. Taking 70+ calls a day can be tough. I was lucky enough to progress in my role, eventually being able to train new staff members in and not taking many calls at all.

It's a great job when you're just out of college. The hours are flexible and they've recently introduced a 4 day working week which for me, was great.
To much gossip no hands in action, and you will be evaluated not by your work or achievement but for what other people say about you, their system is make for you to fail, o matter how good you are or how brilliant solutions you can give, what maters the most is just to be a sheep, no complaint or give ideas for better customer experience.
Pros
non
Cons
many
I worked during a time where staff and the bank union were at loggerheads with management. The staff were really good to me a newbie who was only there for a matter of a few months. However it was stressful due to the poor atmosphere due to the union and management troubles.
Spent over 30 years at the company and enjoyed most of my time there - especially in the early years.
The customer service provided was second to none.
Best company to have worked for though it needs a lot of restructuring as costs are high so generally pay can be on the lower end of the scale. overall great culture
Whether you work in branch sector , in Operations or in IT , you can be sure of a busy and fulfilling day. There is a strong culture of teamwork in offsite facilities. Branches have changed a lot in the past few years and the most difficult part of the job there is to manage the expectations of customers in a changing digital environment.