Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews in Cork, County Cork

3.3Job security & advancement

An organisation in constant change

Used to be a very good place to progress and learn but in recent years opportunities for staff progression have diminished. Very little development and support of staff and people are generally expected to train themselves. Very heavily sales orientated with targets prioritised over competent and thorough customer advice. Short term focus with little concern about building long term relationships. The staff are great and do as much as they can in very difficult circumstances

see below

I found working with Bank of Ireland Finance a very rewarding experience. . I was allowed work in an area that suited my ability. There was always great team work in my section. The hardest part of the job was staff shortages at busy times of the year.

Pros

friendly atmosphere

Cons

short staff

Great place to work, got on well with staff

Cash or batch operator Cash ordering and submitting. Responsible for balancing at the end of the day. Foreign exchange - ordering and submitting excess. Meeting people daily at the counter and advising them of products. I learned a lot especially in the smaller branches as I was doing more. I got on well with all the staff. The hardest part of the job was when the cash didn't balance and trying to find the error. The most enjoyable part was meeting people and becoming more confident in myself.

Pros

staff nights out

Cons

pressure to sell various products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement