Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin70 reviews
Productive workplace
Bank of Ireland is very good place to start your career in finance. In the bank there is a lot of space to grow and in one year that i am in the Bank i can tell i learned a lot about finance, and that will definitely help me in the future career.
Good Learning
Good place to work and having more scope for leaning.Good team work.Collabrative things.Things move slowly because of regulations.Work from home facility is there .Work life balance if good.
Great to work for . Good benefits .
Worked with a team . Fast paced but always support when needed . I worked shift so had plenty of time off to enjoy life also. Worked with great people and salary was good with benefits.
Excellent
I loved working with Bank of Ireland. It is a very good firm. Got chance to work on multiple projects with different skill sets required. They offer wonderful opportunity in terms of working and learning parallel.
Boi risk
Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone
stressfull
To much gossip no hands in action, and you will be evaluated not by your work or achievement but for what other people say about you, their system is make for you to fail, o matter how good you are or how brilliant solutions you can give, what maters the most is just to be a sheep, no complaint or give ideas for better customer experience.
Pros
non
Cons
many
Challenging and productive environment
Whether you work in branch sector , in Operations or in IT , you can be sure of a busy and fulfilling day. There is a strong culture of teamwork in offsite facilities. Branches have changed a lot in the past few years and the most difficult part of the job there is to manage the expectations of customers in a changing digital environment.
productive and friendly environment to work in with the option to move to different departments
i work in the business online department and help customers with businesses or employees working in the business with payment queries. I also help them navigate through the online website when it comes to organising accounts that they have.
I was employed as a DRC working on Core Banking Systems Project. The management & team ensured that there was a healthy work culture, promoting an agile & unified approach to the project.

Elements of the project were difficult at times but support from management & colleagues was there in abundance.
Pros
Salary, Project, Management
Cons
Location, Commute was difficult
Productive, non-stop environment.
Was a good place to work, but lack of staff motivation began to create a few bumps in the road. Staff where great and fun to work with. Heavy work load everyday.
Pros
Great staff, good hours, subsidized canteen
Cons
Early mornings, heavy work load, lack of motivation
Progressive workplace
If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, this can be a good place to work. With various locations available, travel times can be reduced. salaries vary depending on experience and grades. There are good educational supports available within the company.
Pros
subsidised canteen, good senior management
Cons
shift work timimgs can change to meet changing business needs
Good Place to work
It was a good place to work and had the opportunity to learn new things from Bank of Ireland. A day in the Bank of Ireland starts with a busy schedule because I was handling multiple teams located in different countries with different time zones. I learned to handle the remote team in different countries with different culture and different time zones. The hardest part of the job was test data management. I need to rely on the third party for test data and generation of test data is complicated
Pros
Good environment
not the greatest
moving within BOI is difficult. salary moving internally doesnt go in line with the role.
they do provide great training and other education

systems are out dated
Pros
education
Cons
salary and progression
Productive and good place to work
Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well.
Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.
Pros
work conditions very good
Cons
can be asked to work Christmas day
Good Company, Opportunities Have Become Limited
I am fully QFA(Qualified Financial Adviser) as of July 2017

have worked on both the operations(back office) side and the customer to customer helpdesk & query side.

I have also been part of a project Team to identify Fraudulent transactions & cancel fraud payments before leaving customers account. If unsuccessful we also made our best effort to recoup the customers funds.

Currently my day to day tasks include processing, ordering, re-issuing, & cancelling Business Credit Cards.

I am in direct contact with the Companies themselves for any requests or queries.

I also compile MIS reports & QA of all work carried out by the Team on a Day to Day basis.

I like to work here as staff are treated well & fair, but opportunities are becoming more limited, with robotics systems being rolled out.

Also there are very few employee incentive schemes.
Pros
Comfortable Working Environment. Job Security
Cons
No Free Lunches. No Colleage Rewards. No incentives i.e. bonus, gifts, promotions etc. Very low focus on employee moral, which I feel is vital.
ty work experience
1.Mainly worked on the computer and helped organising

2.Learned the importance of costumer privacy

3.Management was kind but let us be independent

4.Mostly independent working with occasional teamwork for projects

5.Learning how to photocopy

6.The general workplace environment
Pros
Very good canteen, Casual Fridays
Cons
Bit of a trek to get there
Excellent
The staff that helped our school bank were incredibly friendly, efficient and easy to work with. We learned about how banks operated and again I got experience selling and promoting the bank to students in my school.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Bank of Ireland is a great place to work, They are very friendly and fair, you are rewarded for hard work. They believe in furthering education and there are multiple course available for staff to take to enhance their skills and develop their career.
BIF was a very good place to work, with good teams and allowed to speak your mind- safe place to work and benefits were good. Good management and sales reps around the country
I found Bank of Ireland to be a good place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities for further education/training and also opportunities for advancement.
as above
Salary was great, hours were excellent. Job was secure. work was repetitive with little chance of promotion. I left to find a more challenging job and life.
Pros
Salary hours
Cons
repetitive
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.