Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews in Dublin, County Dublin

Dublin, County Dublin81 reviews

Be ready for a challenge

Good place to work but starting off the money is just ok. Calls are recorded and it's very easy to fail a call if you are not completely focused on what you are doing.

Pros

Colleagues are lovely

Cons

It's not what you know but who you know

Horrible staff and management, gave me horrible abuse and was just over all not a good experience very bad and dragged staff down, my main manager gave me an awful time very bad experience

Pros

Cons

Disgusting management

Bad place,no proper process, politics

Bad place,no proper process, politics, promoting friends instead of hard working peopleManagement is very poorBad work cultureImprovement is not encouraged. People are not willing to learn or embrace new things

great as an entry level position but no career progression

Great when you start but soon you realise that its not a great place to work, increased workload the longer you are here with no increase in pay. No benefits, very poor systems , no career progression opportunites

Pros

good overtime, on site canteen

Cons

very outdated and poor performing systems, salary is very poor for the workload, no progression, dont want to promote people, nearly impossible to get any sort of payrise

Avoid at all costs

Terrible terrible salary for the immense work load and the managers and line managers co conspire to undermine workers and harvest a toxic environment

Fun

Good place to work. Flexible working options. Good support to learn and switch between roles. Salary isn't great and progression is slow. Good management

Great staff

Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Flexible hours. A number of changes in location but the city centre locations were very convenient.

Pros

Flexitime friendly staff location

Cons

A number of location changes

Accuracy and Great Attention to Detail Needed

I found my working experience at Bank of Ireland was very pleasant, colleagues really friendly, Management and staff were very polite and very helpful in any advice I needed, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. I always looked forward going to work everyday, I would definitely recommend Bank of Ireland to anyone.

Pros

Overall experience was excellent. Pay very good.

Paid time off

Being from the United States, I was thrilled to be offered 12 weeks paid time off my first year. They were understanding, as its part of their culture to have life outside of your job.

Pros

Community atmosphere

Busy and Underpaid

The job itself is not too difficult although you need to be prepared to deal with unpleasant customers and difficult situations. Strict deadlines to meet everyday and overall overworked for just above minimum wage position.

Pros

Canteen on site, ongoing compliance training

Cons

Understaffed, no pathway for progression, management biased

Good work life balance

Regular Office hours and work life balance Nice team And interesting projects Hours were regular and overtime optional Various teams working in same area

Pros

Hours

Cons

Office

Good Learning

Good place to work and having more scope for leaning.Good team work.Collabrative things.Things move slowly because of regulations.Work from home facility is there .Work life balance if good.

Productive workplace

Bank of Ireland is very good place to start your career in finance. In the bank there is a lot of space to grow and in one year that i am in the Bank i can tell i learned a lot about finance, and that will definitely help me in the future career.

Great to work for . Good benefits .

Worked with a team . Fast paced but always support when needed . I worked shift so had plenty of time off to enjoy life also. Worked with great people and salary was good with benefits.

Excellent

I loved working with Bank of Ireland. It is a very good firm. Got chance to work on multiple projects with different skill sets required. They offer wonderful opportunity in terms of working and learning parallel.

Boi risk

Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone

stressfull

To much gossip no hands in action, and you will be evaluated not by your work or achievement but for what other people say about you, their system is make for you to fail, o matter how good you are or how brilliant solutions you can give, what maters the most is just to be a sheep, no complaint or give ideas for better customer experience.

Pros

non

Cons

many

Challenging and productive environment

Whether you work in branch sector , in Operations or in IT , you can be sure of a busy and fulfilling day. There is a strong culture of teamwork in offsite facilities. Branches have changed a lot in the past few years and the most difficult part of the job there is to manage the expectations of customers in a changing digital environment.

productive and friendly environment to work in with the option to move to different departments

i work in the business online department and help customers with businesses or employees working in the business with payment queries. I also help them navigate through the online website when it comes to organising accounts that they have.

I was employed as a DRC working on Core Banking Systems Project. The management & team ensured that there was a healthy work culture, promoting an agile & unified approach to the project. Elements of the project were difficult at times but support from management & colleagues was there in abundance.

Pros

Salary, Project, Management

Cons

Location, Commute was difficult

Productive, non-stop environment.

Was a good place to work, but lack of staff motivation began to create a few bumps in the road. Staff where great and fun to work with. Heavy work load everyday.

Pros

Great staff, good hours, subsidized canteen

Cons

Early mornings, heavy work load, lack of motivation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement