Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews for Bank Officer

Can be stressful due to staff shortage .

The banking sector is changing with the times. There is however a shortage of front line staff to assist with customer expectations. Customers expectations are changing as is the way that banking is progressing. It is becoming more automated and less paper transactions.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Lack of staff.

i love my job i give 110% to all i do

I love the people the staff the fast pace an ever changing queries but my heart is in weddings and events an i want to persue it i love to organise and plan i feel im good at this an know i can excel in this role

Loved all aspects of the work.....customer service, product sales, cashier etc..actively encouraged and given time off to avail of courses offered in order to upskill or learn about new product arriving on the market.

Pros

Uniform

Cons

Late evenings

excellent opportunities for learning and advancement

i was acting customer service manager in a retail branch. my typical day involved managing staff in the office, running the office on a day to day basis, dealing with customer queries, helping the manager organise sales meetings, dealing with all compliance procedures.

Pros

lots of opportunites and experience

Cons

i was an acting assistant manager but on a lower pay scale.

Good place to work great team and support

There is good cross training across departments and getting an overall view of different departments. Very diversified. Good management team and good support from colleagues and managers.

see below

I found working with Bank of Ireland Finance a very rewarding experience. . I was allowed work in an area that suited my ability. There was always great team work in my section. The hardest part of the job was staff shortages at busy times of the year.

Pros

friendly atmosphere

Cons

short staff

Very productive and great place to work

Bank of Ireland was a wonderful organization to work for. I spent many happy days there, and worked with wonderful people. Management were very helpful, and I worked very well with my co-workers. My typical day at work varied from day to day, customer service, Loan Admin, Cash control, Sales. The hardest part of my job was having to tell somebody they were not approved for a loan. I personally learned that if you have a healthy respect for Management and co-workers you will enjoy your job.

Pros

Making new friends, while learning something new every day.

Summary

I have worked for 15yrs with my current employer - In recent years with the economic situation banking has become somewhat challenging however I have always risen to the challenge and have given 100% to our customer. I am a strong team player believing fully in the power of one - meaning each team member needs to consider how there performance contributes to the overall team. I work well with management and co workers and have always been given favourable reviews. I have worked as a trainer and team leader - training new recruits with no experience to be fully compliant with bank procedure - I am a very capable person who performs well in a team environment. I believe I would be an asset to any team.

Good Company to work for

overall a good company,however currently going through major changes which impact the customers and have a knock-on effect on morale

Pros

good working conditions

Cons

changing culture in banking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement