Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews for Bank Officer

Bank Officer9 reviews
Ireland9 reviews
The banking sector is changing with the times. There is however a shortage of front line staff to assist with customer expectations. Customers expectations are changing as is the way that banking is progressing. It is becoming more automated and less paper transactions.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of staff.
I love the people the staff the fast pace an ever changing queries but my heart is in weddings and events an i want to persue it i love to organise and plan i feel im good at this an know i can excel in this role
Loved all aspects of the work.....customer service, product sales, cashier etc..actively encouraged and given time off to avail of courses offered in order to upskill or learn about new product arriving on the market.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Late evenings
i was acting customer service manager in a retail branch. my typical day involved managing staff in the office, running the office on a day to day basis, dealing with customer queries, helping the manager organise sales meetings, dealing with all compliance procedures.
Pros
lots of opportunites and experience
Cons
i was an acting assistant manager but on a lower pay scale.
There is good cross training across departments and getting an overall view of different departments. Very diversified.

Good management team and good support from colleagues and managers.
I found working with Bank of Ireland Finance a very rewarding experience. . I was allowed work in an area that suited my ability. There was always great team work in my section. The hardest part of the job was staff shortages at busy times of the year.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
short staff
Bank of Ireland was a wonderful organization to work for. I spent many happy days there, and worked with wonderful people. Management were very helpful, and I worked very well with my co-workers. My typical day at work varied from day to day, customer service, Loan Admin, Cash control, Sales. The hardest part of my job was having to tell somebody they were not approved for a loan.
I personally learned that if you have a healthy respect for Management and co-workers you will enjoy your job.
Pros
Making new friends, while learning something new every day.
I have worked for 15yrs with my current employer - In recent years with the economic situation banking has become somewhat challenging however I have always risen to the challenge and have given 100% to our customer. I am a strong team player believing fully in the power of one - meaning each team member needs to consider how there performance contributes to the overall team. I work well with management and co workers and have always been given favourable reviews. I have worked as a trainer and team leader - training new recruits with no experience to be fully compliant with bank procedure - I am a very capable person who performs well in a team environment. I believe I would be an asset to any team.
overall a good company,however currently going through major changes which impact the customers and have a knock-on effect on morale
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
changing culture in banking
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of Ireland?