Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative17 reviews
Ireland17 reviews

Busy and Underpaid

The job itself is not too difficult although you need to be prepared to deal with unpleasant customers and difficult situations. Strict deadlines to meet everyday and overall overworked for just above minimum wage position.

Pros

Canteen on site, ongoing compliance training

Cons

Understaffed, no pathway for progression, management biased

No Opportunities

To work here they want you to have qualifications but you never get to use them and the Management I worked didn't have any 3rd level qualifications. There is a Yes Man culture with management and they are quiet clickie.You cant take annual leave as when you start you are at the bottom of a big list and the summer is mainly gone. If you get invited to a wedding you might not get the day off if its already taken on the list.In Branch Banking the work is mainly Monkey See Monkey Do. You will be given training but not enough so you will be left feeling like a fool on occasion.Mainly contract staff now unless you build a special relationship! and get made permanent.I would not recommend leaving a job to come work here and if you do work here just use it for experience and leave at 2 years and try find something decent as otherwise they will take your good years and make you decide to "Take the Package" once you have kids and a mortgage.

Pros

you get paid

Cons

Cant take annual leave when you need, not a nice atmosphere, No Job Security realistically with banks going digital

Horrible staff and management, gave me horrible abuse and was just over all not a good experience very bad and dragged staff down, my main manager gave me an awful time very bad experience

Pros

Cons

Disgusting management

productive and friendly environment to work in with the option to move to different departments

i work in the business online department and help customers with businesses or employees working in the business with payment queries. I also help them navigate through the online website when it comes to organising accounts that they have.

Digital Costumer Service

This was a Transition Year project in accordance with the school. It was an interesting experience helping different students setting up their accounts. Nice team structure and good arrangement

Productive and good place to work

Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well. Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.

Pros

work conditions very good

Cons

can be asked to work Christmas day

Challenging but rewarding job

Overall I enjoyed my experience in the bank. However some days it could be extremely hard and tiring work. Management were always extremely helpful whenever a situation arose that I was unable to deal with. I learned an awful lot in my short time in the bank and it has given me many skills that I feel I can apply to any job in the future.

lovely culture and lovely atmosphere but have to work hard

I worked there for 13 years and I had a great time and learned so much. I made so many friends, learned so much, learned how to take up learning new systems from just one lesson. It teaches you how to be well disciplined and how to look after yourself and self manage your work. Attention to detail is very important.

Pros

people who we work with, culture

Cons

15 minutes for toilet break

Great learning Experience

I enjoyed my time with Bank of Ireland as it was my first corporate job and I learned the basics of customer service there. I worked with excellent leaders and mentors and developed both personally and professionally during my time there.

Good Team Spirit

Most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues, great family type team spirit. Was also offered good support in respect to time off and counselling due to illness.

Pros

a salary

Cons

late shifts and pay freeze for majority of my extended term of employment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of Ireland?

interesting new experience

a few of us from my year go selected to be a part of the school bank after interviews and i was selected for customer services. it ran for the school year 2013/2014. it was interesting as i hadn't seen myself working in the area of banking

Very good work enviorment

Work enviorment was very positive, encouragement given by Team Leaders with help on offer when required. Plenty of scope for advancement if ambitious. Typical day at work was spent on the phone, taking bank quiries from customers. Learnt how to problem solve and think on my feet. Co-workers were highly skilled and helpful at all times. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping solve issues for customers

Cons

Pay

Satisfactory

Teamwork was essential There was an element of stress therefore I was working part time for physical reasons as I have multiple sclerosis

Great place to work, got on well with staff

Cash or batch operator Cash ordering and submitting. Responsible for balancing at the end of the day. Foreign exchange - ordering and submitting excess. Meeting people daily at the counter and advising them of products. I learned a lot especially in the smaller branches as I was doing more. I got on well with all the staff. The hardest part of the job was when the cash didn't balance and trying to find the error. The most enjoyable part was meeting people and becoming more confident in myself.

Pros

staff nights out

Cons

pressure to sell various products

Great Staff and Fun place to work

I learned a lot in Bank of Ireland, phone manner, work ethic and it had a great staff moral, i learned how to be part of a team and also to work on my own initiative

Pros

great staff, great staff nights out

Cons

always busy

Boiss

Taken over by Northern Trust 2011, good working environment

productive and friendly workplace

As a customer service agent, I take calls from both business and personal customers requesting information on their accounts. It was a demanding role and could get stressfull at times due to the volumn of calls and customers getting upset about their financial affairs, but it could also be rewarding due to different incentives provided by the management . The teamleaders and management were very helpful and professional. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Working with my team made the job enjoyable.

Pros

friendly enviroment

Cons

lack of car parking places for work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bank of Ireland with

• Bank of Ireland
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?