Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

The job itself is not too difficult although you need to be prepared to deal with unpleasant customers and difficult situations. Strict deadlines to meet everyday and overall overworked for just above minimum wage position.
Pros
Canteen on site, ongoing compliance training
Cons
Understaffed, no pathway for progression, management biased
i work in the business online department and help customers with businesses or employees working in the business with payment queries. I also help them navigate through the online website when it comes to organising accounts that they have.
This was a Transition Year project in accordance with the school. It was an interesting experience helping different students setting up their accounts. Nice team structure and good arrangement
Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well. Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.
Pros
work conditions very good
Cons
can be asked to work Christmas day
Overall I enjoyed my experience in the bank. However some days it could be extremely hard and tiring work. Management were always extremely helpful whenever a situation arose that I was unable to deal with. I learned an awful lot in my short time in the bank and it has given me many skills that I feel I can apply to any job in the future.
I worked there for 13 years and I had a great time and learned so much. I made so many friends, learned so much, learned how to take up learning new systems from just one lesson. It teaches you how to be well disciplined and how to look after yourself and self manage your work. Attention to detail is very important.
Pros
people who we work with, culture
Cons
15 minutes for toilet break
I enjoyed my time with Bank of Ireland as it was my first corporate job and I learned the basics of customer service there. I worked with excellent leaders and mentors and developed both personally and professionally during my time there.
Most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues, great family type team spirit. Was also offered good support in respect to time off and counselling due to illness.
Pros
a salary
Cons
late shifts and pay freeze for majority of my extended term of employment
a few of us from my year go selected to be a part of the school bank after interviews and i was selected for customer services. it ran for the school year 2013/2014. it was interesting as i hadn't seen myself working in the area of banking
Work enviorment was very positive, encouragement given by Team Leaders with help on offer when required. Plenty of scope for advancement if ambitious. Typical day at work was spent on the phone, taking bank quiries from customers. Learnt how to problem solve and think on my feet. Co-workers were highly skilled and helpful at all times. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping solve issues for customers
Cons
Pay
Teamwork was essential There was an element of stress therefore I was working part time for physical reasons as I have multiple sclerosis
Cash or batch operator Cash ordering and submitting. Responsible for balancing at the end of the day. Foreign exchange - ordering and submitting excess. Meeting people daily at the counter and advising them of products. I learned a lot especially in the smaller branches as I was doing more. I got on well with all the staff. The hardest part of the job was when the cash didn't balance and trying to find the error. The most enjoyable part was meeting people and becoming more confident in myself.
Pros
staff nights out
Cons
pressure to sell various products
I learned a lot in Bank of Ireland, phone manner, work ethic and it had a great staff moral, i learned how to be part of a team and also to work on my own initiative
Pros
great staff, great staff nights out
Cons
always busy
Taken over by Northern Trust 2011, good working environment
As a customer service agent, I take calls from both business and personal customers requesting information on their accounts. It was a demanding role and could get stressfull at times due to the volumn of calls and customers getting upset about their financial affairs, but it could also be rewarding due to different incentives provided by the management . The teamleaders and management were very helpful and professional. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Working with my team made the job enjoyable.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
lack of car parking places for work
  1. Customer Service Representative