Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Culture reviews

Ireland160 reviews

Clear

It has changed dramatically through the years. It was once relationship driven now more computer focussed.

Typical Day was based in front of a computer, hardest part of the job was trying to get loans approved for people. Most enjoyable part was relationship building

No Opportunities

To work here they want you to have qualifications but you never get to use them and the Management I worked didn't have any 3rd level qualifications. There is a Yes Man culture with management and they are quiet clickie.You cant take annual leave as when you start you are at the bottom of a big list and the summer is mainly gone. If you get invited to a wedding you might not get the day off if its already taken on the list.In Branch Banking the work is mainly Monkey See Monkey Do. You will be given training but not enough so you will be left feeling like a fool on occasion.Mainly contract staff now unless you build a special relationship! and get made permanent.I would not recommend leaving a job to come work here and if you do work here just use it for experience and leave at 2 years and try find something decent as otherwise they will take your good years and make you decide to "Take the Package" once you have kids and a mortgage.

Pros

you get paid

Cons

Cant take annual leave when you need, not a nice atmosphere, No Job Security realistically with banks going digital

Bad place,no proper process, politics

Bad place,no proper process, politics, promoting friends instead of hard working peopleManagement is very poorBad work cultureImprovement is not encouraged. People are not willing to learn or embrace new things

Accuracy and Great Attention to Detail Needed

I found my working experience at Bank of Ireland was very pleasant, colleagues really friendly, Management and staff were very polite and very helpful in any advice I needed, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. I always looked forward going to work everyday, I would definitely recommend Bank of Ireland to anyone.

Pros

Overall experience was excellent. Pay very good.

Paid time off

Being from the United States, I was thrilled to be offered 12 weeks paid time off my first year. They were understanding, as its part of their culture to have life outside of your job.

Pros

Community atmosphere

Lots to learn. Super intense.

Management left much to be desired. Team leader was very arrogant. Customers super temperamental. Training was haphazard. I did not feel supported at all during my time there.

Pros

Free lunch, kind colleagues

Cons

Horrible management and customers

Boi risk

Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone

Good

Good company to work with nice work culture, goof work life balance,Good management, less salary, Good work culture, good paid leaves good experience.

Best

Best company to have worked for though it needs a lot of restructuring as costs are high so generally pay can be on the lower end of the scale. overall great culture

Challenging and productive environment

Whether you work in branch sector , in Operations or in IT , you can be sure of a busy and fulfilling day. There is a strong culture of teamwork in offsite facilities. Branches have changed a lot in the past few years and the most difficult part of the job there is to manage the expectations of customers in a changing digital environment.

Over qualified for the role

This was a contract role - Over qualified for the role - Job was not what I was expecting however I needed the job at the time. The programme going on was huge and would have been interesting if you were involved in the meat of the work.

I was employed as a DRC working on Core Banking Systems Project. The management & team ensured that there was a healthy work culture, promoting an agile & unified approach to the project. Elements of the project were difficult at times but support from management & colleagues was there in abundance.

Pros

Salary, Project, Management

Cons

Location, Commute was difficult

Good Environment

A typical day is nice, sometimes manic. I learned to work under heavy loads of targets. Good management and excellent workplace culture. I enjoyed working here.

Great work place

it was a great place to work, with a strong and hardworking team Great support from all team members learned a lot about team work and multi tasking management was great

Good Place to work

It was a good place to work and had the opportunity to learn new things from Bank of Ireland. A day in the Bank of Ireland starts with a busy schedule because I was handling multiple teams located in different countries with different time zones. I learned to handle the remote team in different countries with different culture and different time zones. The hardest part of the job was test data management. I need to rely on the third party for test data and generation of test data is complicated

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Productive and good place to work

Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well. Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.

Pros

work conditions very good

Cons

can be asked to work Christmas day

Excellent

The staff that helped our school bank were incredibly friendly, efficient and easy to work with. We learned about how banks operated and again I got experience selling and promoting the bank to students in my school.

Work experience

It was my first time working within an office environment. I learned how to create invoice letter. The staff were friendly and approachable each day. Nice work place environment.

Enjoyed my time in Bank of Ireland and learnt alot of skills

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 years with Bank of Ireland. I gained a wealth of knowledge and personally it was a time in my career where I am seeking a change of culture and environment.

Good place to work. Echo friendly environment too.Amazing job/Life balance culture.In fact it offers good infrastructure for being productive. Indeed a friendly environment.

A great place to work with amazing team and staff giving guidance and coaching, and provide direction where required. I have established and continue to maintain excellent relationships with many stakeholders across the Bank and my communication skills have proved vital in this regard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement