Bank of Ireland logo
Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Culture reviews

Clear

Boi risk

Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone

Lots to learn. Super intense.

Management left much to be desired. Team leader was very arrogant. Customers super temperamental. Training was haphazard. I did not feel supported at all during my time there.

Pros

Free lunch, kind colleagues

Cons

Horrible management and customers

Good

Good company to work with nice work culture, goof work life balance,Good management, less salary, Good work culture, good paid leaves good experience.

Best

Best company to have worked for though it needs a lot of restructuring as costs are high so generally pay can be on the lower end of the scale. overall great culture

Challenging and productive environment

Whether you work in branch sector , in Operations or in IT , you can be sure of a busy and fulfilling day. There is a strong culture of teamwork in offsite facilities. Branches have changed a lot in the past few years and the most difficult part of the job there is to manage the expectations of customers in a changing digital environment.

Over qualified for the role

This was a contract role - Over qualified for the role - Job was not what I was expecting however I needed the job at the time. The programme going on was huge and would have been interesting if you were involved in the meat of the work.

I was employed as a DRC working on Core Banking Systems Project. The management & team ensured that there was a healthy work culture, promoting an agile & unified approach to the project. Elements of the project were difficult at times but support from management & colleagues was there in abundance.

Pros

Salary, Project, Management

Cons

Location, Commute was difficult

Good Environment

A typical day is nice, sometimes manic. I learned to work under heavy loads of targets. Good management and excellent workplace culture. I enjoyed working here.

Great work place

it was a great place to work, with a strong and hardworking team Great support from all team members learned a lot about team work and multi tasking management was great

Good Place to work

It was a good place to work and had the opportunity to learn new things from Bank of Ireland. A day in the Bank of Ireland starts with a busy schedule because I was handling multiple teams located in different countries with different time zones. I learned to handle the remote team in different countries with different culture and different time zones. The hardest part of the job was test data management. I need to rely on the third party for test data and generation of test data is complicated

Pros

Good environment

Jobs at Bank of Ireland

See more jobs

Productive and good place to work

Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well. Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.

Pros

work conditions very good

Cons

can be asked to work Christmas day

Excellent

The staff that helped our school bank were incredibly friendly, efficient and easy to work with. We learned about how banks operated and again I got experience selling and promoting the bank to students in my school.

Work experience

It was my first time working within an office environment. I learned how to create invoice letter. The staff were friendly and approachable each day. Nice work place environment.

Enjoyed my time in Bank of Ireland and learnt alot of skills

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 years with Bank of Ireland. I gained a wealth of knowledge and personally it was a time in my career where I am seeking a change of culture and environment.

Good place to work. Echo friendly environment too.Amazing job/Life balance culture.In fact it offers good infrastructure for being productive. Indeed a friendly environment.

A great place to work with amazing team and staff giving guidance and coaching, and provide direction where required. I have established and continue to maintain excellent relationships with many stakeholders across the Bank and my communication skills have proved vital in this regard.

An organisation in constant change

Used to be a very good place to progress and learn but in recent years opportunities for staff progression have diminished. Very little development and support of staff and people are generally expected to train themselves. Very heavily sales orientated with targets prioritised over competent and thorough customer advice. Short term focus with little concern about building long term relationships. The staff are great and do as much as they can in very difficult circumstances

Business development internally and externally

Collaborating with business banking to effectively meet the needs of local markets with the mutual benefit of delivering sector relevant events within community. Developing and delivering content in the process. Must be very organised Management of 3 staff Work culture is improving within the bank with strong value being embedded My commute from Tipperary to Dublin Meeting so many people and seeing your products being successful

Pros

Growing my network, expenses, overnight stays

Cons

Long hours, worklife balance

Excellent employer

Very supportive management. Good career opportunities. Excellent support for employees through Be at your best programme. ...................................................

Good place to work great team and support

There is good cross training across departments and getting an overall view of different departments. Very diversified. Good management team and good support from colleagues and managers.

n/a

Good environment to work in, willingness to apply the agile methodology and change management practices to support the program of change. Culture and environment always has you on your toes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement