Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Management reviews

Ireland159 reviews

Clear

Fun

Good place to work. Flexible working options. Good support to learn and switch between roles. Salary isn't great and progression is slow. Good management

No Opportunities

To work here they want you to have qualifications but you never get to use them and the Management I worked didn't have any 3rd level qualifications. There is a Yes Man culture with management and they are quiet clickie.You cant take annual leave as when you start you are at the bottom of a big list and the summer is mainly gone. If you get invited to a wedding you might not get the day off if its already taken on the list.In Branch Banking the work is mainly Monkey See Monkey Do. You will be given training but not enough so you will be left feeling like a fool on occasion.Mainly contract staff now unless you build a special relationship! and get made permanent.I would not recommend leaving a job to come work here and if you do work here just use it for experience and leave at 2 years and try find something decent as otherwise they will take your good years and make you decide to "Take the Package" once you have kids and a mortgage.

Pros

you get paid

Cons

Cant take annual leave when you need, not a nice atmosphere, No Job Security realistically with banks going digital

Rubbish place to work

Worked there previous and bulling place to work. Poor management and poor training of managers. Not good about maternity leave and work life balance..

Horrible staff and management, gave me horrible abuse and was just over all not a good experience very bad and dragged staff down, my main manager gave me an awful time very bad experience

Pros

Cons

Disgusting management

Bad place,no proper process, politics

Bad place,no proper process, politics, promoting friends instead of hard working peopleManagement is very poorBad work cultureImprovement is not encouraged. People are not willing to learn or embrace new things

BOI- Bristol

Disappointing management and senior team that have let many employees down and gave me the worst experience ever. I do not recommend it for the purpose of growing and progressing and learning as you work. I am grateful to have gone through this experience cause what doesn’t break you always makes you stronger.

Avoid at all costs

Terrible terrible salary for the immense work load and the managers and line managers co conspire to undermine workers and harvest a toxic environment

Accuracy and Great Attention to Detail Needed

I found my working experience at Bank of Ireland was very pleasant, colleagues really friendly, Management and staff were very polite and very helpful in any advice I needed, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. I always looked forward going to work everyday, I would definitely recommend Bank of Ireland to anyone.

Pros

Overall experience was excellent. Pay very good.

Cons

Lots to learn. Super intense.

Management left much to be desired. Team leader was very arrogant. Customers super temperamental. Training was haphazard. I did not feel supported at all during my time there.

Pros

Free lunch, kind colleagues

Cons

Horrible management and customers

Busy and Underpaid

The job itself is not too difficult although you need to be prepared to deal with unpleasant customers and difficult situations. Strict deadlines to meet everyday and overall overworked for just above minimum wage position.

Pros

Canteen on site, ongoing compliance training

Cons

Understaffed, no pathway for progression, management biased

I enjoyed my time in BOI, learned loads and the experience was invaluable. Great company to work for. Management were mostly great with a few exceptions as per every company. Great company for advancement and my colleagues were brilliant.

No work life balance.

Management style & overall management team need to enter the 21st century. No work life balance, little understanding of life outside of the bank. No opportunities for working from home, part time work or job sharing. A lot of very highly skilled mothers have left their employment because of these issues. It needs to be addressed if women are ever expected to stay in the workplace. Although it is not just a problem in bank of Ireland, it is particularly prevalent from 20 years experience working there

Boi risk

Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone

Good

Good company to work with nice work culture, goof work life balance,Good management, less salary, Good work culture, good paid leaves good experience.

Staff friendly and helpful. Not so sure about management.

I worked during a time where staff and the bank union were at loggerheads with management. The staff were really good to me a newbie who was only there for a matter of a few months. However it was stressful due to the poor atmosphere due to the union and management troubles.

I was employed as a DRC working on Core Banking Systems Project. The management & team ensured that there was a healthy work culture, promoting an agile & unified approach to the project. Elements of the project were difficult at times but support from management & colleagues was there in abundance.

Pros

Salary, Project, Management

Cons

Location, Commute was difficult

Good Environment

A typical day is nice, sometimes manic. I learned to work under heavy loads of targets. Good management and excellent workplace culture. I enjoyed working here.

Great work place

it was a great place to work, with a strong and hardworking team Great support from all team members learned a lot about team work and multi tasking management was great

Morale has diminished over the last five years.

With a new CEO in place, I hope Bank of Ireland will rebuild Staff confidence and morale which in turn will transfer back to our Customers. Our customers are our Bread and Butter and our lifeline

Progressive workplace

If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, this can be a good place to work. With various locations available, travel times can be reduced. salaries vary depending on experience and grades. There are good educational supports available within the company.

Pros

subsidised canteen, good senior management

Cons

shift work timimgs can change to meet changing business needs

Terrible - avoid at all costs

Worst place I have ever worked. No respect for staff and zero emphasis on promotion based on merit. No formalized training on entry to role, expected to learn on the job.Bullying environment where management use policy to create a toxic environment for staff members. Performance assessment metrics are subjective (not formalized) and open to manipulation by team leaders. A number of staff are on long term stress leave and management make no efforts to resolve causes of work related stress.Promotions are not based on merit. Easily influenced people who will not challenge status quo ineffective processes or unfair treatment of staff members. Zero staff morale/protections in place and no desire to make the environment a efficient, effective, and motivated workplace.

Pros

Salary is comparative with market rates

Cons

IT in dark ages, management uneducated and uninformed, no respect for staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Bank of Ireland
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?