Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Management reviews

Ireland139 reviews
Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone
I enjoyed my time in BOI, learned loads and the experience was invaluable. Great company to work for. Management were mostly great with a few exceptions as per every company. Great company for advancement and my colleagues were brilliant.
Management style & overall management team need to enter the 21st century. No work life balance, little understanding of life outside of the bank. No opportunities for working from home, part time work or job sharing. A lot of very highly skilled mothers have left their employment because of these issues. It needs to be addressed if women are ever expected to stay in the workplace. Although it is not just a problem in bank of Ireland, it is particularly prevalent from 20 years experience working there
Good company to work with nice work culture, goof work life balance,Good management, less salary, Good work culture, good paid leaves good experience.
I worked during a time where staff and the bank union were at loggerheads with management. The staff were really good to me a newbie who was only there for a matter of a few months. However it was stressful due to the poor atmosphere due to the union and management troubles.
I was employed as a DRC working on Core Banking Systems Project. The management & team ensured that there was a healthy work culture, promoting an agile & unified approach to the project.

Elements of the project were difficult at times but support from management & colleagues was there in abundance.
Pros
Salary, Project, Management
Cons
Location, Commute was difficult
A typical day is nice, sometimes manic. I learned to work under heavy loads of targets. Good management and excellent workplace culture. I enjoyed working here.
it was a great place to work, with a strong and hardworking team
Great support from all team members

learned a lot about team work and multi tasking

management was great
With a new CEO in place, I hope Bank of Ireland will rebuild Staff confidence and morale which in turn will transfer back to our Customers. Our customers are our Bread and Butter and our lifeline
If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, this can be a good place to work. With various locations available, travel times can be reduced. salaries vary depending on experience and grades. There are good educational supports available within the company.
Pros
subsidised canteen, good senior management
Cons
shift work timimgs can change to meet changing business needs
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of Ireland?
Worst place I have ever worked. No respect for staff and zero emphasis on promotion based on merit. No formalized training on entry to role, expected to learn on the job.Bullying environment where management use policy to create a toxic environment for staff members. Performance assessment metrics are subjective (not formalized) and open to manipulation by team leaders. A number of staff are on long term stress leave and management make no efforts to resolve causes of work related stress.Promotions are not based on merit. Easily influenced people who will not challenge status quo ineffective processes or unfair treatment of staff members. Zero staff morale/protections in place and no desire to make the environment a efficient, effective, and motivated workplace.
Pros
Salary is comparative with market rates
Cons
IT in dark ages, management uneducated and uninformed, no respect for staff.
It was a good place to work and had the opportunity to learn new things from Bank of Ireland. A day in the Bank of Ireland starts with a busy schedule because I was handling multiple teams located in different countries with different time zones. I learned to handle the remote team in different countries with different culture and different time zones. The hardest part of the job was test data management. I need to rely on the third party for test data and generation of test data is complicated
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well.
Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.
Pros
work conditions very good
Cons
can be asked to work Christmas day
Learn in role, on job.

Could work on management in all areas between colleagues to work together, staffing numbers would assist in this area also.

Large amount of information to be learnt in all areas, fast paced roles in which you must be willing to be flexible in working.
Approachable management
Engaging staff
Restructures of teams, groups provide new opportunities

Social, charity and sports events available

Flexible working being piloted
1.Mainly worked on the computer and helped organising

2.Learned the importance of costumer privacy

Management was kind but let us be independent

4.Mostly independent working with occasional teamwork for projects

5.Learning how to photocopy

6.The general workplace environment
Pros
Very good canteen, Casual Fridays
Cons
Bit of a trek to get there
as someone who always worked in hotels and the service industry my time in back or ireland was a welcome change, i enjoyed the pace of the bank and the management were amazing.
Pros
9-5, Weekends off
Cons
difficult customers
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Bank of Ireland. i enjoyed dealing with the customers and assisting there daily needs. I worked along side management when new staff members where employed to train them in on the systems and help them along the way of there yearly probation. There was many changes in the banking system in which computers and machines replaced staff. Alot of elderly customers found it hard with the change and there was a limit of how much we could assist them.
Pros
different challenges everyday
Cons
changes to customer service set up
BIF was a very good place to work, with good teams and allowed to speak your mind- safe place to work and benefits were good. Good management and sales reps around the country
Great work and life balance, not much job security, management very supportive. Money not that great, no perm contracts. Great staff and working conditions.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
no perm contracts
Collaborating with business banking to effectively meet the needs of local markets with the mutual benefit of delivering sector relevant events within community. Developing and delivering content in the process.
Must be very organised

Management of 3 staff
Work culture is improving within the bank with strong value being embedded
My commute from Tipperary to Dublin

Meeting so many people and seeing your products being successful
Pros
Growing my network, expenses, overnight stays
Cons
Long hours, worklife balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.