Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Management reviews

The job itself is not too difficult although you need to be prepared to deal with unpleasant customers and difficult situations. Strict deadlines to meet everyday and overall overworked for just above minimum wage position.
Pros
Canteen on site, ongoing compliance training
Cons
Understaffed, no pathway for progression, management biased
Great work and life balance, not much job security, management very supportive. Money not that great, no perm contracts. Great staff and working conditions.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
no perm contracts
Collaborating with business banking to effectively meet the needs of local markets with the mutual benefit of delivering sector relevant events within community. Developing and delivering content in the process. Must be very organised Management of 3 staff Work culture is improving within the bank with strong value being embedded My commute from Tipperary to Dublin Meeting so many people and seeing your products being successful
Pros
Growing my network, expenses, overnight stays
Cons
Long hours, worklife balance
Unpleasant role with unpleasant management. Working as a contractor for BOI, the job and management were unpleasant to their staff. It made it difficult to come into the work place.
Very supportive management. Good career opportunities. Excellent support for employees through Be at your best programme. ...................................................
There is good cross training across departments and getting an overall view of different departments. Very diversified. Good management team and good support from colleagues and managers.
Overall I enjoyed my experience in the bank. However some days it could be extremely hard and tiring work. Management were always extremely helpful whenever a situation arose that I was unable to deal with. I learned an awful lot in my short time in the bank and it has given me many skills that I feel I can apply to any job in the future.
Good environment to work in, willingness to apply the agile methodology and change management practices to support the program of change. Culture and environment always has you on your toes.
A typical day at work is Exceeding my goal and this is paramount. What have learned - Do not give excuses but learn and make corrections. Management in BOI - Have always work to details and loyal to my employer. My last employer (BOI)The workplace culture is one of the best have experienced. Hardest part of the job - I will not call it the "hardest part of the job" but learning on the job. There are days the target looks impossible but as a professional Business Analyst, research is my weapon and have always used it to combat a bad day and it as never failed me. Enjoyable part of the job - When I achieve and exceed my goal as a professional Business Analyst in a project.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Conservative management within a fair and friendly work environment. Hardworking ethos. Constant deadlines and pressure but fair attitude to holidays/time off and good rewards for success.
Bank of Ireland really don't value their staff. Their workplace culture is almost non existent and it can be difficult to get credit for the work you have completed. Neither show signs of changing any time soon.
Pros
Few and far between
Cons
No workplace culture what so ever
I have worked in BOI as vendor partner but yes I can say t is very easy and comfortable working with BOI, management is super good and takes care of employee's interest. Highly recommend to work there.
Short staffed on a continuous basis Received no training Badly managed Culture of bullying Hardest part of the job is the lack of focus on the customer Most enjoyable part of the job was the work itself and the customers
Cons
I was embarrassed to work for them when it came to customer care
I enjoy challenges, everyday brings new opportunities in terms of customer diversity. I enjoy complaint handling and fraud management as it give the brain a chance to think outside the box.
Pros
diverse customer base
Cons
long hours and long trave time
Estrutura tradicional e eficiente de atendimento ao cliente, bons funcionários e clientes cativos.
Review activities scheduled for the day as per your portfolio i.e contact customers, complete credit paper or meet with Senior management to discuss cases, review new cases in full and attempt engagement with customer.
Pros
Good team morale, good location, approachable management
Cons
Lack of transparency between departments, contract
In the week i worked with Bank Of Ireland i learned alot. We were all tasked with getting as many people as possible to sign up student accounts as we setted up outside of the maynooth college. It took many skills you had to be confident, speak clearly, make the student feel at ease and have good one on one skills. It was an exciting environment and it got very competitive as everyone wanted to have top sales for the week. All of the staff and management were very friendly and everyone worked as a team.
Pros
Got to meet new people
Cons
Rudeness of some students
I spent the majority of my work life with the BOI. I am happy to say it was a great place to work. Good management team very friendly and approachable at all levels. Great training provided also ability to grow and develop personally. C
Every day was different. Learnt something new every day due meeting staff and customer needs. Management Style firm and fair. Co Workers were good to work with and we enjoyed alot of social activities also. We worked well as a team. Hardest part of the day was to manage everyones expectations and ensure that all challenges were met. Most enjoyable part of the day was that nothing was the same and you got to deal with alot of different people which was an enjoyable challenge.
Pros
Good mixture of fun and hard work
Cons
Sometimes days were not long enough to achieve all
Bank of Ireland was a wonderful organization to work for. I spent many happy days there, and worked with wonderful people. Management were very helpful, and I worked very well with my co-workers. My typical day at work varied from day to day, customer service, Loan Admin, Cash control, Sales. The hardest part of my job was having to tell somebody they were not approved for a loan. I personally learned that if you have a healthy respect for Management and co-workers you will enjoy your job.
Pros
Making new friends, while learning something new every day.
I enjoyed my time as digital activation agent with bank of Ireland. I found the work environment comfortable and enjoyable. A typical day would start off at anytime from 8am to 12pm as it was based on shift work. I would handle between 45 to 50 calls a day. Each call would be for the purpose of setting the customer up on online banking and also assisting them on initial log ins and also providing information on the pros to online banking. I learned how to use the different systems within bank of Ireland and I learned a lot regarding data protection and confidentiality. My computer skills also improved and my typing also. I had a great relationship with my co workers and also management. I found my managers very approachable and also I enjoyed the bonding sessions and methods used to keep staff happy such as competitions for highest activation rates on each team. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was building a rapport with customers. On the other side the hardest part of the job for me was the travelling as I lived a good distance from the arena. It would take me nearly 2 hours each morning and evening to get to and from work. This made my job very difficult to stay focused and made it difficult to enjoy as much as I wanted to. Overall I enjoyed my time in bank of Ireland but sadly the travelling was too much to handle.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
travelling time to and from work