Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Pay & benefits reviews

Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............
Customers phone enquiring about finance rates.You agree on an acceptable rateCompleted a credit application and arrange approval/declineFollow up with documentation adhering to strict anti money laundering and customer identification procedures.Always working under time pressure and meeting customer expectations.Great satisfaction in meeting customers needs and booking the deal.The pace of change and new procedures were always challenging.
Pros
Company car, expenses, good salary
Cons
Mostly in a self employed mode.
Regular Office hours and work life balance Nice team And interesting projects Hours were regular and overtime optional Various teams working in same area
Pros
Hours
Cons
Office
Worked with a team . Fast paced but always support when needed . I worked shift so had plenty of time off to enjoy life also. Worked with great people and salary was good with benefits.
Good company to work with nice work culture, goof work life balance,Good management, less salary, Good work culture, good paid leaves good experience.
Best company to have worked for though it needs a lot of restructuring as costs are high so generally pay can be on the lower end of the scale. overall great culture
I really liked working in the branch, as one day is never the same. Things are different in every branch. The staff where friendly in general. Company' employment benefits are very good, but if you are on temporary contract, it is harder to avail of all of them.
I was employed as a DRC working on Core Banking Systems Project. The management & team ensured that there was a healthy work culture, promoting an agile & unified approach to the project. Elements of the project were difficult at times but support from management & colleagues was there in abundance.
Pros
Salary, Project, Management
Cons
Location, Commute was difficult
Worst place I have ever worked. No respect for staff and zero emphasis on promotion based on merit. No formalized training on entry to role, expected to learn on the job.Bullying environment where management use policy to create a toxic environment for staff members. Performance assessment metrics are subjective (not formalized) and open to manipulation by team leaders. A number of staff are on long term stress leave and management make no efforts to resolve causes of work related stress.Promotions are not based on merit. Easily influenced people who will not challenge status quo ineffective processes or unfair treatment of staff members. Zero staff morale/protections in place and no desire to make the environment a efficient, effective, and motivated workplace.
Pros
Salary is comparative with market rates
Cons
IT in dark ages, management uneducated and uninformed, no respect for staff.
moving within BOI is difficult. salary moving internally doesnt go in line with the role. they do provide great training and other education systems are out dated
Pros
education
Cons
salary and progression
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of Ireland?
Bank of Ireland are very good to their staff. They are very supportive when it comes to extra education and will cover the costs of the QFA exams and give extra annual leave as study days.
1.Mainly worked on the computer and helped organising 2.Learned the importance of costumer privacy 3.Management was kind but let us be independent 4.Mostly independent working with occasional teamwork for projects 5.Learning how to photocopy 6.The general workplace environment
Pros
Very good canteen, Casual Fridays
Cons
Bit of a trek to get there
BIF was a very good place to work, with good teams and allowed to speak your mind- safe place to work and benefits were good. Good management and sales reps around the country
Salary was great, hours were excellent. Job was secure. work was repetitive with little chance of promotion. I left to find a more challenging job and life.
Pros
Salary hours
Cons
repetitive
I enjoyed worked for Bank of Ireland. The money was good, made lots of friends, managmenent were very reasonable and fair. Worked there for a good number of years.
I've been working with BOI for the last few months while they implement the move to self service and half day cash services in branch. I received no training whatsoever and was expected to hit the ground running. Every day is a challenge when dealing with customers who are told they can only access part of their account balance due to cash counters closing, who are made to cancel a DD or SO online, or who have to give notice to withdraw over 5k. In my opinion the branch staff are there to take the abuse and get on with it for a poor salary. The job itself has become somewhat easier since the changes have taken place, however my colleagues and I still receive daily complaints from irate customers, with some personal attacks. Most of my time is spent showing customers how to use the self service devices, setting up new accounts and registering customers for 365 Online. The afternoons are usually very quiet as customers just use the devices without requiring assistance. In my current branch, the staff get on very well and pull together for the sake of getting a job done but the workplace culture of BOI and the supposed perks and progression routes they advertise, are non existent. For a younger person, it is not ideal as there are no outlets or potential for staff events.
Pros
Staff get on very well, work is relatively easy once you get settled, working hours are not very long.
Cons
No consideration for staff, poor salary, no social events or potential for networking.
A very inclusive, accommodating and opportunity filled company. Good benefits and a great working atmosphere. Sometimes atmosphere was quite relaxed, and it wasn't the most innovative company.
Pros
Inclusive
Cons
Lacked innovation
Work really long hours for very okay pay. I don't know why I'm writing this review, I worked as a free lancer for three days, this doesn't apply to me
I would be very hesitant to recommend BOI as an employer. Salaries & benefits are well below the market average & the scope for advancement is limited
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lower salaries & benefits than the market average, limited scope for advancement, non central locations with negatively impact work/life balance
I enjoyed working in the bank of ireland, it was very busy, organising travel arrangements, tea/coffee refreshments and pulling presentations together for meeting. Ad Hoc administration.
Most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues, great family type team spirit. Was also offered good support in respect to time off and counselling due to illness.
Pros
a salary
Cons
late shifts and pay freeze for majority of my extended term of employment