Bank of Ireland logo

Bank of Ireland Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Excellent place to work

Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............

Good work life balance

Regular Office hours and work life balance Nice team And interesting projects Hours were regular and overtime optional Various teams working in same area

Pros

Hours

Cons

Office

Good Learning

Good place to work and having more scope for leaning.Good team work.Collabrative things.Things move slowly because of regulations.Work from home facility is there .Work life balance if good.

I did not enjoy working for BOI

I worked with bank of Ireland for 10 years. I found this company to lack organisational ability and offered little or no opportunities to employees who wished to better themselves or seek promotion.

Productive workplace

Bank of Ireland is very good place to start your career in finance. In the bank there is a lot of space to grow and in one year that i am in the Bank i can tell i learned a lot about finance, and that will definitely help me in the future career.

Great to work for . Good benefits .

Worked with a team . Fast paced but always support when needed . I worked shift so had plenty of time off to enjoy life also. Worked with great people and salary was good with benefits.

No work life balance.

Management style & overall management team need to enter the 21st century. No work life balance, little understanding of life outside of the bank. No opportunities for working from home, part time work or job sharing. A lot of very highly skilled mothers have left their employment because of these issues. It needs to be addressed if women are ever expected to stay in the workplace. Although it is not just a problem in bank of Ireland, it is particularly prevalent from 20 years experience working there

Boi risk

Good hours, amazing management, great co-workers. Perfect place if you have a family or want an amazing work-life balance. Cons to that is you aren't improving, and the skills you learn here are not sufficient enough to keep you as a competitive candidate in the future. You will never be outside your comfort zone

Good

Good company to work with nice work culture, goof work life balance,Good management, less salary, Good work culture, good paid leaves good experience.

Fast moving environment with opportunities to learn and and progress

Great opportunity to learn and upskill yourself in banking. opportunities for further education and qualifications. Career progression possible if you put work in.

Jobs at Bank of Ireland

See more jobs

i love my job i give 110% to all i do

I love the people the staff the fast pace an ever changing queries but my heart is in weddings and events an i want to persue it i love to organise and plan i feel im good at this an know i can excel in this role

Progressive workplace

If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, this can be a good place to work. With various locations available, travel times can be reduced. salaries vary depending on experience and grades. There are good educational supports available within the company.

Pros

subsidised canteen, good senior management

Cons

shift work timimgs can change to meet changing business needs

Good Place to work

It was a good place to work and had the opportunity to learn new things from Bank of Ireland. A day in the Bank of Ireland starts with a busy schedule because I was handling multiple teams located in different countries with different time zones. I learned to handle the remote team in different countries with different culture and different time zones. The hardest part of the job was test data management. I need to rely on the third party for test data and generation of test data is complicated

Pros

Good environment

not the greatest

moving within BOI is difficult. salary moving internally doesnt go in line with the role. they do provide great training and other education systems are out dated

Pros

education

Cons

salary and progression

I found Bank of Ireland to be a good place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities for further education/training and also opportunities for advancement.

as above

Salary was great, hours were excellent. Job was secure. work was repetitive with little chance of promotion. I left to find a more challenging job and life.

Pros

Salary hours

Cons

repetitive

Enjoyed my time in Bank of Ireland and learnt alot of skills

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 years with Bank of Ireland. I gained a wealth of knowledge and personally it was a time in my career where I am seeking a change of culture and environment.

Good place to work. Echo friendly environment too.Amazing job/Life balance culture.In fact it offers good infrastructure for being productive. Indeed a friendly environment.

Great organisation

Good job security in Bank of Ireland. I learned a lot about the law with regards to AML and CFT which was interesting. It is a great place to work to start a professional career.

Business development internally and externally

Collaborating with business banking to effectively meet the needs of local markets with the mutual benefit of delivering sector relevant events within community. Developing and delivering content in the process. Must be very organised Management of 3 staff Work culture is improving within the bank with strong value being embedded My commute from Tipperary to Dublin Meeting so many people and seeing your products being successful

Pros

Growing my network, expenses, overnight stays

Cons

Long hours, worklife balance

Excellent employer

Very supportive management. Good career opportunities. Excellent support for employees through Be at your best programme. ...................................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement