Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Ireland140 reviews
Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............
Liaise with on duty shift manager to manage Day to Day workflow: organise and prioritise work load to make sure all agreed SLA’s are achieved in desired timelines. Adapting workflow to any issues that may arise.
Cons
long hours, highly stressful working environment
Great job rotation in a small office with three staff had great variation and experience in every aspect of work.
Everyday was a challenge while keeping up to date with the regular updates and changes in banking, but was very enjoyable as meeting customers and selling our products was a great achievement for me. Once you have the knowledge and a good customer relationship providing a good service is easy.
Pros
Loved the job satisfaction .of helping customers & balancing cash on daily basis
Cons
Personal touch gone & customers being driven away
I spent the majority of my work life with the BOI. I am happy to say it was a great place to work. Good management team very friendly and approachable at all levels. Great training provided also ability to grow and develop personally. C
A typical day in work starts with a quick line up meeting and ends with loads of customers happy. The hardest part of the job is to keep the customers up to date with all the changes that the company is promoting.
The staff were really friendly and made me feel welcome. The work itself wasn’t too difficult and easy to get the hang of.
Pros
Friendly environment and good hours
Cons
Some tasks were a bit monotonous
well working area productive work place clean environment safe work place happy over all well paid hours okay income nice and warm place to work
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
a few of us from my year go selected to be a part of the school bank after interviews and i was selected for customer services. it ran for the school year 2013/2014. it was interesting as i hadn't seen myself working in the area of banking
I loved working at Bank Of Ireland , the day was packed with different activities and due to strict payment deadlines was a. very challenging role at times but was as equally rewarding when deadlines were met
Pros
Hours
Cons
Strict deadlines
A Good company to work for. I found the people to be friendly and have made some good friends for life. We always try to give to charities that really need funds.
Pros
On the luas Line
Cons
Its in town
Work enviorment was very positive, encouragement given by Team Leaders with help on offer when required. Plenty of scope for advancement if ambitious.

Typical day at work was spent on the phone, taking bank quiries from customers.

Learnt how to problem solve and think on my feet.

Co-workers were highly skilled and helpful at all times.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping solve issues for customers
Cons
Pay
Teamwork was essential
There was an element of stress therefore I was working part time for physical reasons as I have multiple sclerosis
Every day was different.
Learnt something new every day due meeting staff and customer needs.

Management Style firm and fair.

Co Workers were good to work with and we enjoyed alot of social activities also. We worked well as a team.

Hardest part of the day was to manage everyones expectations and ensure that all challenges were met.

Most enjoyable part of the day was that nothing was the same and you got to deal with alot of different people which was an enjoyable challenge.
Pros
Good mixture of fun and hard work
Cons
Sometimes days were not long enough to achieve all
I have been a professional banker for past 16 years working for a large banking institution in Ireland,I am honest and hard working . I communicates a positive attitude and enjoy working on own initative or part of a team ensuring consistent achievements of targets set
I am currently seeking a role to utalise my skills and experience.
I enjoyed my experience in Bank of Ireland and the opportunities that arose during my time there.
I found most people I worked with to have great integrity and a strong work ethic.
Cons
Bank of Ireland was a wonderful organization to work for. I spent many happy days there, and worked with wonderful people. Management were very helpful, and I worked very well with my co-workers. My typical day at work varied from day to day, customer service, Loan Admin, Cash control, Sales. The hardest part of my job was having to tell somebody they were not approved for a loan.
I personally learned that if you have a healthy respect for Management and co-workers you will enjoy your job.
Pros
Making new friends, while learning something new every day.
Working for Bank Of Ireland and The Clubbing Guide I worked continuously speaking with young adults.
I maintained friendly service at all times and was required to work while standing for several hours.

I had to be enthusiastic and persuasive, convincing my target audience to either set up a bank account for bank of Ireland or when working with TCG I'd to convince my target audience to attend a night club under my booking.

The hardest part of this particular job is having to accept rude and unnecessary comments without retaliation of any sort.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working alongside my peers and conversing with new people.
Pros
Prizes given to those with the most sales
Cons
Short lunches and sometimes no lunch at all.
I enjoyed my time as digital activation agent with bank of Ireland. I found the work environment comfortable and enjoyable. A typical day would start off at anytime from 8am to 12pm as it was based on shift work. I would handle between 45 to 50 calls a day. Each call would be for the purpose of setting the customer up on online banking and also assisting them on initial log ins and also providing information on the pros to online banking. I learned how to use the different systems within bank of Ireland and I learned a lot regarding data protection and confidentiality. My computer skills also improved and my typing also. I had a great relationship with my co workers and also management. I found my managers very approachable and also I enjoyed the bonding sessions and methods used to keep staff happy such as competitions for highest activation rates on each team. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was building a rapport with customers. On the other side the hardest part of the job for me was the travelling as I lived a good distance from the arena. It would take me nearly 2 hours each morning and evening to get to and from work. This made my job very difficult to stay focused and made it difficult to enjoy as much as I wanted to. Overall I enjoyed my time in bank of Ireland but sadly the travelling was too much to handle.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
travelling time to and from work
Unfortunately job security was an issue due to contracts being 3 months or less at a time and with work being outsourced to India it was difficult to know where you'd be from month to month. But other than that I learned quite a bit working there and enjoyed working as part of a team.
Pros
Nice people, good money
Cons
Job security
I have worked for 15yrs with my current employer - In recent years with the economic situation banking has become somewhat challenging however I have always risen to the challenge and have given 100% to our customer. I am a strong team player believing fully in the power of one - meaning each team member needs to consider how there performance contributes to the overall team. I work well with management and co workers and have always been given favourable reviews. I have worked as a trainer and team leader - training new recruits with no experience to be fully compliant with bank procedure - I am a very capable person who performs well in a team environment. I believe I would be an asset to any team.
Work itself not stimulating, good office environment.A typical day involved mostly sitting, printing documents, inputting data, making payments. Looking at a computer all day, fun coworkers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.