Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Ireland140 reviews
Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............
A typical day is nice, sometimes manic. I learned to work under heavy loads of targets. Good management and excellent workplace culture. I enjoyed working here.
it was a great place to work, with a strong and hardworking team
Great support from all team members

learned a lot about team work and multi tasking

management was great
Was a good place to work, but lack of staff motivation began to create a few bumps in the road. Staff where great and fun to work with. Heavy work load everyday.
Pros
Great staff, good hours, subsidized canteen
Cons
Early mornings, heavy work load, lack of motivation
With a new CEO in place, I hope Bank of Ireland will rebuild Staff confidence and morale which in turn will transfer back to our Customers. Our customers are our Bread and Butter and our lifeline
If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, this can be a good place to work. With various locations available, travel times can be reduced. salaries vary depending on experience and grades. There are good educational supports available within the company.
Pros
subsidised canteen, good senior management
Cons
shift work timimgs can change to meet changing business needs
Worst place I have ever worked. No respect for staff and zero emphasis on promotion based on merit. No formalized training on entry to role, expected to learn on the job.Bullying environment where management use policy to create a toxic environment for staff members. Performance assessment metrics are subjective (not formalized) and open to manipulation by team leaders. A number of staff are on long term stress leave and management make no efforts to resolve causes of work related stress.Promotions are not based on merit. Easily influenced people who will not challenge status quo ineffective processes or unfair treatment of staff members. Zero staff morale/protections in place and no desire to make the environment a efficient, effective, and motivated workplace.
Pros
Salary is comparative with market rates
Cons
IT in dark ages, management uneducated and uninformed, no respect for staff.
This was a Transition Year project in accordance with the school. It was an interesting experience helping different students setting up their accounts. Nice team structure and good arrangement
It was a good place to work and had the opportunity to learn new things from Bank of Ireland. A day in the Bank of Ireland starts with a busy schedule because I was handling multiple teams located in different countries with different time zones. I learned to handle the remote team in different countries with different culture and different time zones. The hardest part of the job was test data management. I need to rely on the third party for test data and generation of test data is complicated
Pros
Good environment
Cons
moving within BOI is difficult. salary moving internally doesnt go in line with the role.
they do provide great training and other education

systems are out dated
Pros
education
Cons
salary and progression
Signing in on the computer and checking all jobs needed to be done for the day. You can find a job were you are looked after very well.
Excellent management . Workplace culture up beat and good, The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and trying to get them to listen to what you are telling them.helping customer to find what they want and sending them off happy.
Pros
work conditions very good
Cons
can be asked to work Christmas day
Learn in role, on job.

Could work on management in all areas between colleagues to work together, staffing numbers would assist in this area also.

Large amount of information to be learnt in all areas, fast paced roles in which you must be willing to be flexible in working.
The banking sector is changing with the times. There is however a shortage of front line staff to assist with customer expectations. Customers expectations are changing as is the way that banking is progressing. It is becoming more automated and less paper transactions.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of staff.
Bank of Ireland are very good to their staff. They are very supportive when it comes to extra education and will cover the costs of the QFA exams and give extra annual leave as study days.
Loved all aspects of the work.....customer service, product sales, cashier etc..actively encouraged and given time off to avail of courses offered in order to upskill or learn about new product arriving on the market.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Late evenings
I am fully QFA(Qualified Financial Adviser) as of July 2017

have worked on both the operations(back office) side and the customer to customer helpdesk & query side.

I have also been part of a project Team to identify Fraudulent transactions & cancel fraud payments before leaving customers account. If unsuccessful we also made our best effort to recoup the customers funds.

Currently my day to day tasks include processing, ordering, re-issuing, & cancelling Business Credit Cards.

I am in direct contact with the Companies themselves for any requests or queries.

I also compile MIS reports & QA of all work carried out by the Team on a Day to Day basis.

I like to work here as staff are treated well & fair, but opportunities are becoming more limited, with robotics systems being rolled out.

Also there are very few employee incentive schemes.
Pros
Comfortable Working Environment. Job Security
Cons
No Free Lunches. No Colleage Rewards. No incentives i.e. bonus, gifts, promotions etc. Very low focus on employee moral, which I feel is vital.
Approachable management
Engaging staff

Restructures of teams, groups provide new opportunities

Social, charity and sports events available

Flexible working being piloted
1.Mainly worked on the computer and helped organising

2.Learned the importance of costumer privacy

3.Management was kind but let us be independent

4.Mostly independent working with occasional teamwork for projects

5.Learning how to photocopy

6.The general workplace environment
Pros
Very good canteen, Casual Fridays
Cons
Bit of a trek to get there
as someone who always worked in hotels and the service industry my time in back or ireland was a welcome change, i enjoyed the pace of the bank and the management were amazing.
Pros
9-5, Weekends off
Cons
difficult customers
I worked with Bank of Ireland on a Summer internship. It was a great learning curve for me, but the bank I worked in was very old fashioned and allot of workers didn't like the change of automation or welcoming new employees.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Bank of Ireland. i enjoyed dealing with the customers and assisting there daily needs. I worked along side management when new staff members where employed to train them in on the systems and help them along the way of there yearly probation. There was many changes in the banking system in which computers and machines replaced staff. Alot of elderly customers found it hard with the change and there was a limit of how much we could assist them.
Pros
different challenges everyday
Cons
changes to customer service set up
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.