Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Ireland139 reviews
Excellent place to work
Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Bank of Ireland is a great place to work, They are very friendly and fair, you are rewarded for hard work. They believe in furthering education and there are multiple course available for staff to take to enhance their skills and develop their career.
BIF was a very good place to work, with good teams and allowed to speak your mind- safe place to work and benefits were good. Good management and sales reps around the country
I found Bank of Ireland to be a good place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities for further education/training and also opportunities for advancement.
as above
Salary was great, hours were excellent. Job was secure. work was repetitive with little chance of promotion. I left to find a more challenging job and life.
Pros
Salary hours
Cons
repetitive
Work experience
It was my first time working within an office environment. I learned how to create invoice letter. The staff were friendly and approachable each day. Nice work place environment.
Enjoyed my time in Bank of Ireland and learnt alot of skills
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my 19 years with Bank of Ireland. I gained a wealth of knowledge and personally it was a time in my career where I am seeking a change of culture and environment.
Great work and life balance, not much job security, management very supportive. Money not that great, no perm contracts. Great staff and working conditions.
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
no perm contracts
Good place to work. Echo friendly environment too.Amazing job/Life balance culture.In fact it offers good infrastructure for being productive. Indeed a friendly environment.
Great organisation
Good job security in Bank of Ireland. I learned a lot about the law with regards to AML and CFT which was interesting. It is a great place to work to start a professional career.
A great place to work with amazing team and staff giving guidance and coaching, and provide direction where required.

I have established and continue to maintain excellent relationships with many stakeholders across the Bank and my communication skills have proved vital in this regard.
excellent opportunities for learning and advancement
i was acting customer service manager in a retail branch. my typical day involved managing staff in the office, running the office on a day to day basis, dealing with customer queries, helping the manager organise sales meetings, dealing with all compliance procedures.
Pros
lots of opportunites and experience
Cons
i was an acting assistant manager but on a lower pay scale.
An organisation in constant change
Used to be a very good place to progress and learn but in recent years opportunities for staff progression have diminished.

Very little development and support of staff and people are generally expected to train themselves.

Very heavily sales orientated with targets prioritised over competent and thorough customer advice. Short term focus with little concern about building long term relationships.

The staff are great and do as much as they can in very difficult circumstances
Not appropriate
I left Bank of Ireland Finance in 2000 to set up Sharewatch Ltd with my business partner. Give the long period of time since I left, I don't believe a review is relevant, however I always enjoyed working for Bank of Ireland, was treated very well, gained wide experience and found the Bank to be a very good company to work for.
Business development internally and externally
Collaborating with business banking to effectively meet the needs of local markets with the mutual benefit of delivering sector relevant events within community. Developing and delivering content in the process.
Must be very organised

Management of 3 staff

Work culture is improving within the bank with strong value being embedded

My commute from Tipperary to Dublin

Meeting so many people and seeing your products being successful
Pros
Growing my network, expenses, overnight stays
Cons
Long hours, worklife balance
Unpleasnat Role
Unpleasant role with unpleasant management. Working as a contractor for BOI, the job and management were unpleasant to their staff. It made it difficult to come into the work place.
Excellent employer
Very supportive management.
Good career opportunities.

Excellent support for employees through Be at your best programme.

...................................................
Good place to work great team and support
There is good cross training across departments and getting an overall view of different departments. Very diversified.

Good management team and good support from colleagues and managers.
Challenging but rewarding job
Overall I enjoyed my experience in the bank. However some days it could be extremely hard and tiring work. Management were always extremely helpful whenever a situation arose that I was unable to deal with. I learned an awful lot in my short time in the bank and it has given me many skills that I feel I can apply to any job in the future.
Challenging, demanding & rewarding
Experience gained in staff education, product development, nationwide delivery of systems, & products, procedures and compliance within a regulated environment
Pros
job security, wide variety of tasks
Cons
travel to city centre
n/a
Good environment to work in, willingness to apply the agile methodology and change management practices to support the program of change. Culture and environment always has you on your toes.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.