Bank of Ireland

Bank of Ireland Employee Reviews

Ireland139 reviews
Excellent place to work
Good place to work, excellent pay rates, friendly welcoming staff,convenient location, good work life balance. Am still working here now .............
Satisfactory
Satisfactory.
Job progression is limited.

Customer focused.

Qfa would be a bonus.

Strong communication skills.

Multi tasking is essential.

Poor work atmosphere
Pros
Education
Cons
Job progression
Little regard for employees on the ground
I would be very hesitant to recommend BOI as an employer. Salaries & benefits are well below the market average & the scope for advancement is limited
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lower salaries & benefits than the market average, limited scope for advancement, non central locations with negatively impact work/life balance
Friendly envirorment
I enjoyed my time with Bank Of Ireland. My daily job consisted of contacting customers to remind them of direct debits due to be paid and help them come to an arrangement of payment so as to not fall into bad debt.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
n/a
see below
I found working with Bank of Ireland Finance a very rewarding experience. . I was allowed work in an area that suited my ability. There was always great team work in my section. The hardest part of the job was staff shortages at busy times of the year.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
short staff
Exciting and rewarding place to work
Would encourage anyone to get a job with the bank of ireland, its a very friendly, exciting and rewarding place to work but it certainly doesnt come without it's challenges.
Pros
Exciting and rewarding place to work
Cons
at times can be stressful
excellent workplace
in my time at Bank of Ireland I learned a huge amount from very friendly professional experienced members of staff .
all managers were very approachable with any issues or concerns relevant to the job in hand and maintained a fantastic atmosphere among all staff members .

my co-workers were a variety of people from all over the city of Dublin and indeed Europe and beyond - a very rewarding place to work .
Pros
car parking
Fast paced
Busy work environment with a lot of targets to meet. Typical day was dealing with customer queries and to migrate them online to reduce paper work I'm the branch
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of Ireland?
Productive, Fun, very friendly staff
I enjoyed working in the bank of ireland, it was very busy, organising travel arrangements, tea/coffee refreshments and pulling presentations together for meeting. Ad Hoc administration.
I had a wonderful experience in working with BOI
The journey was not at all smooth we had to be in contact with different stakeholders and hence it was a new challenge every day

The most important part was that there was a great learning experience
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too much of work even during the weekends
It was quite interesting from day to day working.
My daily duties consisted of giving out brochures to passing students.
I was in charge of collecting money, counting and hanging it off to our manager.

I helped with the fundamental of our school company funded business.

As the role implies, I was in charge of the sales and marketing procedures of the business to ensure the efficiency of the running of the business and made sure the optimal goal was being reached.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short hours
business online helpdesk. very average helpdesk
I work for cpl recruited for bank for Ireland. The helpdesk is a great place to work for. The systems could be improved a lot this would make the job easier a as the main calls we would deal with are technical calls.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
no permanent contracts
excellent working conditions
the planning inspectorate was a professional place to work. I enjoyed working there very much. a typical day would consist of gathering files and post and organising them through
Pros
flexible working hours
excellent
I enjoy challenges, everyday brings new opportunities in terms of customer diversity. I enjoy complaint handling and fraud management as it give the brain a chance to think outside the box.
Pros
diverse customer base
Cons
long hours and long trave time
Great learning Experience
I enjoyed my time with Bank of Ireland as it was my first corporate job and I learned the basics of customer service there.
I worked with excellent leaders and mentors and developed both personally and professionally during my time there.
Good Team Spirit
Most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues, great family type team spirit. Was also offered good support in respect to time off and counselling due to illness.
Pros
a salary
Cons
late shifts and pay freeze for majority of my extended term of employment
ótima empresa
Estrutura tradicional e eficiente de atendimento ao cliente, bons funcionários e clientes cativos.
Productive and customer focused
within my job role I dealt with any customer enquiry and done everyday banking and the application and closures of accounts.
Productive workplace
Review activities scheduled for the day as per your portfolio i.e contact customers, complete credit paper or meet with Senior management to discuss cases, review new cases in full and attempt engagement with customer.
Pros
Good team morale, good location, approachable management
Cons
Lack of transparency between departments, contract
Exciting Workplace
In the week i worked with Bank Of Ireland i learned alot. We were all tasked with getting as many people as possible to sign up student accounts as we setted up outside of the maynooth college. It took many skills you had to be confident, speak clearly, make the student feel at ease and have good one on one skills. It was an exciting environment and it got very competitive as everyone wanted to have top sales for the week. All of the staff and management were very friendly and everyone worked as a team.
Pros
Got to meet new people
Cons
Rudeness of some students
Fast paced production area
Liaise with on duty shift manager to manage Day to Day workflow: organise and prioritise work load to make sure all agreed SLA’s are achieved in desired timelines. Adapting workflow to any issues that may arise.
Cons
long hours, highly stressful working environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.