Barclays Employee Reviews

No Team culture
No Management Support - Very title orientated
No Autonomy - no respect provided
Bureaucratic and stifles creativity
Money is good but not enough to stay
Building is new and modern and situated excellent location
Productive activity
Credit Card Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 September 2018
I have been thankful to attend my role of collection agent in Barclaycard for many reasons. First of all because I have been improving my professional skills thanks to the master in “Service Management” it gave me the skills and knowledge required in order to satisfy the needs of companies as Barclaycard. Therefore, my daily aim is to manage all issues with customers adopting a flexible approach in a rewarding behaviour to achieve those daily targets and objectives as set out by my Team Leader.
My main asset ,I think, is a natural approach in order to combine both requirements to collect money for my company and to find the way to do that from our customers. The reason has to be found in my previous jobs whose task wasn’t just working as direct seller (insurance-mechanical product-business consulting) as well direct collector of services and products sold. The negotiation skills I got by direct selling/collecting one to one, gave me the experience and ability to deal even by phone as collector role works in Barclaycard.
BA3 (Former Employee) –  MBFC Tower 218 July 2017
Job culture,management,benefits and work life balance is well maintained...........Overall its a good place to work....................................
Time to learn
Collections Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 May 2015
Excellent atmosphere
Great opportunity to learn about the finance world
It was very busy days, I've get familiar about targets, which I like.
Portuguese Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Stillorgan, D25 March 2015
Determinate and focused person, self-motivated, goal oriented, adaptable, multi-task and flexible with ability to work in a team or on own initiative. A strong focus on customer service and sales, meeting and exceeding the demands of customers in a challenging environment with a strong focus on building a loyal customer base and achieving customer satisfaction.
Bank
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D20 June 2014
Good company to work for. Values are core to everything they do.
Great atmosphere but hard work
Collection Agent for Italians Barclaycard Accounts (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D187 August 2013
Working days are organized in 2 shifts, the early shift (8.00 16.30) and the late shift (12.00 20.00)
Practically you have to call clients who, for various reasons, don't pay their monthly instalments for their revolving credit cards.
You have to try to recover the arrear immediately through an EPDQ payment system or otherwise try to convince the costumer to make the payment as soon as possible through an effective negotiation.

I've learnt to negotiate with people and give urgency.

The management is very good and are always ready to support you in everything.

The hardest part of this job is to get used to working in an only telephone environment (theorically you should make phone calls all day long), the most enjoyable part instead is the friendly atmosphere and the benefit
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
Long hours, only few and short breaks during the day