Barclays

Barclays Employee Reviews

Sales Account Manager
· Administration of the contracts and Risk assessment of requests for credit cards in various markets.
· Maintain the relationship with important clients and complaints management.
Do not work for Barclays
No Team culture
No Management Support - Very title orientated

No Autonomy - no respect provided

Bureaucratic and stifles creativity

Money is good but not enough to stay

Building is new and modern and situated excellent location
Productive activity
I have been thankful to attend my role of collection agent in Barclaycard for many reasons. First of all because I have been improving my professional skills thanks to the master in “Service Management” it gave me the skills and knowledge required in order to satisfy the needs of companies as Barclaycard. Therefore, my daily aim is to manage all issues with customers adopting a flexible approach in a rewarding behaviour to achieve those daily targets and objectives as set out by my Team Leader.
My main asset ,I think, is a natural approach in order to combine both requirements to collect money for my company and to find the way to do that from our customers. The reason has to be found in my previous jobs whose task wasn’t just working as direct seller (insurance-mechanical product-business consulting) as well direct collector of services and products sold. The negotiation skills I got by direct selling/collecting one to one, gave me the experience and ability to deal even by phone as collector role works in Barclaycard.
Job culture,management,benefits and work life balance is well maintained...........Overall its a good place to work....................................
Time to learn
Excellent atmosphere
Great opportunity to learn about the finance world

It was very busy days, I've get familiar about targets, which I like.
Determinate and focused person, self-motivated, goal oriented, adaptable, multi-task and flexible with ability to work in a team or on own initiative. A strong focus on customer service and sales, meeting and exceeding the demands of customers in a challenging environment with a strong focus on building a loyal customer base and achieving customer satisfaction.
Bank
Good company to work for. Values are core to everything they do.
Great atmosphere but hard work
Working days are organized in 2 shifts, the early shift (8.00 16.30) and the late shift (12.00 20.00)
Practically you have to call clients who, for various reasons, don't pay their monthly instalments for their revolving credit cards.

You have to try to recover the arrear immediately through an EPDQ payment system or otherwise try to convince the costumer to make the payment as soon as possible through an effective negotiation.

I've learnt to negotiate with people and give urgency.

The management is very good and are always ready to support you in everything.

The hardest part of this job is to get used to working in an only telephone environment (theorically you should make phone calls all day long), the most enjoyable part instead is the friendly atmosphere and the benefit
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
Long hours, only few and short breaks during the day