Barclays
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Barclays Management reviews

Ireland9 reviews
Ok for a large corporation
For the most part, Barclays seems to value their employees slightly more than your typical large corporation. You still run into the typical bureaucracy. My review would be better, but I'm losing my job due to a decision to move our location.
Pros
vacation, benefits, training
Cons
limited opportunity to grow
Do not work for Barclays
No Team culture
No Management Support - Very title orientated
No Autonomy - no respect provided
Bureaucratic and stifles creativity

Money is good but not enough to stay

Building is new and modern and situated excellent location
Sales Account Manager
· Administration of the contracts and Risk assessment of requests for credit cards in various markets.
· Maintain the relationship with important clients and complaints management.
Productive activity
I have been thankful to attend my role of collection agent in Barclaycard for many reasons. First of all because I have been improving my professional skills thanks to the master in “Service Management” it gave me the skills and knowledge required in order to satisfy the needs of companies as Barclaycard. Therefore, my daily aim is to manage all issues with customers adopting a flexible approach in a rewarding behaviour to achieve those daily targets and objectives as set out by my Team Leader.
My main asset ,I think, is a natural approach in order to combine both requirements to collect money for my company and to find the way to do that from our customers. The reason has to be found in my previous jobs whose task wasn’t just working as direct seller (insurance-mechanical product-business consulting) as well direct collector of services and products sold. The negotiation skills I got by direct selling/collecting one to one, gave me the experience and ability to deal even by phone as collector role works in Barclaycard.
Job culture,management,benefits and work life balance is well maintained...........Overall its a good place to work....................................
Great atmosphere but hard work
Working days are organized in 2 shifts, the early shift (8.00 16.30) and the late shift (12.00 20.00)
Practically you have to call clients who, for various reasons, don't pay their monthly instalments for their revolving credit cards.

You have to try to recover the arrear immediately through an EPDQ payment system or otherwise try to convince the costumer to make the payment as soon as possible through an effective negotiation.

I've learnt to negotiate with people and give urgency.

The management is very good and are always ready to support you in everything.

The hardest part of this job is to get used to working in an only telephone environment (theorically you should make phone calls all day long), the most enjoyable part instead is the friendly atmosphere and the benefit
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
Long hours, only few and short breaks during the day