Barnardo's
Barnardo's Employee Review

fun and enjoyable

1 March 2016
A typical day working in Barnardos required stock control display of store and display of store window. The shop was continuously changed around shelves being moved sections of clothing changed to different areas etc. so it required a lot of organising. co- workers were funny and kind as i was only 15 at the time it was my transition year work experience/commuinity action and they made me feel really welcome. i learnt a lot in barnardos something new everyday my co workers often said i am very mature and efficient and catch onto things quite quickly. there wasnt anything extremely difficult about the job and everything about it was enjoyable even when up to the ceiling with new stock arriving and having to go through every single item it was still an enjoyable enviornment to be in.
26 January 2020
Supervisor of Community Employment Scheme (Former Employee) - Ballycoolin Dublin 15
The CE sponsors really weren’t very nice to work for.. they were only happy when they were squeezing every bit of work out of you, they were all take take take.. they were also very manipulative in getting what they wanted..
Cons
Doing work I wasn’t paid for
3 December 2019
Retail (Former Employee) - Cork
I loved working there on work experience the staff were extremely nice and I learned a lot from there they showed me how they steam and they would tagg the clothes we were showed to make the shop look better by putting the clothes in the same colours I highly recommend someone to work the
10 October 2018
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Rathmines, County Dublin
I love volunteering in the shop, it feels like a family once you settle in. You're always on your feet, and I go to the shop to get a break from studying, and I always feel welcomed.