BaxterStorey Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick11 February 2019
Nice management, enjoyable, hardworking experience. All staff really nice and a pleasure to work with. It is easy to fit in when starting in this job and you are made feel welcome straight away!
Pros
free lunches
My dream job!
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 September 2018
I started with baxterstorey 2 years ago. I began as a kitchen assistant. Since I began I have moved up in the ranks in my job and am aspiring to be a head chef within the company. I have had 2 good pay rises since I began. The company are sending me to Chef Academy which is basically culinary school to upskill and build my knowledge and confidence in cooking. I have been involved in many events such as Restaurant of the Year Awards..and more! I can honestly say I love working for baxterstorey..who are constantly bettering and training there staff.
Pros
Constantly being trained.. great hours. Lovely staff
Cons
A little pressure won’t kill you
Good Place to work
Kitchen Porter/ kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastpoint Buissness Park17 June 2018
Worked for Baxterstorey had a good time there meet lots of people.
The people i worked with were good and helpful and the manager was very understanding and helpful
Pros
It help a lot when you were able to set down for your lunch
Cons
Hours were not bad manager always gave you the roster so you new when your shefts start
little or no management
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 May 2018
Bad place to work with no management. only one kitchen porter to clean up after one messy chef and two catering assistants and 120 plus customers with no manager to tell about.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Bad company who does not care about employees
Excellent @ Food services
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Galway Avaya20 December 2017
Baxterstorey have an excellent Food quality and development team.
A very poor managerial support , training and managerial poor employee development.
AIB bank
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 October 2017
The staff and managment are friendly people
Get free lunch
The place is always busy so your work day goes very quick
You work 5 days a week with weekends off
Pros
free lunches
Not a great company to work for
CHEF DE PARTIE (Former Employee) –  Cork24 July 2017
When I started with this catering company I basically was transferred from Aramark and the Kitchen in which I work was placed on tinder. Baxter storey gained the contract of food in the building that I had worked in. Unfortunately they were terrible to work for m all managers and head of company were rude and dismissive . it took me close to a month to even get paid . Basically Do not work for them. Worst catering company ever.
Catering Assistant
Catering Assistant /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 July 2017
Never go there, minimum pay for very hard work, there are looking for a slave, no appreciation for your jobs, worst company ever been worked, overal 2 stars
Class
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 June 2017
The job and people there were class, solid work night outs as well. If you want to make decent money and then blow all of it in mcgowans every week, dublin zoo is the place to be.
Hard work, busy and fast paced place
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 February 2017
Working for them I could improve my English, pay my bills and get some money savings that allowed me to leave it after 1 years and 9 months to drive full focus in finding I job that matches my expectations to build a successful career in Ireland, regardless the position, even internship.
There is a hard work, multi task, busy and fast paced environment.
Besides the improvement of my English, I could learn a little about Irish culture and their consuming habits and made many good friends among my colleagues.
No complaints in general about the management.
The hardest part was the long distance from my home and the job itself, that is completely apart of my education and previous work experience. The most enjoyable was spend good time with my workmates, sharing culture and improving my overall knowledge about people all over the world, this is fascinating.
Pros
Spend time with people all over the world
Cons
Super hard and poorly paid work
Nice place to work
. cleaner cook. Cashier. Server washer. (Current Employee) –  Ireland19 January 2017
My days of work. is Very hard. Only two staff on. to do the work of six people. that work. during the week the same work i do ..i work 6.30-2.30 weekends. Mainly but cover all other shifts during the week if anyones missing ...doing catering over 30years ..and never had so much pressure on me ever like i have now ..where i work. is ok. But getting very tired of it .BUT the hardest part of my job is the bosses doesnt listen and the best bit is when my shift is over and i can go home
Busy and friendly enviornment
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballsbridge, County Dublin28 September 2016
Great company to work for and the staff are very helpful and trustworthy. I like working for them but i think its time i move on as im being put under alot of pressure they depend on me to much
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Rely on me to much
nice workplace, good people
Kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Milltown27 May 2015
Have a nice time working on Baxterstorey, I could know new people and improve my english, the best place to work at the moment.
Good work and happy people
BAXTERSTOREY STAFF/ FOOD SERVISANT/BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D31 August 2014
I like working and meeting new people.
I am hard working and fast learner person.