Here to help
Coronavirus update

BD Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,478 reviews
I learned a lot in the company great working as part of a team and close to where I lived.i learned a lot while I was there I was trained to drive a forklift as well which I enjoyed
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Heavily matrix company that requires decision by committee on almost everything. The change management process is extremely inefficient. It takes at least a month to get any change implemented (excluding the actual engineering work).
There are no promotions to speak of but there is an pattern of annual end of fiscal year lay-offs.

Talent are under utilized and lack of opportunities for advancement.

Most enjoyable part of the say is the people I met here and sometimes there are fun events.

Management are overly conservative and not proactively improving processes to prevent issues and inefficiencies.
Pros
Company events, reimbursement for classes, flexibility of work, talented employees
Cons
Lots of red tape to get anything done, slow decision making, top heavy management, no advancement opportunity or few promotions, pitiful raises and bonus
Seems productive with a good vision for the future. Good positive company that helps their employees achieve the next level in their career. Great working environment. Customer focus is just with this company. Great working plan for their employees.
Pros
Good attention to customer focus
Cons
Do not see any
During my interview I asked if they were a company more focused on "the numbers" or the quality of service. My interviewer said they focus more on the quality of services provided. That was not true. Every single day we received group emails and (non-constructive) criticism about our in/outbound call stats..even how long we were off the phone for the restroom, breaks, etc.
Pros
Great benefits, 401k
Cons
Micromanagement, Short breaks, very stressful work environment, poor salary
Place has little advancement. You get hired, then get promoted to senior after a year. Then it’sa dead end.

There is little opportunity to grow. But good work life balance.
Remote opportunity and flexible hours is good. But leaders aren’t very supportive when you need help yet always telling people to ask for help . Lots of intimidation going on in the workplace.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Leaders not very supportive
Absolutely avoid this place if you can. Safety is appalling, management is clueless, and they do not care about you or your well-being at all. The job is not worth the money.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
I work for a contracting company at the moment but there is greater opportunity to work directly under BD after a year of contract employment. The more experience you have in pharmacy / hospital workflow and technology, the more opportunities you will have available to you.

Keeping up with project timelines and trouble shooting machines have to be the most challenging parts of this position. However, I love the travel, meeting new people and learning new workflows wherever I go. This position requires 60%+ travel time and it unusual to work with the same team consistently. Teams are always changing. This is great for networking and it helps keep a lighthearted environment.
Pros
Allotted expense for meals, travel points, opportunities for growth
Cons
Long hours, jet lag, stressful project timelines
I've been at BD for about 5 months now. The people that I work with are great and will help you with getting the job done efficiently and safely. Most are very friendly.
Pros
Benefits, the pay, my work schedule, and location of the warehouse
Cons
Very poorly managed in some areas, They are not willing to accept new ideas from employees. Especially newer employees, Training in some areas are horrible, Communication needs to be improved
Excelente la parte de sueldo , paquete de compensación ,horarios , viajes y ambiente laboral .
Pros
Sueldo, paquete de compensación, horarios
Cons
Ninguno
They tell you:
1. SAFETY

2. FAMILY

3. PRODUCTION

When actually its the other way around.......

First question asked in a meeting is, " How is production?"

Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
You have no life outside of work......
Nebraska is a great place to get your foot-in-the-door with BD if you are a young engineer or recent graduate looking to get into the medical device world. After 2 years you can easily look for other opportunities internally at plants. If you put in the work, you will get noticed by the corporate teams!
E presa ubicada en la periferia de Madrid buen trato. Buena formación
Pros
Turnos de noche
Cons
Turnos
They preach safety and quality and most of the time that goes out the window when production is down. They add a ton of redundant checks related to production to the operators and then scold you when you don’t have enough time to do it all.
Pros
Stable job until covid
Cons
Not much flexibility in schedule. Not much unplanned time off or leeway with it
Overall BD is a good company to work for, local management is generally helpful and supportive, pay and benefits are competitive and for the most part there are opportunities to move up if you work hard. Biggest complaints would be in regards to the strong emphasis on lean manufacturing to the point that we are always running short staffed and corporate policy changes that don't take into account differences between a corporate office and a manufacturing plant. Often seems that corporate decisions are made using a one size fits all approach which just doesn't always work across such a diverse company.
The company office in the Research Triangle Park of North Carolina seems to be full of managers that are clearly not trained in management. They are simply promoted engineers with arrogance. Engineers IMHO don't respect people who do not hold an engineering degree. I worked for and with people who were engineers that were not doing real engineering work. The engineers I worked with were doing the same work that I was doing at home with great success. My practical experience in the field was not valued or respected by the "engineers" and "management". I had a terrible experience in my short time there and went to work every day with a knot in my stomach about how I was going to be disrespected that day.
Pros
Good cafeteria food.
Cons
Bad Management, old and decrepit building.
Too much office politics, especially at the senior staff level. It's not what who know or what you have done, is more about if they like you. There are good people there too,; employees that have been there for a while have learned to just go with the flow.
It's a racist culture it always has been the pay is low they'll give you hot dogs and trinkets before they give you proper pay. For a company to make serious medical equipment and not have an elite culture but has a racist culture in 2020 is horrible.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Location culture and pay
Gostei de ser colaborador dessa empresa., Que pena durou pouco mas sem duvidas esta entre as melhores empresa para trabalhar na nossa capital.
Ambiente de trabalho agradável, Gerencias competentes flexível para novos aprendizados,

Foi uma experiencia magnifica.

Retornaria para essa companhia sem sombra de duvidas.
Pros
Tem todos os benefícios almejado.
Cons
Nada contra.
Très belle entreprise, permet d'acquérir des compétences et une expérience très intéressante. Environnement parfois un peu stressant mais très enrichissant.
BD claims to be family oriented ant they preach "do what's right" but they rarely do what's right. They don't care about the associates all they care about is how they can save money by taking things away from the associates. The way they are handling the coronvirus is sad and illegal. I had two negative covid tests and they told me I couldn't come back because I might have something else which they are not allowed to screen for anything else. BD is a horrible place to work because of horrible management.