Be Independent Home Care

Be Independent Home Care Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

I have worked part-time here for a just a few months. It is my first health care job. Having come from a high salary industry I am finding it hard to get used to the way the pay works, eg. If I start with my first client at 9am and work all the way through until 5pm, I am not paid for all of that time. I am paid €13 per hour for the time I spend with clients, but each of my client appointments comes with 10-15 minutes travel time for which I am not paid and neither are my travel expenses. So it works out around minimum wage for me.Apart from that I do find the job to be extremely rewarding. The management and office team are efficient, caring, and supportive. The option to choose my hours is a huge pro and there seems to be lots of flexibility there. It is really interesting meeting each client and getting to know them, and humbling to help them. I am very glad to be working at Be Independent.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Supportive Management
Cons
Misleading hourly wage
I have been working at be independent homecare for 4 years now.It is the best company to work for,i recommend any HCA to work at be independent homecare. They're very supportive,understanding,you're given a schedule that suits your availability as someone who's also studying this suits me very well,they provide with ongoing paid trainings,very good pay and very good management and supervisors.They are very accommodating and flexible. All in all it is a great company to work with,I would highly recommend it.
Pros
Helpful and friendly supervisors, hours that suits your schedule and ongoing paid trainings
I have been working for Be Indepentent Home Care for two years. Everybody from the two nurses Alice and Caitriona who started Be Independent Home Care, my supervisors and the office team have been very supportive and helpful. I love meeting all the different clients . Each person has different challenges to face each day but despite this they have their life story to share which makes the job so interesting.Everyone at the office are there at the end of a phone to support you when needed which is great. Be Indepenent Home Care offer training and are always promoting your career development. Its a great company to work for.You' re able to pick your hours that suit you which helps give you a good work life balance. If you ' re a HCA that walks or cycles to work the company provide you with a voucher for your rain gear. All your needs are thought about. Your day as a HCA is never boring as each day brings different experiences. When you touch a person' s life it can make your day. This is what makes your job so rewarding at Be Independent Home Care.
Pros
Offer lots of training.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at be independent! The management are brilliant and genuinely care about their staff. You are supported every day at work and any issues are solved almost immediately. Flexible work hours are great and they give a very fair schedule. I would highly recommend working for this company!
I worked for Be Independent Home Care for over a year. I have really pleased my time with Be Independent Home Care which care about the communication with their employees and clients. They provide the information about health care every time and let us involve the trainings as much as we needed. The agency has excellent management on payment and benefits for the all carers equally and honestly.
Pros
Management and Salary/Benefits
I worked for Be independent almost 3 years and i absolutely love it . The staff is great , salary aswell . Highly recommend this company , is the best in healthcare !
An excellent company with a great belief that everyone deserves to live independently. The care management team are great; they provide constant support to the employees. Excellent communication system between the office and the workplace. I would highly recommend this job. The hours are created around your own hours depending on where you live. The houses are mostly close together.
I am very happy to be working for Be Independent Homecare. The management are very approachable and are fully committed in distributing quality care to their clients as well as attending positively to their employees needs. There is great communication between all levels throughout the company, I can not recommend this Homecare company enough!
Pros
Flexible hours
I've worked for be independent home care for the past 6 months and they've been amazing from the very start. The management team are great and very accommodating with hours, they provide me with flexibility and support. The pay is higher than most agencies and they pay employees to go on further training days. The job is so rewarding and it's great to be part of such a professional and caring team.
Pros
Accommodating hours, great support, good pay, friendly environment
Great work environment. Kind people and good pay compatible with your work. If you are looking for a job where you can make your working hours compatible with other personal activities is a perfect place for you. I would recommend this company to you. The staff are always very polite and helpful. I really felt comfortable working for the Company.
I have been with the company since 2014. Be Independent is one of the best companies I have worked for, they do the best to find suitable clients. Management is fantastic, always their to help.
Pros
suitable hours, supporting management
I enjoy working for Be Independent. I've been working with them for 3 years now and I always have a great support from nurses, managers and ADM staff.
From my own point of view with this company, l can really tell that I enjoyed working here, it's flexible and supportive in helping you gain skills through trainings. The management really care about their carers well being, I would fully recommend it, its great and a friendly company to work with.
Pros
Friendly