Beacon Hospital

Beacon Hospital Employee Reviews

Beacon is nice place to work
Beacon Hospital is nice place to work, especially when it is first experience and first job in Ireland. But fairly management is mostly reason why this hospital doesn't require better rating. Otherwise still nice and safe place to work.
Disappointing
Can honestly say I regard my time in the Beacon hospital as a colossal waste of time. At my interview I was promised so many opportunities, none of which came to pass. Management do not support the professional development of their employees, their only loyalty is to the business and making sure as much money is generated as possible. I found it a toxic, suffocating environment. Would not recommend to anyone!!!!
Poor management
Poor management ,staff turn over very high, management never listened to the staff in order to prevent them from leaving . No progression offered was a losing battle and patients suffered aswell as staff .
Good experience, nice people
I've been working in the catering department for a couple of years. You are told from the beginning what to expect and you get training. being a hospital environment you are required to maintain high standards.Ive worked with nice people from all over the world and irish as well. It's not a job that you would make a career out of (although there are catering assistants who are working there for 10+ years), but overall I had a good experience working for them.
Pros
Free meals, pharmacy discounts
Think twice before you decide to work there.
I had the “pleasure” to be a part of the catering staff in this place. It was an experience I will not forget for a long time. People are overworked and over stressed from constant humiliation from both, the kitchen chefs and the management.They do not have the time to sit down and do their duties called “stickers” and the funniest part is that there are no chairs or desks to write them on.The main chef is an angry woman with a foul language who seeks fault in every employee on a daily basis. The worst thing is the fact that the management has been aware of that for many years but nothing had changed. If you’re looking for an interesting story for a newspaper article go and work there for a week.
Its not the best place
Total disaster, I worked in catering. worst job in my life. You work as a slave here, you are always humiliated by the chefs, manager and supervisor. you work 13 hours a day and you are not allowed to drink water, you are not allowed to smile, you are not allowed to talk to coworkers. You must always push 3 troleys, clean NO STOP. PS HCR knows about this and they do not want to take action!
Ok to gain some new skills
Don't think that this is hospital that cares for patients or their employees...
Money making system in which everyone benefits for their current goals.

Not nice place to work for long.
Great Place to Work
Beacon Hospital is a great place to work with great benefits for all employees, no matter their role in the company, everyone is made to feel welcome and part of a team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Beacon Hospital?
Is the best place only for desperate!
If you like: Romanian Language -and not understend them
be humiliated

have a lower self evaluation

do not have time to go to the toilet

hear the pretense why something is not done forever

clean up nonstop and jump like a monkey through a small kitchen

report on friends to the manager

push 3 trolleys - nobody says anything, and no hat - a big problem

they're making you a scapegoat

IS THE BEST PLACE FOR YOU :) GOOD LUCK FOR BRAVE PEOPLE :)
Great experience
Excellent place to work and really great people as well as exciting job with plenty challenges.
Overall i loved working here and would go back if the opportunity ever arose in the future.
Cons
Canteen not great but other options in area
good place to work
The Hospital is always busy which means there is always a great buzz around work. plenty of room for fast career progression. many staff learn new specialities and stay for a long time.
Pros
Great work environment. best equipment. no trollies!
Cons
always busy.
Productive and fun work place
I was focusing mostly on cardioresp patients as well as ICU. It was very rewarding, but challenging at times. I definitely learned a lot from my educator.
Productive and a very friendly environment
Working at beacon hospital thought me a lot the environment is healthy and everyone is very productive.

The workers in Beacon hospital are friendly, kind and also hard working
Pros
Discounts
poor management
Nice place to work, just still very far away from good organisation. I'm very confident in assisting our consultants with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures- like balloon dilatation, varicies banding, banding or injecting of haemorrhoids, apc, plypectomies.
Good communication skills.

I love my job and people who works with me
productive
The staff were very nice and everyone that works there was very helpful to me. The pay and hours were good. The work space was nice and the food was amazing.
See my CV
Administration Clerk

Registering Patients

Checking Insurance Details

Arranging Clinics for next day

Process payment

Cash Handling

Telephone queries
Very interesting and challenging work
The work was very challenging unfortunatly the management was very poor and created an air of hostility among some unsatisfied employees.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad work atmosphere
Enjoyable
I have learned a lot of different things since I came to the Beacon Hospital. Therefore I feel I have grown personally and professionally within the healthcare industry. I have assisted various doctors and nurses perform different procedures on patients for example, I assisted a doctor perform a lumbar puncture, I also assisted a nurse to insert a catheter. I have learned how to take a patients obervations, and assist patients with CPMs when required. A large part of my job is to move between the wards, therefore I will see various departments with a number of different illnesses and injuries on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Inconsistent working hours